Homosexuality is in the bible.

I have read it and there is nothing in there that prohibits American citizens from voting based on their religious beliefs. You have a problem with Christians voting their conscience? Shove it up your ass.

Voting is not legislating DUMB ASS.

Spin it any way that makes you comfy. People in this country are free to vote for anyone they want to. Get over your bigoted self. Your educators failed you.

Once again, I have NO problem folks voting however they want.
YOU are the one spinning this with your attempts to legislate your religious beliefs.
But just as the Founders called you religious KOOKS out we are still here and are still fighting you and your attempts to legislate YOUR religious beliefs.
And still kicking your ass at every turn.
YOU LOSE once again. Please leave the GOP as YOU are the reason we keep losing.

Voting is not legislating DUMB ASS.

Spin it any way that makes you comfy. People in this country are free to vote for anyone they want to. Get over your bigoted self. Your educators failed you.

YOU are the one spinning this with your attempts to legislate your religious beliefs.
But just as the Founders called you religious KOOKS out we are still here and are still fighting you and your attempts to legislate YOUR religious beliefs.

I'm not a republican. I'm a Patriot.

I am a Libertarian.

I have everything. I am free to believe in the tooth fairy if I choose to. Why do my beliefs upset you? Is it my freedom of belief or what I believe that's the problem?

I respect that and support it.
As long as you do not want laws based on your religious beliefs.

That's too bad, for you. This is America. People in America have religious freedom to blieve what they want and the freedom to elect representatives who agree with them.

Well then they aren't merely just your privately held beliefs and they are open for criticism as soon as you put them in the public square.

I personally dont like American football, its kind of a dull game IMO. This opinion is innocuous enough and when they find this out about me they really dont care. However if I turn that belief into a politically active campaign to prevent others from watching/playing/broadcasting it the situation changes completely.

You can't have it both ways. You can't vote to legislate your convictions on others and then sit there and be baffled at the fact that some people are upset with you.

I am a Libertarian.

Not a word that really means much anymore just because of the broad spectrum of beliefs that embrace the label.

That's too bad, for you. This is America. People in America have religious freedom to blieve what they want and the freedom to elect representatives who agree with them.

Well then they aren't merely just your privately held beliefs and they are open for criticism as soon as you put them in the public square.

I personally dont like American football, its kind of a dull game IMO. This opinion is innocuous enough and when they find this out about me they really dont care. However if I turn that belief into a politically active campaign to prevent others from watching/playing/broadcasting it the situation changes completely.

You can't have it both ways. You can't vote to legislate your convictions on others and then sit there and be baffled at the fact that some people are upset with you.

Football IS life!
You have to tackle your problems, block your fears and score your points when you have a chance.
GO DAWGS!!

Do you think I'm baffled that some people are upset with me? Where in the wide wide world of sports did you ever get that idea? I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me, especially some anonymous twits on the internet.

Last edited:

Do you think I'm baffled that some people are upset with me? Where in the wide wide world of sports did you ever get that idea? I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me, especially some anonymous twits on the internet.

You do not need to act out on the internet, plenty of people do that already. I was not being rude it would be nice if you would reciprocate.

"I have everything. I am free to believe in the tooth fairy if I choose to. Why do my beliefs upset you?..." Post #68

You were baffled enough to ask the question and you cared enough to write this irate post.

You clearly aren't a secularist; so you can expect your faith to be the subject of many conversations whether you wish it to be or not.

I doesn't bother me, I asked for proof of Jesus, so you put NOTHING forward. Typical.

I don't have to give you any proof and I don't have to put anything forward. Everyone in America has a constitutional right to believe in God. Fuck you.

Everyone in America has a constitutional right to believe in God.

Sadly that is true. But now where in the Constitution is a god mentioned. God was never put in the Constitution simply because the Founders would have had to enact laws to protect him.

I doesn't bother me, I asked for proof of Jesus, so you put NOTHING forward. Typical.

They have nothing in the way of proof for this jesus not 1st Century wise anyway. And simply rely on the NT as evidence which it's not.

Sadly that is true. But now where in the Constitution is a god mentioned. God was never put in the Constitution simply because the Founders would have had to enact laws to protect him.

They have nothing in the way of proof for this jesus not 1st Century wise anyway. And simply rely on the NT as evidence which it's not.
God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. The same group of men were involved in framing in Constitution for the most part. They fully understood that without a basic Christian mindset the country, it laws, its traditions, its values, would become a dung heap. They fully supported Bible reading and one of the first act was to print Bibles.

There is never enough proof for unbelievers.

Translation: There is none so I'm gonna try to change the subject. Maybe no one will notice.

Too bad, picking about Christian bullshit is so simple a caveman could do it.

You spin it any way that makes you comfortable. I'm not here to convert anyone. I'm here to let you talk and talk and show everyone how ridiculous your arguments are.

I wasn't even talking to you, yet you butt in. Fact: there's no proof that the words attributed to Jesus in the bible were ever spoken by him. Of course people need purpose in their lives and will believe what they want, so why would you think that I'm bothered that you're delusional? That makes no sense. It's like me worrying about GW Bush believing that there were WMD in Iraq, when the facts showed that there were none. I can't help other people's delusions, so why worry? :dunno:

God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. The same group of men were involved in framing in Constitution for the most part. They fully understood that without a basic Christian mindset the country, it laws, its traditions, its values, would become a dung heap. They fully supported Bible reading and one of their earlist acts was to have Bibles printed due to a shortage.

Please see: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Aitken Bible and Congress

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Aitken Bible and Congress

God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. The same group of men were involved in framing in Constitution for the most part. They fully understood that without a basic Christian mindset the country, it laws, its traditions, its values, would become a dung heap. They fully supported Bible reading and one of their earlist acts was to have Bibles printed due to a shortage.

Please see: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Aitken Bible and Congress

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Aitken Bible and Congress
So is that why we've been at war with some country or other pretty much since 1776? :dunno:

God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. The same group of men were involved in framing in Constitution for the most part. They fully understood that without a basic Christian mindset the country, it laws, its traditions, its values, would become a dung heap. They fully supported Bible reading and one of the first act was to print Bibles.

As the British were marching on Concord and Lexington with orders to confiscate all guns from the colonists their rallying cry was the God gave the crown divine right to rule and to make any and all rules and laws for the colonist to follow. God said the crown monarchy was the law and the citizens had to answer to the monarchists because God said so.

All of Europe was run that way back then. Religion ruled every state and country in Europe.
The Anglican Church was the dominant church in the colonies and the majority of them SUPPORTED THE TORRIES, THE CROWN in the revolution.

After we beat them over 100,000 of those holy rollers left the states and headed to Canada and back to England, the good Torries they were.
And we kicked their ass and beat back each and every attempt from the remaining few that did want the national religion as Christianity mandated by government, wanted Washington to be King and supported government funding of Christian churches and Christian schools.

The Founders RAN LIKE HELL from any religious influences in government and that is solely why the Constitution mentions God NO WHERE, there is no national religion as that was voted down numerous times at the Continental Congress and God is not mentioned anywhere IN THE LAW, THE CONSTITUTION.
The Founders sure were smart as hell!
We are a nation of THE LAW, not men and their various and changing like the wind religious beliefs.

As the British were marching on Concord and Lexington with orders to confiscate all guns from the colonists their rallying cry was the God gave the crown divine right to rule and to make any and all rules and laws for the colonist to follow. God said the crown monarchy was the law and the citizens had to answer to the monarchists because God said so.

All of Europe was run that way back then. Religion ruled every state and country in Europe.
The Anglican Church was the dominant church in the colonies and the majority of them SUPPORTED THE TORRIES, THE CROWN in the revolution.

After we beat them over 100,000 of those holy rollers left the states and headed to Canada and back to England, the good Torries they were.
And we kicked their ass and beat back each and every attempt from the remaining few that did want the national religion as Christianity mandated by government, wanted Washington to be King and supported government funding of Christian churches and Christian schools.

The Founders RAN LIKE HELL from any religious influences in government and that is solely why the Constitution mentions God NO WHERE, there is no national religion as that was voted down numerous times at the Continental Congress and God is not mentioned anywhere IN THE LAW, THE CONSTITUTION.
We are a nation of THE LAW, not men and their various and changing like the wind religious beliefs.

The Foiunding Father were smart, in that they understood that Christianity was more a personal relationship between the believer and God. They obviously didn't what to legislate religion, but they wanted the citizens to be convicted of their own immorality and to do the right thing by God. Education was more a pursuit of understanding God and making the nation righteous and honest. The Bible doesn't change. People change their understanding of the Bible as they either move towards God or away from God. People who wish to do what they want, will say that the Bible is open to interpretaion; however, it really isn't to an honest person. One must be aware of what the ENTIRE Bible says and willing to pursue God's heart and then they will learn the truth --- and the truth will set one free.

Not what I meant, I've seen the documentary on that ossuary, so I'm not saying that a guy named Jesus NEVER existed, because that's possible (but that ossuary isn't iron clad proof), but all the miracles and the rest of all that nonsense he is supposed to have said is all hearsay, written generations after the facts. For all we know, Judas turned him in because he was gay, and that's why he was crucified in a diaper.

The Foiunding Father were smart, in that they understood that Christianity was more a personal relationship between the believer and God. They obviously didn't what to legislate religion, but they wanted the citizens to be convicted of their own immorality and to do the right thing by God. Education was more a pursuit of understanding God and making the nation righteous and honest. The Bible doesn't change. People change their understanding of the Bible as they either move towards God or away from God. People who wish to do what they want, will say that the Bible is open to interpretaion; however, it really isn't to an honest person. One must be aware of what the ENTIRE Bible says and willing to pursue God's heart and then they will learn the truth --- and the truth will set one free.
Had the FFs been really enlightened, they would have given us "Freedom FROM Religion".

:thanks:

Had the FFs been really enlightened, they would have given us "Freedom FROM Religion".

:thanks:

There is no one who is free from religion. Everyone believes in something. The worse people are those who believe that there is no God, because then they make up theri own set of rules for everyone else to observe. And such rules benefit the ones who make them up.

Forum List

Back