Homosexuality and Mental Health Issues

OCA said:
We as humans do not make a conscious choice to cavort with the opposite sex, its as natural as the sun rising in the east, we all are attracted to the opposite sex, every single one of us. In the case of homosexuality one makes the conscious choice to cavort with the same sex even knowing how wrong it is, and yes we hve the option of not acting upon an attraction to a same sex partner, its that cut and dried.

Thanks for being civil OCA.

I agree that we as humans do not make a conscious choice to cavort with the opposite sex. Neither
do we (most humans) make the conscious choice to cavort with the same sex.
This is exactly what I'm saying OCA, Most of us do not make a conscious choice at all, it's made for us,
it's nature and out of our control, we are what we are.

As far as every single one of us being attracted to the opposite sex goes...that simply isn't true. Can you show me something to back that claim. Some "widely accepted" data (facts) perhaps, other than that of religious opinion?

As for Homosexuals making a choice to be so...how can you say that? You say heterosexuals don't make
a choice it's natural, but Homosexuals do? That's not consistent OCA, we're all human.

Now as far as the option (read Choice) on not acting on attraction goes...Man...give me a break..when I
was single I'd chase anything in a skirt (almost). That was natural for "Me" I didn't have a choice.
I was fired up by the opposite sex! Never gave it a thought.

Then you say...."and yes we hve the option of not acting upon an attraction to a same sex partner, its that cut and dried". OCA, don't you see the contradiction here...If as you say... it's natural, how can you say
we have a choice?

Think about this...how much choice is there in being born male/female, handicapped, short/tall, smart/dumb etc..
People don't condemn others for being born malformed, mentality retarded etc. I know they used to do so...maybe we're at a point in history and views of homosexuality are changing. Why can't people look at being gay the same way they do any other "BORN WITH" abnormality instead of hate and condemnation?

And for all you Bible Thumpers out there...this question....WWJD?

Ps...for the record folks...I'm not gay and I respect true religious practitioners. Being in
the Bible belt I have no time for Thumpers. I don't approve of the gay lifestyle either,
I just don't mindlessly hate them for it.

That's not directed at you OCA.

OCA said:
LOL Matts! You are still on the same old ridiculous arguments. You know the definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing over and over even though it never worked before.

Good. Then quit making the same ridiculous arguments. They just are not working for you. Smoked any cigs, lately? Better see a shrink.

OCA said:
We as humans do not make a conscious choice to cavort with the opposite sex, its as natural as the sun rising in the east, we all are attracted to the opposite sex, every single one of us. In the case of homosexuality one makes the conscious choice to cavort with the same sex even knowing how wrong it is, and yes we hve the option of not acting upon an attraction to a same sex partner, its that cut and dried.

I get what you're saying but don't quite agree entirely. A homosexual could make the same claim as you do about not having a conscious choice if that was all there was to it. This may be splitting hairs, but I think there's more to it as there is a difference between the unconscious feelings of attraction and the actual choosing to "cavort" with a partner. I think everybody makes that conscious choice to "cavort".

Heterosexuals, like homosexuals, make a conscious choice to "cavort" in that they choose either appropriate or inappropriate sex partners. Inappropriate partners could include already married people, children, or whatever, all of whom may be of the opposite sex.

Everybody can have inappropriate feelings (for whatever reason) but whether or not we ACT on them is the human CHOICE. That's what separates us from the animals. Humans are aware that homosexual behavior as well as some types of heterosexual behavior are not good for the species.

for example:
Adulterous heterosexuals are making inappropriate choices based upon their feelings. By "cavorting" with someone else's mate, they are neglecting their own mate and children which is not good for the human condition.

nakedemperor said:
No, just send flowers. Pretty ones.

Hmmm. I see. Interesting. Your need to project your fantasy life onto other board members indicates profoundly conflicted feelings. You definitely have some issues here.

musicman said:
Hmmm. I see. Interesting. Your need to project your fantasy life onto other board members indicates profoundly conflicted feelings. You definitely have some issues here.

Its a distinct possibility. I hope I don't keep them bottled up inside... :blowup:

Mr. P said:
I agree that we as humans do not make a conscious choice to cavort with the opposite sex. Neither
do we (most humans) make the conscious choice to cavort with the same sex.
This is exactly what I'm saying OCA, Most of us do not make a conscious choice at all, it's made for us,
it's nature and out of our control, we are what we are.

If nature is the arguement you elect to use, then if someone is attracted, "sexualy", to the same sex, then it's nature run amok. Something is wrong in the sexual department of that person's make-up, because "nature's" design didn't intend men to engage in sex, just as it didn't intend women to engage in sex. They're just NOT compatible given their physical atributes, not to mention the immorality of it. The ONLY way they can is in some perverted fashion, that DEFILES nature.

It amazes me so, the degree to which, some people will go trying to legitimize homosexuality and lesbianism, when in their mind and soul, they know it's as wrong as the day is long. Simply amazing.

Pale Rider said:
If nature is the arguement you elect to use, then if someone is attracted, "sexualy", to the same sex, then it's nature run amok. Something is wrong in the sexual department of that person's make-up, because "nature's" design didn't intend men to engage in sex, just as it didn't intend women to engage in sex. They're just NOT compatible given their physical atributes, not to mention the immorality of it. The ONLY way they can is in some perverted fashion, that DEFILES nature.

It amazes me so, the degree to which, some people will go trying to legitimize homosexuality and lesbianism, when in their mind and soul, they know it's as wrong as the day is long. Simply amazing.

It must be such a bitch to know it all, huh?

DKSuddeth said:
It must be such a bitch to know it all, huh?

Thank you DK. I'll take that as a tepid acknowledgement that you know I'm right.

(You could admit you know it's wrong yourself, but I know it goes against your liberal marching orders).

Pale Rider said:
Thank you DK. I'll take that as a tepid acknowledgement that you know I'm right.

(You could admit you know it's wrong yourself, but I know it goes against your liberal marching orders).

indulge your fantasy of thinking(knowing?) you're right all you like, It won't change the fact that you're not, nor will it change the fact that you don't know everything.

nobody gives me marching orders, including my wife, though she'd very much like everybody to think that.

Pale Rider said:
...It amazes me so, the degree to which, some people will go trying to legitimize homosexuality and lesbianism, when in their mind and soul, they know it's as wrong as the day is long. Simply amazing.
What amazes me is that some folks are born without enough intelligence to connect
"all" the dots, not just the ones they choose to connect.
But no one is slamming you for that Pale. We understand.

DKSuddeth said:
indulge your fantasy of thinking(knowing?) you're right all you like, It won't change the fact that you're not, nor will it change the fact that you don't know everything.

nobody gives me marching orders, including my wife, though she'd very much like everybody to think that.

So now you call "NATURE" fantasy??!! Did you miss the memo that nature sent out that said men should be with women?

News flash DK, nature is NOT fantasy.

Pale Rider said:
So now you call "NATURE" fantasy??!! Did you miss the memo that nature sent out that said men should be with women?

News flash DK, nature is NOT fantasy.

did you miss the statement that I was talking about you, and not nature?

Mr. P said:
What amazes me is that some folks are born without enough intelligence to connect
"all" the dots, not just the ones they choose to connect.
But no one is slamming you for that Pale. We understand.

Then you're easily amazed. Why don't you make a date to go over to naked's place this weekend and watch fag flicks. You can tell him how much you think it's such a lovely thing, and how you're AMAZED with that.

DKSuddeth said:
did you miss the statement that I was talking about you, and not nature?

So you would rather shift this discussion from facts to personal. What the fuck is that?

DKSuddeth said:

Have we found another idiot who takes my mouthing off as fact? :dunno:
Damn, I hate stupid people :finger:

Ive said more than once that I KNOW that my husband wears the pants, so to speak, in this family. Im just lucky that he lets me be a snot about it as well as allows me to feel that I have some control :funnyface

Regarding this issue at hand, I would imagine that I would be hauled up on the cross and stoned, due to my complete failure to throw stones at another.
:dunno: Guess thats a chance I'll always willingly take

Forum List

Back