Homeownership rate lowest in 25 years

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Thank you President Obama. Quite the legacy of dependency and despair.

Home prices are rising, and homeownership is falling. How can that be?

If prices are rising, it must be because there is increasing demand for homes, but if there is increasing demand, then why are there fewer homeowners?

It has to do with this: math. The homeownership rate in the first quarter of this year fell to 63.7 percent, the lowest since 1990, according to the U.S. Census. The homeownership rate is the ratio of households that own to overall households—the remaining being rental households.

If prices are rising, it must be because there is increasing demand for homes, but if there is increasing demand, then why are there fewer homeowners?

It has to do with this: math. The homeownership rate in the first quarter of this year fell to 63.7 percent, the lowest since 1990, according to the U.S. Census. The homeownership rate is the ratio of households that own to overall households—the remaining being rental households.
Well at least with Obozo the looting rates are up.
Oh, you wanted GOOD NEWS.......sorry *hangs head*

It's simple.

People are buying houses to re-sale them at a higher rate after some work is done to the house. Buy a 40k house work on it for afew months, and re-sale at 140k.

Hundreds of thousands of people are doing this around the country, and it's a real money maker, I should know.

Spend a little money, put in a lot of elbow grease and some more money, and turn a cheap house into an expensive one of a kind home, sell it to someone, and go buy another one.

It's simple.

People are buying houses to re-sale them at a higher rate after some work is done to the house. Buy a 40k house work on it for afew months, and re-sale at 140k.

Hundreds of thousands of people are doing this around the country, and it's a real money maker, I should know.

Spend a little money, put in a lot of elbow grease and some more money, and turn a cheap house into an expensive one of a kind home, sell it to someone, and go buy another one.

Sooo simple.....everyone's doin' it.........NOT!
But, rent is thru the roof!

Home ownership will turn around at something like 40% as it has in past major downturns with Ds in power.

So you admit the Bush regime was the problem.
No Stankey Abortion was the problem idiot. You care to GUESS how many home buyers and car buyers you have KILLED since 1973? Are you so stupid not to know social choice CAN have effects on Fiscal futures?

Tell me something Stankey, when the number of homes is LARGER then the number of buyers what happens to price? That's RIGHT STankey prices drop! In ONE decade the market will be flooded with homes!

Moron

It's rather logical that the rate of homeownership would decline in tandem with the decline in the Labor Force Participation Rate.

Just sayin'.

I've been foreclosed on and am stuck renting for a while.
It sucks mostly but I don't have to mow or do repairs..But I miss those things too

So you admit the Bush regime was the problem.
No Stankey Abortion was the problem idiot. You care to GUESS how many home buyers and car buyers you have KILLED since 1973? Are you so stupid not to know social choice CAN have effects on Fiscal futures?

Tell me something Stankey, when the number of homes is LARGER then the number of buyers what happens to price? That's RIGHT STankey prices drop! In ONE decade the market will be flooded with homes!

Moron
They were building new homes in NW Ark when they had a glut of foreclosed homes....

Forum List

Back