homeowners association wants woman to take blm sign in her living room

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

as much i do not like blm. home owners are only responsable for the outside , not the inside. what there doing is illegal to the lady because of that.

as much i do not like blm.
WE know - you post about it every Saturday.

home owners are only responsable for the outside , not the inside. what there doing is illegal to the lady because of that.
If only you knew to be embarrassed about your sentence structure, and our earlier discussion about multi-posting.

My question is, what are all those people doing peeking in her windows? Isn't peeking in windows without the permission of the homeowner illegal?

Personally? If she wants to have a sign in her living room, let her have her sign. If someone is offended by seeing it through the window when they walk or drive by, tough, quit peeking in the woman's house.

I noticed this line in the OP's article: That’s despite neighbors appearing to be in violation themselves. At one home, a Trump doormat could be seen on the ground. At another, a thin blue line flag was noticeable.

Aside from the hypocrisy of the HOA allowing other political stuff I wonder. Is a Trump doormat supporting or opposing Trump? :dunno:
:auiqs.jpg:

"This is my Black Lives Matter artwork on my wall". :laughing0301:

I know about art in the Northwest. That's a terrorist riot poster in a frame. Somebody that calls a BurnLootMurder riot sign "artwork" needs to be stomped hard.

It would offend me.

She has the option to close the drapers.

Last edited:

as much i do not like blm. home owners are only responsable for the outside , not the inside. what there doing is illegal to the lady because of that.

I knew it was going to be some middle aged white woman. LOL

That said, I agree. The HOA is overstepping. People can see it through the window as they are walking by, apparently, but it's not hanging in her window; it's on a wall that people can just happen to see while walking by. Tough shit. Deal with it and stop looking in people's windows.

What kind of insanity is this....She received an email outlining how homes can’t have signs or flags supporting or opposing political candidates, social movements, humanitarian causes or religious beliefs.

She ought to start a campaign against the HOA, telling everyone how the HOA is trying to regulate what people can and can't do in their own homes. This is an issue that both conservatives and liberals can get behind, as I don't see very many people willing to let others dictate the decor and behavior in their own home.

It is not a free speech issue it is not the Govt.

But who the hell would buy a house with that insane of an HOA?
I would guess that very few people actually read the covenants of their HOA before buying a home. I would also bet there’s nothing in the covenants regarding what hangs on the walls inside the homes.

I would guess that very few people actually read the covenants of their HOA before buying a home. I would also bet there’s nothing in the covenants regarding what hangs on the walls inside the homes.

Then people are idiots.

The list of what is not allowed in the yard is more than enough reason to stay away.

Then people are idiots.

The list of what is not allowed in the yard is more than enough reason to stay away.
Most HOAs don’t let you put shit like that in your yard. This particular neighborhood obviously has issues between neighbors. I wonder if it’s a townhome vs single family home. All HOAs suck this one just sucks more.

HOAs are horrible. I cannot understand why people live in neighborhoods with them

HOAs are horrible. I cannot understand why people live in neighborhoods with them

Depends on the HOA. Some are pretty benign and just keep people from having 10 used cars on their lawn or painting their house rainbow. Where we had our house built has an HOA, but it is as basic as it comes and the fees basically just cover lawn care for everyone and taking care of the sign at the front.

Forum List

Back