Homeowner shoots thief

He's a thief, he didn't have the right.

But should the homeowner have shot him? Or should he have just called the cops?

Is stealing a catalytic converter a capital crime?
The second that the thugs fired the first round made them fair game. The only problem was that the homeowner wasn't fast enough to take them both out of the gene pool. This molly coddling of criminals has to stop--if you don't want terrible things to happen to you, don't visit terrible things on your fellow citizens. He didn't get shot for stealing a catalytic converter, he got shot for attempted murder.

The second that the thugs fired the first round made them fair game. The only problem was that the homeowner wasn't fast enough to take them both out of the gene pool. This molly coddling of criminals has to stop--if you don't want terrible things to happen to you, don't visit terrible things on your fellow citizens. He didn't get shot for stealing a catalytic converter, he got shot for attempted murder.

True.

CHICAGO — A homeowner who says he saw two thieves stealing from a car fatally shot one of the suspects in a shootout, according to police.

The homeowner, a 44-year-old man was sitting on the steps of his home on the 2900 block of North Wolcott Avenue around 11:12 p.m. Wednesday when he heard a loud noise and two saw men underneath a car attempting to steal a catalytic converter.

When the two men noticed they were being watched, they crawled out from the car and pulled out their guns and started shooting at the homeowner.

The 44-year-old, who is a licensed concealed carry holder, took out his own firearm and shot one of the suspects, a 25-year-old identified as Darion Blackman, in the neck. The second suspect fled the scene.

Blackman was taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center and was pronounced dead.

The homeowner was not injured.

Area Three detectives are investigating.

Blackman was arrested on Sept. 9 for unlawful use of a weapon and not having a valid FOID card. He was released the next day.

It's stories like this that help the pro-gun argument.

They picked the wrong catalytic converter.

Would it have been better if the homeowner went inside and called the cops?
I liked the Texas convince store being robbed at gunpoint story better.

Every customer in the store shot the robber.

For some people that car is their life. They are poor thus, the loss of the car, can lead to life altering problems.

So, yeah, I think that nowadays, destroying a poor persons car can lead to their deaths.

So, fuck the thieves.

With all the BLM brainless riots, looting, and never-ending crime, it seems as though many of these scumbags, BLM or not, think they can get away with any crime they care to commit.

Imo the homeowner deserves a medal. I wish he had killed both of the worthless swine.

The only good thief is a dead thief. It's time to get crime under control. But, sadly, our worthless politicians are doing NOTHING to help. American citizens have to find the balls to lower the crime rates in the most effective ways possible.

Quite possibly true. But I'm more interested in comparing the unnecessary deaths by gun to Canada's experience. Let me know if you have an interest in examining that question.

Canaduh was founded in kissing a horrendous tyrant's ass, and licking his boots.

The United States was founded in kicking that same tyrant's ass.

Nothing that ever does or does not happen in Canaduh is of any relevance to what does or does not happen in the United States.

As relics of a shameful and cowardly start to their own nation, Canadians are, as a whole completely unworthy to say anything about how America is to be run.

One of the metals in converters is platinum. A catalytic converter runs over two grand.

Palladium and rhodium are involved as well. Even more valuable than platinum.

But as valuable as a stolen catalytic converter is, it's still much less than the damage that a typical subhuman piece of shit does to a car in order to steal it.

That's the thing about thieving filth such as that. They do not care how much of a loss they inflict on their victims, in order to steal something that is much less valuable than the amount of loss that they cause. As an electrician, I've heard of thieves causing tens of thousands of dollars of damage to an HVAC system to steal a few hundred dollars worth of copper wire.

If the thieves didn't want to get killed, there was a simple way they could have avoided it. They could have chosen to keep their filthy thieving hands off of property that didn't belong to them.

For some people that car is their life. They are poor thus, the loss of the car, can lead to life altering problems.

So, yeah, I think that nowadays, destroying a poor persons car can lead to their deaths.

So, fuck the thieves.

In earlier days, in this country, very much for that sort of reason, stealing a horse was a capital offense.

If you stole a man's horse, you were stealing his ability to make a living, to survive. Very possibly condemning him to death.

We would be a much safer, healthier society, if we treated modern criminals who steal things that are crucial to anyone else's ability to thrive in a similar manner.

Even if you don't steal something that a man needs to make his living, you're certainly stealing the part of his life that he spent working to earn the wealth to buy that thing.

The thief didn't break into a home. He was stealing a catalytic converter from a car parked on the street.

I don't think it was the homeowner's car even.
I'm beginning to wonder what your rap sheet must look like, Otis.

One excuse after another for the perp. That is down right pathetic on your behalf, son.

So, fuck the thieves.

Like a horse in the old west....considering that the democrats have made public transportation unsafe, like everything else they touch, at least with your car you can have a gun....on public transport in Chicago, you have to have your gun in a separate container.......you can't carry it....so, of course, our train platforms are covered in blood now...

As long as it's the criminals that die, rather than any actual human beings, this can only be a good thing.
Those criminals who are deserving of a death sentence can't be executed by gun because the law needs to decide. Personally, I oppose the death sentence.
But your ideals do relate to your other message to me on one of the differences between our two countries and what 250 years has brought.

Forum List

Back