Homeland Security suggests we all brandish scissors against mass murderers...

Then you deal with the consequences of your actions... Personal responsibility kinda works that way...

I know liberals don't like to hear about personal responsibility.. but, c'est la vie

I know that my original post was not directed towards you, but since you responded...

Are you so confident in your shooting skills and awareness in the midst of panic that you'd take the shot, while accepting the possibility that perhaps that guy running down the hallway isn't the shooter, but a frantic co-worker?

I was confident in my skills in my Army days... that I would not kill a friendly.. not much different now.. except my days of 100 pushups in 2 minutes and 10 minute 2-mile runs are well behind me

Maybe I am not the same as others though.. and if there are those who would panic and know it, it is probably wise when they make the decision (that is a personal one) not to carry a firearm

I'm not trying to cast doubt on your skills, but even the best trained soldiers and SWAT occasionally kill each other with friendly fire. It's just reality.

I agree with what you're saying completely, actually - which brings me back to my problem with the idea that everyone having a gun on them all the time is NOT a better solution to mass shootings than what the DHS has advised in their video.

I know that my original post was not directed towards you, but since you responded...

Are you so confident in your shooting skills and awareness in the midst of panic that you'd take the shot, while accepting the possibility that perhaps that guy running down the hallway isn't the shooter, but a frantic co-worker?

I was confident in my skills in my Army days... that I would not kill a friendly.. not much different now.. except my days of 100 pushups in 2 minutes and 10 minute 2-mile runs are well behind me

Maybe I am not the same as others though.. and if there are those who would panic and know it, it is probably wise when they make the decision (that is a personal one) not to carry a firearm

I'm not trying to cast doubt on your skills, but even the best trained soldiers and SWAT occasionally kill each other with friendly fire. It's just reality.

I agree with what you're saying completely, actually - which brings me back to my problem with the idea that everyone having a gun on them all the time is NOT a better solution to mass shootings than what the DHS has advised in their video.

Oh.. shit happens.. and that is reality.. but you take those consequences when they happen.. I had a basic training buddy who was tried for shooting a civvy when he was in theater a couple years later... though he was exonerated of the charges.... but it does not take away from my confidence that I can and will handle myself, even if there is still a probability of the unknown shit happening

Oh.. shit happens.. and that is reality.. but you take those consequences when they happen.. I had a basic training buddy who was tried for shooting a civvy when he was in theater a couple years later... though he was exonerated of the charges.... but it does not take away from my confidence that I can and will handle myself, even if there is still a probability of the unknown shit happening

I can respect your confidence in yourself - but do you have that same confidence in everyone else?

I know that I don't have that confidence in myself. As you said before, I've made the personal decision that I'm unwilling to accept the possibility of accidentally killing a co-worker or friend, and that's why I don't carry a gun.

Is Napolitano still in charge there? That would explain their stupidity.

Why do you think it's "stupid" to advise people to use anything they can find to neutralize an attacker, if the opportunity presents itself?
Because in her mind it would be better then being armed.

Why do you think it's "stupid" to advise people to use anything they can find to neutralize an attacker, if the opportunity presents itself?
Because in her mind it would be better then being armed.

What else do you see in your crystal ball, oh great swami?

It's hilarious to me when people claim some inside knowledge of other people's thoughts.

Should I just lay down and let them kill me instead?

In your case yes.....please.
Me? I'm going to shoot the asshole.

What if you accidentally shot and killed a co-worker by mistake?

Why would I do that? I'm not a lib I know how to shoot.

And since were in la la land and making up shit. What if I did kill a good guy by mistake first? But then dropped the bad guy next thereby saving twenty others.
And then the magic fairies ......meh I'm tired of fairy tales,you got anything else?

More than half of this country doesn't own guns.

I see nothing wrong with DNS's video, it seems to make sense to me. Defend yourself with whatever you have around - how exactly is that bad advice?

It's as stupid as HS unveiling the duct tape and plastic theory when Bush was prez.

Except that a pair of scissors really can kill somebody, but duct tape and plastic won't protect you from a chemical attack.

NBC suits won't protect you from chemical attacks? Why does everyone swear by them?

I think it's hilarious that people think that "everyone having a gun" would prevent an office or school shooting.

All it would do is raise the body count.

If every adult at Sandy Hook were armed, and willing to use their weapons, more kids would be dead? Can you explain that logic?

More than half of this country doesn't own guns.

I see nothing wrong with DNS's video, it seems to make sense to me. Defend yourself with whatever you have around - how exactly is that bad advice?

And I remember the 'duck and cover' advice for protectng self in a nuclear attack, too. FWIW, I don't keep scissors in my office. Because it is something a patient can get his/her hands on and use on ME. If our government weren't so Machiavellian............

No way, homeland would be outraged if you brandished scissors. They recommend that you surrender and hope for the best.

Why do you think it is stupid to allow people to avail themselves of the single most effective tool for stopping someone with a weapon?

Forum List

Back