Homeland Security Shifted $10 Million From FEMA For Immigrant Crackdown

A major hurricane is upon us. But because we just had to stop Hispanics rom entering the US, we could have a problem.

Homeland Security Shifted $10 Million From FEMA For Immigrant Crackdown, Senator Says
Nick Visser,HuffPost 11 hours ago

The Trump administration transferred nearly $10 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency earlier this year to fund immigrant detention and deportation efforts, according to a document released Tuesday by Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore).

The lawmaker first shared the documents with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, saying that the Department of Homeland Security requested the money “just as hurricane season [was] starting” and as it was attempting to fund Immigration and Customs Enforcement in the midst of its new “zero tolerance” immigration policy. The controversial crackdown resulted in the separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents, hundreds of whom have yet to be reunited.

“This is a scandal. At the start of hurricane season — when American citizens in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are still suffering from FEMA’s inadequate recovery efforts — the administration transferred millions of dollars away from FEMA,” Merkley said in a statement to HuffPost. “And for what? To implement their profoundly misguided ‘zero tolerance’ policy. It wasn’t enough to rip thousands of children out of the arms of their parents — the administration chose to partly pay for this horrific program by taking away from the ability to respond to damage from this year’s upcoming and potentially devastating hurricane season.”

Homeland Security Shifted $10 Million From FEMA For Immigrant Crackdown, Senator Says

Speaking of frivolous and unnecessary, this lame attempt to gin up controversy leaps to mind.

I don't think the people on the eastern seaboard see it that way at this particular time.

“The money in question — transferred to ICE from FEMA’s routine operating expenses — could not have been used for hurricane response due to appropriation limitations,” Houlton wrote on Twitter

Try reading your own fucking link you retard. Jesus christ....just more FAUX rage since ya know that Hurricane is gonna hit us hicks,rednecks,bigots blah blah blah you leftists hate...don't act like you give a shit ON TOP of the fact the money transferred as the director states COULD NOT BE USED FOR FEMA.

I did dumb ass. Maybe you need to recognize that with all the lies and departmental scandals in this administration that it would not be wise to just believe the words of anyone in this administration. Besides, taking 10 million dollars to create prisons for infants is just not something that should be supported or excused.
Your problem not mine. You lie for a living like all leftists. Don't want kids thrown in cells then DON'T COME INTO MY COUNTRY ILLEGALLY!

That's all of our problem. Seems the bulk of lying is being done by the right. Especially here at USMB.

th

And they’re going to need all that hard working, cheap immigrant labor to help rebuild what the hurricane destroys.

Very ironic.

A major hurricane is upon us. But because we just had to stop Hispanics rom entering the US, we could have a problem.

The Trump administration transferred nearly $10 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency earlier this year to fund immigrant detention and deportation efforts, according to a document released Tuesday by Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore).

The lawmaker first shared the documents with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, saying that the Department of Homeland Security requested the money “just as hurricane season [was] starting” and as it was attempting to fund Immigration and Customs Enforcement in the midst of its new “zero tolerance” immigration policy. The controversial crackdown resulted in the separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents, hundreds of whom have yet to be reunited.

“This is a scandal. At the start of hurricane season — when American citizens in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are still suffering from FEMA’s inadequate recovery efforts — the administration transferred millions of dollars away from FEMA,” Merkley said in a statement to HuffPost. “And for what? To implement their profoundly misguided ‘zero tolerance’ policy. It wasn’t enough to rip thousands of children out of the arms of their parents — the administration chose to partly pay for this horrific program by taking away from the ability to respond to damage from this year’s upcoming and potentially devastating hurricane season.”

Speaking of frivolous and unnecessary, this lame attempt to gin up controversy leaps to mind.

I don't think the people on the eastern seaboard see it that way at this particular time.

“The money in question — transferred to ICE from FEMA’s routine operating expenses — could not have been used for hurricane response due to appropriation limitations,” Houlton wrote on Twitter

Try reading your own fucking link you retard. Jesus christ....just more FAUX rage since ya know that Hurricane is gonna hit us hicks,rednecks,bigots blah blah blah you leftists hate...don't act like you give a shit ON TOP of the fact the money transferred as the director states COULD NOT BE USED FOR FEMA.

I did dumb ass. Maybe you need to recognize that with all the lies and departmental scandals in this administration that it would not be wise to just believe the words of anyone in this administration. Besides, taking 10 million dollars to create prisons for infants is just not something that should be supported or excused.
Your problem not mine. You lie for a living like all leftists. Don't want kids thrown in cells then DON'T COME INTO MY COUNTRY ILLEGALLY!

That's all of our problem. Seems the bulk of lying is being done by the right. Especially here at USMB.

th
Nope its not my problem at all actually. My problem is having illegals using my tax dollars to send their kids to OUR schools,get medical care,food stamps,medicaid,etc etc...these fucking idiots are from third world shit holes and don't know how to drive in America...they are a constant danger to Americans. Oh and Injuns came from Asia so who did they steal the land from?

Can't help it if you don't understand English and have no memory of recent events...

Good. It is time someone got serious about the invaders.

Invaders?

th

invader

NOUN
  • A person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.
invade

VERB
[WITH OBJECT]
  • 1(of an armed force) enter (a country or region) so as to subjugate or occupy it.

‘during the Second World War the island was invaded by the Axis powers’
    1. 1.1 Enter (a place, situation, or sphere of activity) in large numbers, especially with intrusive effect.
      ‘demonstrators invaded the Presidential Palace’

2. 1.2 (of a parasite or disease) spread into (an organism or bodily part)
      ‘sometimes the worms invade the central nervous system’

3. 1.3 Encroach or intrude on.
      ‘he felt his privacy was being invaded’

Something confusing you here, Punkin?

Great point, that 4'10" mother and her 3 year old daughter need to be separated and incarcerated for their invasion of America. Such audacious behavior needs to be punished.

who does that?

Good. It is time someone got serious about the invaders.

Invaders?

th

invader

NOUN
  • A person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.
invade

VERB
[WITH OBJECT]
  • 1(of an armed force) enter (a country or region) so as to subjugate or occupy it.

‘during the Second World War the island was invaded by the Axis powers’
    1. 1.1 Enter (a place, situation, or sphere of activity) in large numbers, especially with intrusive effect.
      ‘demonstrators invaded the Presidential Palace’

2. 1.2 (of a parasite or disease) spread into (an organism or bodily part)
      ‘sometimes the worms invade the central nervous system’

3. 1.3 Encroach or intrude on.
      ‘he felt his privacy was being invaded’

Something confusing you here, Punkin?

Great point, that 4'10" mother and her 3 year old daughter need to be separated and incarcerated for their invasion of America. Such audacious behavior needs to be punished.
so should children go with their mothers to jail when they commit a crime? Are you consistent?

You know, it would make more sense to wait until AFTER the hurricane to transfer the money to ICE, just to make sure that it wasn't needed for something FEMA related.

I mean, they already know this is gonna be one of the largest hurricanes in a long time, and it's gonna kick the crap outta at least 2 states.

But, that is just Republican logic I guess. Jr. cut taxes TWICE while an expensive war was being waged.

You did not name any senator or high ranking democrat.
McCaskill and Gary Peters both dems that don't like being trashed by fellow dems....McCaskill said it was untrue that they would never take money from FEMA that was meant for FEMA...Trump has no power to do it anyway dummy....see how stupid the left is?....

Last edited:
You know, it would make more sense to wait until AFTER the hurricane to transfer the money to ICE, just to make sure that it wasn't needed for something FEMA related.

I mean, they already know this is gonna be one of the largest hurricanes in a long time, and it's gonna kick the crap outta at least 2 states.

But, that is just Republican logic I guess. Jr. cut taxes TWICE while an expensive war was being waged.
why, do you know their budget?

Can't help it if you don't understand English and have no memory of recent events...

Liar Liar was a comedy, its not funny when the liar is the Commander-in-Chief and Baron can't wish his dad would awaken and become honest.

Florence is going to hit and stall over mostly Trump country. So I think Trump should shift more money away from FEMA for now.

They seem to believe Americans aren't as important as immigrants so Americans can die as far as conservatives are concerned.

It's ok to take money from FEMA that's supposed to help search and rescues and preparedness to give to the owners of those private detention camps that hold children in cages. Those kids are such a threat to our nation that those in the path of hurricanes don't matter. They can die for all trump cares. It's more important for that money to go into the pockets of the private owners of those detention camps that have children in cages than to save the lives of Americans.

th

I just heard, "Anything I don't like must be a lie!"

Florence is going to hit and stall over mostly Trump country. So I think Trump should shift more money away from FEMA for now.

They seem to believe Americans aren't as important as immigrants so Americans can die as far as conservatives are concerned.

It's ok to take money from FEMA that's supposed to help search and rescues and preparedness to give to the owners of those private detention camps that hold children in cages. Those kids are such a threat to our nation that those in the path of hurricanes don't matter. They can die for all trump cares. It's more important for that money to go into the pockets of the private owners of those detention camps that have children in cages than to save the lives of Americans.
what are you talking about? how much money do you think FEMA has? do you know? come on wisenheimer, answer the question.

Forum List

Back