Holy Toledo!

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
The Mud Hens just clinched a AAA Western Division playoff spot for the first time in 11 years! Since the Detroit Tigers began their rebuild by trading away their high-paid slackers for prospects last summer, talent has been inching up through their minor leagues and some of it has arrived in Toledo this summer. The Tigers have been little more than a AAA ball club themselves this year but they play hard, something blue-collar Detroit demands. We hoped to see half a dozen Hens come up to The Show this weekend, but since Toledo made the playoffs, that can wait....GO MUD HENS!

s7gxh6t5gb29ehmu7138er5en.gif

Last edited:
  • Banned
That's cool I was a big Tigers fan when Denny Mclain (yes I am that old) was the last 30 game winner. I'd like to see them get to the top of baseball again.

Dennis the Menace...31-6 and 28 complete games in '68. He's been in and out of prison in the last 20 years for embezzlement and fraud....total scumbag but nobody will ever match that season win 30 wins.again.

Oh yeah Denny was a mess off the field but no modern day pitcher has come close to his numbers in '68 not to mention leading the Tigers to the World Series. Although it was Mickey Lolich who was clearly King of the mound in that Series against the Cardinals.

• Banned
Hens WIN playoff opener against Durham 10-3 in the best of 5 series....game 2 tomorrow night and then on to Durham for 3 (if necessary). This is terrific for the city of Toledo (although it is in Ohio), the Detroit Tigers AAA farm club since 1987 and off and on back to 1949. They play at Fifth-Third field..I've never been there but it looks pretty nice. KEEP GOING HENS!

• Banned
With Columbus Clippers out of it I'm rooting for Mud Hens.

Meanwhile up a the parent club.....

Tigers analyst Rod Allen allegedly assaulted and choked broadcast partner Mario Impemba.

They lost 6-5 tonight and head to Durham for game 3 tomorrow. I mostly wanted the Mudhens franchise to have a couple good profit nights after a long regular season. If they can win 2 out of 3 on the road, great...if not, we get to see 5 or 6 of them up with the Tigers next week. I can't stand Rod Allen...his face, his voice, his stupid ebonics after 15 years on the air, and pretending he knows something about hitting after his cup of coffee in the Show. Word is he attacked Mario from behind (BIG SURPRISE), and hit him several times...bye bye Rod.

Forum List

Back