Holy Mary, Mother of God - Boehner loses his ever-loving mind

Once again the hysterical radical left thinks there are republican boogymen under the bed. Relax lefties, the GOP only has the majority in 1/3 of the government. The other 2/3 has screwed it up bad enough.

Last edited:
How is that fiscally responsible? The debts are owed. It is not fiscally responsible to refuse to honor the debts.

And since the debt ceiling was raised o so very many times on Bush's watch - why was he not refused.

Where in there did he say we weren't going to pay the debt? He was saying that the DEBT LIMIT shouldn't be raised unless we cut spending.
Another fucking idiot who doesn't know what the debt limit is.

Whooopeee!!!!!

I know. I am amazed on a daily basis at how many of them there are.

On the other hand, Fox does have the highest ratings in the land.

National Debt Ceiling Definition and How It Affects the Economy
What Happens If the Debt Ceiling Isn't Raised?
Once the debt ceiling is reached, Treasury cannot auction new Treasury notes. It must rely on incoming revenue to pay ongoing Federal government expenses. This happened in 1996, and Treasury announced it could not send out Social Security checks.

Competing Federal regulations make it unclear how Treasury could decide which bills to pay, and which to delay. Owners of the debt would get concerned that they may not get paid.

If Treasury did actually default on its interest payments, three things would happen. First, the federal government could no longer pay any its employees' salaries or benefits. All those receiving Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid payments would go without. Federal buildings, and services, would close. Second, the yields of Treasury notes sold on the secondary market would rise. This would create higher interest rates, increasing the cost of doing business and buying a home. This would slow economic growth. Third, foreigners would dump their holdings. This would cause the dollar to plummet, probably removing its status as the world's reserve currency. The standard of living in America would decline. This would make it highly unlikely that the U.S. could ever repay its debt. For all these reasons, Congress shouldn't monkey around with raising the debt ceiling. If members are concerned with government spending, they should get serious about adopting a more conservative fiscal policy long before the debt ceiling needs to be raised. (Article updated August 16, 2011)

Where in there did he say we weren't going to pay the debt? He was saying that the DEBT LIMIT shouldn't be raised unless we cut spending.

Whooopeee!!!!!

You do realize that a debt limit is a spending limit, not a revenue limit, correct? It says that you can incur no new debt beyond this limit. It does not say you can't pay your already incurred debt with the continuing revenue you receive. It's shocking how many people don't understand simple budgeting. A debt limit in no way means we would default on our debts. It means we can't make more debt than we already have.

How is that fiscally responsible? The debts are owed. It is not fiscally responsible to refuse to honor the debts.

And since the debt ceiling was raised o so very many times on Bush's watch - why was he not refused.

And what happens if it's not lifted? .... We don't honor our debts. Exactly.
False. Nothing about not being able to borrow more money in any way necessarily leads to default.

Under Reagan the debt ceiling was raised to:

1. $985 billion in February 1981;
  2. $999.8 billion in September 1981;
  3. $1.0798 trillion September 1981;
  4. $1.1431 trillion in June 1982;
  5. $1.2902 trillion in September 1982;
  6. $1.389 trillion in May 1993;
  7. $1.49 trillion in November 1983;
  8. $1.52 trillion in May 1984;
  9. $1.573 trillion in July 1984;
  10. $1.8238 trillion in October 1984;
  11. $1.9038 trillion in November 1985;
  12. $2.0787 trillion in December 1985;
  13. $2.111 trillion in August 1986;
  14. $2.3 trillion in October 1986;
  15. $2.32 trillion in July 1987;
  16. $2.352 trillion in August 1987;
  17. and $2.8 trillion in September 1987.

Debt Ceiling - Under Modern U.S. Presidents
*bump* for the uncomfortable evidence. :)

Or is it now time for the wingnuts to quote The Dick Cheney: "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter"

???

Whooopeee!!!!!

You do realize that a debt limit is a spending limit, not a revenue limit, correct? It says that you can incur no new debt beyond this limit. It does not say you can't pay your already incurred debt with the continuing revenue you receive. It's shocking how many people don't understand simple budgeting. A debt limit in no way means we would default on our debts. It means we can't make more debt than we already have.

Wrong, dope.

A debt limit is . . . wait for it . . . a debt limit!

Wrong, dope.

It is well established that you are a fucking moron, so I don't really expect you to understand. I'll just refer you back to my post to reread it until it soaks in.

Whooopeee!!!!!

Could you put this up in crayon for them?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Watching Liberals argue financing is like watching retards box.

So in conclusion here's the deal.. If we have to RAISE the DEBT ceiling every year it clearly means we incur debt that we cannot ever hope to pay for. Now why don't some of you dumbocrats tells us why this is good for the country? We're all ears..

:eusa_whistle:Ya load sixteen tons and what do ya get?
another day older and deeper in debt:eusa_whistle:

smart damn thinking huh?

So in conclusion here's the deal.. If we have to RAISE the DEBT ceiling every year it clearly means we incur debt that we cannot ever hope to pay for. Now why don't some of you dumbocrats tells us why this is good for the country? We're all ears..

But, but, but......it's for the childrennnnnnnnn!

Synthaholic has never been the sharpest crayon in the box.

Wrong, dope.

It is well established that you are a fucking moron, so I don't really expect you to understand. I'll just refer you back to my post to reread it until it soaks in.
You are wrong, dope.

If the interest on the debt you owe keeps adding to the debt you owe, you need to raise the limit, so you can pay the debt you owe.

Even a wingnut retard like you should be able to understand that!

Synthaholic has never been the sharpest crayon in the box.
Yet I understand the debt ceiling, and you don't.

Absolutely false.
Another one!
Whooopeee!!!!!
You apparently do not realize that failing to raise the debt limit only means we cannot borrow more money, and that not being able to borrow more money in no way means we cannot pay our debts.

Don't worry - you are among many who share this particular ignorance.

Apparently, Standard & Poors didn't realize that, either. Things that make ya go "hmm."

Forum List

Back