Holy Mary, Mother of God - Boehner loses his ever-loving mind

That's exactly why they made that deal, so that they would not have to have the same politically disastrous budget fight again this year, have they forgotten?

They, who???
(R)s have passed budgets.

Waiting on Harry, here, pal.

:eusa_hand:

The last two years anything that resembles a republican budget has been 0% budget and 100% political weapon.

And (D) budgets have been 100% non-existent.

:eusa_shhh:

The Daily Edge ‏ @TheDailyEdge
Boehner: "Any New Debt Limit Increase Must Include At Least Some Human Sacrifices to Entertain America's Billionaires"

Protecting the incredible waste in the pentagon and insisting cuts fall exclusively on social programs is hardly fiscally responsible, it's clear republican class warfare. The Pentagon is the government too but a republican would sooner cut their own throat than prevent even one $1000 toilet seat from being purchased.

Yes. It's class warfare, in a society with no classes, to cut spending from the largest programs with the highest amounts of waste, that we can't afford.

Meanwhile, wanting to defend ourselves from enemies, you know, the one thing the Federal Government is actually supposed to do, is just a waste of money.

I should be grateful. I know he's throwing the election. But it's like watching a train wreck.

Taxmageddon sparks rising anxiety - The Washington Post

In the meantime, political leaders are focused less on finding solutions than on drawing lines in the sand. In a speech Tuesday, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) plans to address the issue of national debt, which will once again be nearing its legal limit in January, just as the tax hikes and spending cuts are due to hit.

According to advance remarks provided to The Post, Boehner will insist that any increase in the debt limit be accompanied by spending “cuts and reforms greater than the debt limit increase” — the same demand that pushed the Treasury to the brink of default during last summer’s debt-limit standoff.

“This is the only avenue I see right now to force the elected leadership of this country to solve our structural fiscal imbalance,” Boehner plans to say at the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal summit. “If that means we have to do a series of stop-gap measures, so be it.”

Last week, the House approved a plan to protect the Pentagon in January by reconfiguring $110 billion in across-the-board spending cuts — known as “sequestration” — so they would fall exclusively on domestic programs, such as food stamps and health care for the poor.

This is interesting to observe. Obama has made some tactical errors lately. Romney has made gains. Positive trend for the GOP there.
But according to FOX, Moderate Republicans did NOT view this favorably, the last time Republicans did this. Tea Partiers were about the only ones who loved it. Independents, Moderates and of course Democrats, all thought it was extreme and ridiculous.
I'm sure this will help the GOP with the same group again: Extreme Republicans and Tea Partiers but I would bet that Romney ends up dropping from his current slight lead / tie if the GOP continues this to the brink again - especially if Moody's gives us another hit due to "political brinkmanship", athough that seems highly unlikely.

Protecting the incredible waste in the pentagon and insisting cuts fall exclusively on social programs is hardly fiscally responsible, it's clear republican class warfare. The Pentagon is the government too but a republican would sooner cut their own throat than prevent even one $1000 toilet seat from being purchased.

Yes. It's class warfare, in a society with no classes, to cut spending from the largest programs with the highest amounts of waste, that we can't afford.

Meanwhile, wanting to defend ourselves from enemies, you know, the one thing the Federal Government is actually supposed to do, is just a waste of money

Come on Avatar...There isnt another country that comes HALF way to having what we have in defense. You might have an arguement during the Cold War but now, we are playing king of the hill by ourselves. Our Military dwarfs others but we NEVER EVER EVER reduce the money they get. If you want to talk about the most waste...Check the pentagon. I dont understand you guys...There is waste in the pentagon and waste in every other govt program.

But you guys see helping fellow Americans as bad waste....Pentagon is good waste. :confused:

Meanwhile, wanting to defend ourselves from enemies, you know, the one thing the Federal Government is actually supposed to do, is just a waste of money

Come on Avatar...There isnt another country that comes HALF way to having what we have in defense. You might have an arguement during the Cold War but now, we are playing king of the hill by ourselves. Our Military dwarfs others but we NEVER EVER EVER reduce the money they get. If you want to talk about the most waste...Check the pentagon. I dont understand you guys...There is waste in the pentagon and waste in every other govt program.

But you guys see helping fellow Americans as bad waste....Pentagon is good waste. :confused:

There's not another country that comes HALF way to having the GDP we have; spending for defense is what protects those interests globally. Lines on a map are only as valid as the ability and willingness of those behind them to defend them. We also are the world's policeman, like it or not, and the world economy is wildly better off for our being there. And frankly, I'd rather support an engineer's job at Lockheed-Martin or Raytheon than continue to increase spending for people whose greatest gift to society is increasing the ratings for daytime TV.

And when we get downgraded again? Y'all going to blame Obama, like last time?

Rhetorical, of course.

Here is a rhetorical question in response to your rhetorical question. If Obama manages to get reelected with his bad record, who will he blame everything on after being President for 4 years?

Look, you do realize that Obama's record is the result of trying to fix what took Bush 8 years to break. We were heading to the worse depression ever and thanks to Obama we are in a recession and recovering. Obama has performed a miracle with the check bood he go from Bush. I do not know where to began to tell you what Obama has done to get the fucking wreck our of the ditch. But maybe this can give you some idea if you can handle it because it is not failure as expected and hoped for. I am just going to name a few but you can google and get the full picture.
The stimulus created and saved almost 4 million job. If it didn't, what the fuck did states do with the billions they got?
OBL is dead and General Motors is alive.
Many are helped by Affordable Health Care Act. (obamacare)
He has stopped more illegals from crossing. Deported more than ever.
He ended the war in Iraq,. saving thousands of lives.
We have had three years of continuous job creation. Unemployment is down.
He has mended relations with countries Bush has trashed.

President Obama’s accomplishments | | The Political CarnivalThe Political Carnival

Obama's Achievements Center

No, Obama's record is based on his failure to fix diddly shit after 4 years in office. Where I come from, if you don't perform, you don't have a job. I didn't bother to read any more of your drivel after your first sentence absolving your messiah of any blame for his own lacking. Dismissed.

There's not another country that comes HALF way to having the GDP we have; spending for defense is what protects those interests globally. Lines on a map are only as valid as the ability and willingness of those behind them to defend them. We also are the world's policeman, like it or not, and the world economy is wildly better off for our being there. And frankly, I'd rather support an engineer's job at Lockheed-Martin or Raytheon than continue to increase spending for people whose greatest gift to society is increasing the ratings for daytime TV.

The well being of the nation means diddly gotcha

I should be grateful. I know he's throwing the election. But it's like watching a train wreck.

In the meantime, political leaders are focused less on finding solutions than on drawing lines in the sand. In a speech Tuesday, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) plans to address the issue of national debt, which will once again be nearing its legal limit in January, just as the tax hikes and spending cuts are due to hit.

According to advance remarks provided to The Post, Boehner will insist that any increase in the debt limit be accompanied by spending “cuts and reforms greater than the debt limit increase” — the same demand that pushed the Treasury to the brink of default during last summer’s debt-limit standoff.

“This is the only avenue I see right now to force the elected leadership of this country to solve our structural fiscal imbalance,” Boehner plans to say at the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal summit. “If that means we have to do a series of stop-gap measures, so be it.”

Last week, the House approved a plan to protect the Pentagon in January by reconfiguring $110 billion in across-the-board spending cuts — known as “sequestration” — so they would fall exclusively on domestic programs, such as food stamps and health care for the poor.

This is interesting to observe. Obama has made some tactical errors lately. Romney has made gains. Positive trend for the GOP there.
But according to FOX, Moderate Republicans did NOT view this favorably, the last time Republicans did this. Tea Partiers were about the only ones who loved it. Independents, Moderates and of course Democrats, all thought it was extreme and ridiculous.
I'm sure this will help the GOP with the same group again: Extreme Republicans and Tea Partiers but I would bet that Romney ends up dropping from his current slight lead / tie if the GOP continues this to the brink again - especially if Moody's gives us another hit due to "political brinkmanship", athough that seems highly unlikely.

I do foresee it unrolling differently. Remember last time? Obama offered them everything but his firstborn male child. They got, in Boehner's own words, 98% of what they wanted. I don't see Obama going down the same path.

By the way - if they do the hostage scenario again, will this change your sig file perceptions?

The Daily Edge ‏ @TheDailyEdge
John Boehner's New Line in the Sand: "No Debt Ceiling Increase Unless We Cut Support for Disabled Kids to Protect Big Oil and Billionaires"

:clap2:
Scare Tactics!!
:lol:

It's simple, really.....Let's not borrow more money until we pay off some of what we owe.

Dude? That's like replying to the Onion as though it were a serious piece. This is the Daily Edge.

Bullshit.

How is that fiscally responsible? The debts are owed. It is not fiscally responsible to refuse to honor the debts.

And since the debt ceiling was raised o so very many times on Bush's watch - why was he not refused.

Where in there did he say we weren't going to pay the debt? He was saying that the DEBT LIMIT shouldn't be raised unless we cut spending.
Another fucking idiot who doesn't know what the debt limit is.

Whooopeee!!!!!

Forum List

Back