Holy Friggin' Cow!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord ... I had no idea this OP would stir up such heated controversy. Jesus! Now I forget who I'm even responding to or why. All I can tell you is that my 1099 was issued in my personal name, using my personal SSN, showing the agency as the entity issuing the 1099. All my life I was a W-2 employee and I could read my pay stub: $x gross, $x to state income, $x to federal, $x to Medicare, $x to FICA, $x insurance, $x OT pay, $x reg. pay, $x net. Now all I know is that I made $x gross. If the business hired us wrong, that's on them. I've paid what I owe.
It isn't a heated controversy except to you. You came in with a beef and didn't like the answers so you got very defensive.

I'm not defensive ... I don't think. I just didn't think the thread would garner so much interest. Most of my threads don't!

I bear no one who posted their opinions any ill will.

$22K ad more than $4K owed? That's just astounding. You really need a good tax accountant now and the one you are using should have told you this a year ago.

Ideally, you should neither owe or be owed and with planning, that's not hard to accomplish.

And I agree with the above - take every deduction you can put your hands on and, needless to say, keep every receipt.
That's actually about spot on with 22k profit as self employed.

$22K ad more than $4K owed? That's just astounding. You really need a good tax accountant now and the one you are using should have told you this a year ago.

Ideally, you should neither owe or be owed and with planning, that's not hard to accomplish.

And I agree with the above - take every deduction you can put your hands on and, needless to say, keep every receipt.
How is that profit at $9/hr. when you have to pay all the expenses?

I didn't see anything about $9 an hour but if that's true then she wouldn't have even made it to 22k gross, let alone net at that wage with 40 hours. I was just saying that at 22k net, your tax bill is around 4k.

I didn't see anything about $9 an hour but if that's true then she wouldn't have even made it to 22k gross, let alone net at that wage with 40 hours. I was just saying that at 22k net, your tax bill is around 4k.
Yep, $4,200 for just FICA alone at $9/hr.

AHHHAAAAAA a liberal bitching about taxes...AAAAAHAAAA

Yep, $4,200 for just FICA alone at $9/hr.
It's disgusting. I only showed 28k for 2014 with my business and I owed them $6200 in taxes. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that if I actually agreed with most of what my taxes were going to, but I don't.

Forum List

Back