Holy Crap. The gop speaker of the Miss House said the stars and bars needs to go

A flag is you peoples fucking point to be made. How pathetic you all are in cheering for this. You tell us all the time burning the flag of the US is your right but want other flags banned. You're all pathetic and so small minded you should and deserve the government running your lives. You really can't handle life on your own.
Burn the US flag if you want. I will burn the con flag.

A flag is you peoples fucking point to be made. How pathetic you all are in cheering for this. You tell us all the time burning the flag of the US is your right but want other flags banned. You're all pathetic and so small minded you should and deserve the government running your lives. You really can't handle life on your own.
I'm sure you would because your kind of a pussy like that. You would never burn a rainbow flag or an ISIS flag though and spout off about it in public would you. And it really is the Dem flag if you spend just a few moments reviewing history and who was and still are behind it.

I'm sure you would because your kind of a pussy like that. You would never burn a rainbow flag or an ISIS flag though and spout off about it in public would you. And it really is the Dem flag if you spend just a few moments reviewing history and who was and still are behind it.
What makes you think it's a "Dem" flag?

Holy crap!!! Oh dear!!!! Let's get hysterical LMAO
You already are hysterical. Stuphie is right behind you.
LGS is a tool, but the original link has information on how the stars and bars in the state flag was a large political issue a decade or so back, when there was a move to change the flag. As I recall, the chancellor of Ole Miss was in favor, as was the last democrat governor (prolly forever). The GOP used it as a wedge issue. And there was a state referendum, and you can prolly guess how that came out.

Again, I have no issue with the stars and bars itself, and people can fly whatever. But, to me it's uncivil to have a symbol that's offensive to 30%plus of the population. And that's Gunn's view as well, apparently.

This whole refocusing on the Confederate flag is just the NRA's way of making us think about something else besides gun control after yet another mass murder. Quite brilliant really, because we can see it's working.

Who said banned. It needs to be removed to a museum, the same place where you can see the swastika.

Why is coherent thought so difficult for southerners?

"We shall overcomb", very funny. I'm pretty new here and I notice there are some clever people around. Good!

Holy crap!!! Oh dear!!!! Let's get hysterical LMAO
You already are hysterical. Stuphie is right behind you.
LGS is a tool, but the original link has information on how the stars and bars in the state flag was a large political issue a decade or so back, when there was a move to change the flag. As I recall, the chancellor of Ole Miss was in favor, as was the last democrat governor (prolly forever). The GOP used it as a wedge issue. And there was a state referendum, and you can prolly guess how that came out.

Again, I have no issue with the stars and bars itself, and people can fly whatever. But, to me it's uncivil to have a symbol that's offensive to 30%plus of the population. And that's Gunn's view as well, apparently.

This whole refocusing on the Confederate flag is just the NRA's way of making us think about something else besides gun control after yet another mass murder. Quite brilliant really, because we can see it's working.
Really? The NRA focused everyone in on a flag. Amazing.

What makes you think it's a "Dem" flag?
The democrat party created it. Along with the KKK, And they held pretty true to what it meant until a week ago. They didn't even pretend Robert Byrd was some outsider of the party. Hell the first black president of the US flew down on Airforce One in order to make a speech praising the accomplishments of Byrd. How powerful must a KKK member be to actually accomplish that feat in death? You're the most racist people in history. How hard is that to recognize and justify?

Another who pretends the reason he votes Republican is because the Southern Strategy never happened and the KKK is not now Republican.

Another who pretends the reason he votes Republican is because the Southern Strategy never happened and the KKK is not now Republican.

Sorry, dems are the party of segregation and slavery and still divide through race, ethnicities, groups....to this day. You would love to whitewash it out of the history books but you can't.

sheep. so what it makes THEM a Fascist. But don't anyone dare speak of BANNING ABORTIONS

Ha, watch the white camo-wearing inbred racist rednecks freak. More fun entertainment. :)

There is absolutely NO political upside for him to do this, and the "tea party" Governor quickly shot him down, but I gotta admire Gunn's courage. We can fly our flags, but frankly it's just uncivil to have something in the state flag that 30% plus find offensive. jmo.

Gunn Confederate part of MS flag needs to be removed

Wow, you guys are sooo concerned about people being offended when it comes to people who are offended by Confederate symbols, but you don't care at all when Christian vendors are offended by having to service gay wedding ceremonies, which they find morally and spiritually offensive. In fact, your side has called for fining and even jailing Christian vendors who decline to service or host gay weddings.

There is no Confederacy. It was eliminated 150 years ago. It was never part of America. So to still be flying its flag, is both ludicrous and yes, racist.

African Americans see that flag as Jews see the Nazi Flag. It represents unspeakable horrors inflicted on them by the South. So take the damn thing down. It doesn't belong on Government grounds. Period, end of story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back