HOLY BIBLE Batman

However, the chances that he'll die for it if he knows for a fact it isn't true is much, much slighter. And the disciples died for it.

However, the chances that he'll die for it if he knows for a fact it isn't true is much, much slighter. And the disciples died for it.

agian, you are wrong. MANY people for MANY reasons martyr themselves for ideals other than christianity.

true fact.

That doesn't mean they knew. It just means that they believed. Just like those guys flying to heaven on the tail of a comet.

Sure they do. But they rarely sacrifice themselves knowingly for a fraud. Which is what you imply the disciples and Christ did.

That doesn't mean they knew. It just means that they believed. Just like those guys flying to heaven on the tail of a comet.

Why would they believe if they were, as you and others have stated, simply perpetrating a huge fraud?

Baba nobody is claiming they knew it was a lie and still stood for it. Obviously they believed and thats fine. We are just saying that it is not neccessarily true simply because there have been martyrs. Savvy? If I died for a belief in Santa Claus tomorrow it wouldn't make Santa real but it would certainly make my belief in him seem strong.

But no, I don't think it's true because there are martyrs. What I'm saying is the people who were closest to Jesus, including Jesus himself and many thousands of people who were exposed to him, believed it, and were willing to die for that belief.

Well yes it is clear Jesus believed he was the son of God himself. Just as clearly many people still believe that today. But do YOU believe he is/was the messiah?

Lol...you mean it isn't obvious?
Yes, I do. I believe Jesus was the son of God, that he is God and that he was with God at the beginning, is with God now and will come again to Earth.

Well that's perfectly fine thats what you believe and I won't hound you for that. But on another note; it was always my understanding that Jesus was sent to be the king of the Jews, and serve as THEIR saviour. And the Jewish tradition at the time would have believed that if Jesus was their true messiah, when he was nailed to the cross and killed, that would be the beginning of the end of the world and that all of "Gods People" aka the Jews would go to heaven leaving all others behind. Also in older texts, the name Barrabas was also found having the name or "title" Jesus infront of it, ex. Jesus Barrabas, Jesus Christ. Barrabas meaning "Son of God" and Christ meaning "King of the Jews". I always thought that interesting. But again I am not trying to sway your thoughts on religion, if your beliefs make you happy then that is wonderful but at the same time i don't think you should cast out those who question the bible, as I think you should do a little more.

Last edited:
Well that's perfectly fine thats what you believe and I won't hound you for that. But on another note; it was always my understanding that Jesus was sent to be the king of the Jews, and serve as THEIR saviour. And the Jewish tradition at the time would have believed that if Jesus was their true messiah, when he was nailed to the cross and killed, that would be the beginning of the end of the world and that all of "Gods People" aka the Jews would go to heaven leaving all others behind. Also in older texts, the name Barrabas was also found having the name or "title" Jesus infront of it, ex. Jesus Barrabas, Jesus Christ. Barrabas meaning "Son of God" and Christ meaning "King of the Jews". I always thought that interesting. But again I am not trying to sway your thoughts on religion, if your beliefs make you happy then that is wonderful but at the same time i don't think you should cast out those who question the bible, as I think you should do a little more.

Christ, is in greek, for messiah.

barabas was a thief, a murderer, and insurectionist....his name does not mean son of God? at least i have never heard such, and just tried to google it, and found nothing....?

care

But no, I don't think it's true because there are martyrs. What I'm saying is the people who were closest to Jesus, including Jesus himself and many thousands of people who were exposed to him, believed it, and were willing to die for that belief.

you dont think that the whole of Egypt thought that the pharoahs were gods too? Even die for that belief? does this make pharoahs gods?

Once again, I never said the fact that they died was proof that Jesus was God. I said it was proof they believed, hence the whole concept of Jesus and the disciples putting on a fraud was unlikely.

and im asking you if you think EGYPT BELIEVED that their pharoahs were gods.

"unlikely" is your opinion.

In the Christian narrative of the Passion of Jesus, Barabbas, according to some texts Jesus bar-Abbas,[citation needed] (Aramaic: בר-אבא, Bar-abbâ, "son of the father"), was the insurrectionary whom Pontius Pilate freed at the Passover feast in Jerusalem.

and im asking you if you think EGYPT BELIEVED that their pharoahs were gods.

"unlikely" is your opinion.

Actually, I don't think they believed it. If they did, I don't imagine they would have systematically looted the tombs down through the ages.

In the Christian narrative of the Passion of Jesus, Barabbas, according to some texts Jesus bar-Abbas,[citation needed] (Aramaic: בר-אבא, Bar-abbâ, "son of the father"), was the insurrectionary whom Pontius Pilate freed at the Passover feast in Jerusalem.

In the Old Testament, the designation "sons of God" (bene Elohim), it refers to those above humans but below God....Angels.....

Jesus was the ''begotten'' son of God....otherwise when the term sons of God, bene elohim, is used.... it refers to Angels, has been my understanding...?

care

Forum List

Back