Hollywood NOt HOt For Hillary??

manu1959 said:
no.....what is anoying is that people listen to entertainer's opinions as if they were the opinions of educated politicians, statesmen and philosophers when the fact is they are nothing more than a waiter with a pretty face

Is that an opinion or a fact?

Honestly, its less that they get reported and more the fact that they are complete idiots and the media treats them like they know something special because they are famous.

How do you know they are complete idiots? Which ones? In what way are they complete idiots? What are the IQs, interests and education of these entertainers you disdain? ;)

Dr Grump said:
rtwngAvngr

most of them are idiots. Ever heard brad pitt speak? Despite his abs, he's mentally sub par, or goes on interviews high.

Wouldn't know. Don't know any celebs personally. :wine:

BATMAN

If some were experts, something tells me they'd be doing something other than acting - or have "P.H.D." at the end of their name.

hmmmm...not necessarily. I think Natalie Portman and Jody Foster are Harvard grads. ;)
I don't know about Natalie, but Jody went to Taliban U aka Yale.

fuzzykitten99 said:
because they get paid to pretend to be something they're not on a regular basis...most celebs don't have any real life experience working in the real world, living paycheck to paycheck, raising their own kids as opposed to hiring a nanny, etc. How can they expect the average person to listen to them when they have no first hand experience?

This sounds just like the life of George W. Bush.

Dr Grump said:
Holy Shit! When you say it like that, I must really kiss his feet!

It's a bit retarded to infer that a former state governor has no real life experience, though - don't you think?

Dr Grump said:
Just as it is to say the same about a celeb...

I don't know how you arrive at that. If the coin of the realm is commentary on complex political issues, I think that "celebrities are quick to offer loud, public, and unbidden analysis - typically backed by little in the way of practical experience - beyond what they've learned on the casting couches and in the little bubble of Hollywood liberalism in which they exist" is a generally fair statement.

musicman said:
Only in the "Hi - I'm Dr. Grump and I refuse to see that 900-lb. gorilla in the room" sense.

I thought it was in the "I Musicman believe that any actor who has any political opinion that is not in step with the current admin, is stupid and dumb even though I have no idea what type of education they have or how informed they are politically" sense...

Forum List

Back