Hmmm...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
...Does it strike anybody as odd that the 9/11 Commission reccomends that urgent attention be paid to the flaws in our national security and intelligence gathering abilities.Also they suggest another attack will likely happen sooner than later. But rather than take action on these matters, Congress is going on a 6 week vacation and Dubbyuh and his merry band have basically blow them off.

Yes, boys and girls, we can all sleep safer tonight knowing that our government is taking decisive action to keep us safe from all those little brown people who hate freedom loving people everywhere. :)

Bullypulpit said:
...Does it strike anybody as odd that the 9/11 Commission reccomends that urgent attention be paid to the flaws in our national security and intelligence gathering abilities.Also they suggest another attack will likely happen sooner than later. But rather than take action on these matters, Congress is going on a 6 week vacation and Dubbyuh and his merry band have basically blow them off.

Yes, boys and girls, we can all sleep safer tonight knowing that our government is taking decisive action to keep us safe from all those little brown people who hate freedom loving people everywhere. :)

First, Congress is always on vacation for august. Its rather good for the American people. We are free from stupid people making stupid laws for a few weeks.

Second, Bush cant do squat at the moment. This is Congress's baby. He can propose alot of the changes but until Congress gets back President Bush's hands are ties because unlike your stupid leftist assertions, he isnt a dictator. If he was he would change things pretty quickly i think.

Third, there is still going to be a debate over whether the 911 commissions suggestions are the right way to go.

Fourth, its rather funny that you are agreeing with all the conservative talk shows on why its silly to delay this.

Fifth, I dont think its going to matter much anyway. Its going to take time for these changes to take affect. it isnt going to change the ability of any terrorists to hit or not hit us before the elections. This doesnt mean it should be put off, but i think you are overestimating the power the federal government has to change quickly. The government was set up to change very slowly so the people could check any dictators attempts to overthrow our freedom.

Not to mention that Bush has already been working for the past 2 1/2 years to increase the abilities of our intellegence agencies... without the recommendations of the 9/11 commission.

Bullypulpit said:

Perhaps you can provide proof that he's blowing them off? I am unaware that that's the truth. Seems to me that Bush was one of the FEW people willing to do something about terrorism...and an awful lot of people jumped on him for doing so. Right or wrong that he may be, Bush DID SOMETHING and he's still doing it.

Moi said:
Perhaps you can provide proof that he's blowing them off? I am unaware that that's the truth. Seems to me that Bush was one of the FEW people willing to do something about terrorism...and an awful lot of people jumped on him for doing so. Right or wrong that he may be, Bush DID SOMETHING and he's still doing it.

And he's STILL wrong...

President Bush on Friday directed his chief of staff, Andrew Card, to undertake a Cabinet-level review of the commission's proposals, said White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan.

In other words...Ignore it.

And...

Earlier in the day, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of California urged Hastert in a letter to reconvene the House in August, and Hastert responded that he would seek hearings ''over the next several months.'' He later announced the August hearings.

"...over the next several months..." not with the deliberate speed required to begin putting these changes in place...changes that should have been made in the months, not years, after 9/11. All indicative that the Republicans and their poster child, Dubbyuh, are more worried about politics than national security.

Quote source:

<center><a href=http://www.suntimes.com/output/terror/cst-nws-probe24.html>9/11 panel: 'Time is not on our side'</a></center>

Just because a certain commission recommends a variety of changes does not mean anything. It does not mean that those changes are the right thing to do nor does it mean that those changes should be implemented nor does it mean they will be effective even if they are implemented.

I find it ironic that these congressional commissions use the same sources (for the most part) that they are so quick to criticize. To me, they are the equivalent of "rubberneckers" after a train wreck.

"Geez, if only the guy hadn't tried to run the barrier, his car wouldn't have been flattened! I highly recommend that the train be made to slow down and all schedules be posted on each telephone pole throughout the town. Then people would know when they can bypass the barrier."

Remember that most of these congressmen (and women) were in their particular seat before 9/11 and failed to make this huge outcry over terrorism then. They are no less to blame than anyone else. Nor are they anymore to blame. In my opinion, the blame lies with those who committed the acts and those who aided and abetted the perpetrators.

Bullypulpit said:
And he's STILL wrong...

In other words...Ignore it.

And...

"...over the next several months..." not with the deliberate speed required to begin putting these changes in place...changes that should have been made in the months, not years, after 9/11. All indicative that the Republicans and their poster child, Dubbyuh, are more worried about politics than national security.

Quote source:

<center><a href=http://www.suntimes.com/output/terror/cst-nws-probe24.html>9/11 panel: 'Time is not on our side'</a></center>
Ah, the sweet smell of victory. No source, no win.

Good bye!

Bully.... you lie. That is a fact.

Bush has already said that he might invoke Executive Powers to ensure that some of the things needed to be done are implemented.

Sad that you must use lies to try and back up your positions.

Forum List

Back