Hizbollah Getting Vocal Re: US

But I have already pointed out why Hezbollah exists. They were founded in response of the Israeli aggression against Lebanon back in 1982. They were backed by the Iranians who saw them as a counterweigth to other (sunni) islamic groups.

Hezbollah's first and (most important) goal was to drive out the israel army from Lebanon which, as I'm sure you know, happend in 1999. These days they are also a political party that represents the shias in Lebanon. Just a few weeks ago they held big demonstrations in Beirut (that were almost completly ignored by the western media) in support of Syria's presence in Lebanon.

the swede said:
Hezbollah's first and (most important) goal was to drive out the israel army from Lebanon which, as I'm sure you know, happend in 1999. These days they are also a political party that represents the shias in Lebanon. Just a few weeks ago they held big demonstrations in Beirut (that were almost completly ignored by the western media) in support of Syria's presence in Lebanon.

if that is why they were created, to drive israel from lebanon and and if they have achived their stated pupose more than 5 years ago then why do the continue to exist? why do the continue to kill?

continue to kill? I might be wrong here but who's killing most people Israel or Hezbollah? As you know Israel has killed far more people than Hezbollah.Has hezbollah ever killed 500 people like Israel in did in Jenin? Don't think so.

the swede said:
continue to kill? I might be wrong here but who's killing most people Israel or Hezbollah? As you know Israel has killed far more people than Hezbollah.Has hezbollah ever killed 500 people like Israel in did in Jenin? Don't think so.

i am aware of israel's history....you stated that hezbollah was created to drive israel from lebanon and that this goal was accomplisehed in 1999....

i then asked why hezbolah continues to exist if their stated goal has been accomplished....and then posed a question....if they have completed their stated objective why do the continue to kill....

are you saying they continue to kill because israel continues to kill...if so that would make thier sole purpose to kill isralies...no?

the swede said:
I don't think you should use violence against Hezbollah, that would only make them more popular among the shias in Lebanon. The right wat to deal with any kind of terrorism is negotiating. Take the conflict on Northern Ireland for example, it wasn't untill the british started to use diplomacy that they made any progress. Belfast today isn't Utopia but it's a better place today than 10 years ago.

Sorry, but this is utter idiocy. The way to deal with terrorists is to kill them, every chance you get. When's the last time you heard of the Taliban attacking anyone? Not since we wiped them out in 2001. When's the last time al-Qaeda attacked the US? 9-11, right before we started a war against them.

When people realize that there are serious consequences that follow their becoming a terrorists, they will stop using terrorist tactics. They can hate us all they want, for all I care, but they won't be a threat.

do you think that they all of a sudden would cease to exist?
as a political party they now have their own political agendas(representong the shias in Lebanon)....still find that hard to understand?

the swede said:
as a political party they now have their own political agendas(representong the shias in Lebanon)....still find that hard to understand?

If they want to exist politically, great. More power to them.

If they want to continue terrorist tactics in order to acheive their objectives, they should be killed.

Find that hard to understand?

Jeff (or whatever your name is, I don't really care) do you think that the killing of a 100 000 iraqis is an act of terrorism? if not, i would really like to know why....

the swede said:

look...you seem to know so i am asking you....if you don't want to teach me the history fine by me...

that said , so now they are a political party with a politcal agenda

tell me what is at the top of their agenda?

the swede said:
Jeff (or whatever your name is, I don't really care) do you think that the killing of a 100 000 iraqis is an act of terrorism? if not, i would really like to know why....

What does that have to do with Hezbollah?

And, if they are a peaceful political party now, then there should be no problem, right?

the swede said:

It is Jeff, quite astute of you.

And I'm also not surprised that you would bring up the Iraq war as terrorism. But let's look into it.

First, 100K is way high. This site, hardly a pro-US site, debunks the 100K number, and gives it own estimate of 20K max.

But I digress. Is war terrorism? Frankly, no. War against an enemy force is not terrorism; it is the means by which a state enforces its policies. The coalition army has not targeted civilians; terrorists primarily target civilians.

So no, the civilian deaths in Iraq are not terrorism. But your willingness to equate them as such gives me great insight into your point of view.

the swede said:

yes killing 100,000 iraqis is an act of terrorism and sadam has been removed from power for doing that.....

but i bet that is not the 100,000 you are talking about

Said1 said:
What does that have to do with Hezbollah?

And, if they are a peaceful political party now, then there should be no problem, right?

these are the guys that wear masks carry ak47's and jog in place wearing suicide flak jackets those guys right

manu1959:
actually saddam and his regime killed almost 200 000 people (at least according to human rights watch).
Jeff: Can you menetion any islamic organization that has killed a 100 000 or 20 000 ( if it makes you feel better) people? Hezbollah, lslamic Jihad, Al-qaida? No in comparison to our crimes they are amateurs.

the swede said:
manu1959:
actually saddam and his regime killed almost 200 000 people (at least according to human rights watch).
Jeff: Can you menetion any islamic organization that has killed a 100 000 or 20 000 ( if it makes you feel better) people? Hezbollah, lslamic Jihad, Al-qaida? No in comparison to our crimes they are amateurs.

first off you asked and answered your own question.

second, when you say "No in comparison to our crimes they are amateurs."

who is the "our" you refer to?

the swede said:
manu1959:

why do keep justifying bad behavior by saying it is not as bad as so and so's behaviour? does that mean i can kick the shit out of you and since a didn't cut your head off and videotape it it is ok for me to do so beacuase it is not as bad as what so and so did?

the swede said:
manu1959:
actually saddam and his regime killed almost 200 000 people (at least according to human rights watch).QUOTE]

ok.....and for that he should be nominated to the head of the UN human rights commision?

Forum List

Back