Report: Iraq intelligence 'dead wrong'

Did it take hundreds of thousands of dollars for the commission to come up with that? Wow...

What 'esle' did the report say? What were/are we doing CORRECTLY?

Always painting a bad picture...yeah..

j07950 said:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. intelligence community was "simply wrong" in its assessments of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction capabilities before the U.S. invasion, a presidential commission said Thursday

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/03/31/intel.report/index.html

Just wanted your thoughts on this as it's coming directly from your own government...

what about the other countries inteligence aganecies, germany, france england etc... that said they had wmds? what about the us inteligence agencies under clinton that said the had them? why no mention of them? hey didn't clinton appoint the idiot that ran the inteligence agency that said they had wmds? :poke:

Sir Evil said:
What else can be said since none of the weapons have been found? So is this were you wanna say "told you so"? Won't matter as there was many other reasons that mad it justified!

what is funny is he is from england and the might english MI6 or whatever published reports that they had wmds as well

manu1959 said:
what is funny is he is from england and the might english MI6 or whatever published reports that they had wmds as well

Note how none of those countries have investigated their intelligence and published a public report saying, "hey, we were wrong". They never admit it when they are wrong. Our county's policies are so out in the open we set ourselves up for ridicule. But what they hey, I sleep better knowing that we are continually self-evaluating ourselves. There is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism!

freeandfun1 said:
Note how none of those countries have investigated their intelligence and published a public report saying, "hey, we were wrong". They never admit it when they are wrong. Our county's policies are so out in the open we set ourselves up for ridicule. But what they hey, I sleep better knowing that we are continually self-evaluating ourselves. There is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism!

blair admitted to parliment that their inteligence was wrong and a report was written.....

the french on the other hand still think they recaptured paris from the germans

I think it's been said that everyone knew the intelligence was fundamentally flawed - I'm not sure what this report adds. Intelligence agencies are there to report whatever is politically expedient at the time - that's why they're not independent, and their leading figures are appointed by politicians.

Saying "shit happens" when tens of thousands of people are dead as a direct result of this "evidence" is just crass.

manu1959 said:
I'm not english...as for France did they publish reports that Irak had Weapons of mass destructions? I don't remember ever hearing about one...
But yeah, there were other reasons like you guys are saying for going to Irak...It's just a shame that the principle reason for the war is based on false evidence...but hey they needed a proper reason, to scare the public into allowing it to go through...

j07950 said:
I'm not english...as for France did they publish reports that Irak had Weapons of mass destructions? I don't remember ever hearing about one...
But yeah, there were other reasons like you guys are saying for going to Irak...It's just a shame that the principle reason for the war is based on false evidence...but hey they needed a proper reason, to scare the public into allowing it to go through...

the principal reason for war was the implimentation of serious consiquense based on 18 UN resolutions over the past 10 years .... the press said the reason was wmds

manu1959 said:
the principal reason for war was the implimentation of serious consiquense based on 18 UN resolutions over the past 10 years .... the press said the reason was wmds
Well I remember seeing Bush saying how Irak was a threat because of WMDS...using all sorts of graphics and satellite pictures to prove his point and how they needed to invade to prevent those WMDS from being used against the US and neighboring countries of Irak. I think if it was to be based on the UN resolutions they should have gone in much earlier...forget that...they should have gotten Saddam after the first Gulf war...why the hell wait all this time...

j07950 said:
Well I remember seeing Bush saying how Irak was a threat because of WMDS...using all sorts of graphics and satellite pictures to prove his point and how they needed to invade to prevent those WMDS from being used against the US and neighboring countries of Irak. I think if it was to be based on the UN resolutions they should have gone in much earlier...forget that...they should have gotten Saddam after the first Gulf war...why the hell wait all this time...

My "shit happens" remark was because, frankly, I figured you for a troll that was just coming in to stir shit. If I was wrong, my apologies and understand that I am not that crass.

I agree we should have gotten him after GWI. But the UN said we couldn't. Then, countries like France, Germany and Russia started figuring out that they could make money off selling to him illegally so they didn't want to do anything. It was the US and GB alone enforcing the containment of Saddam so of course it was easy for France, et. al. to want us to keep doing it without a war. It wasn't costing them anything and it was keeping the US pre-occupied while they were making money on Oil for Food.

j07950 said:

funny .... bush never held any such press confernce

well for 8 years clinton was busy getting blow jobs and the four before that and the four after that the UN was enacting sanctions based on the cease fire from gulf I which sadam agreed to dis-arm and not violate no fly zones then france china russia and germany scammed in the oil for food scam to re-arm iraq
....did you miss a meeting?

freeandfun1 said:
My "shit happens" remark was because, frankly, I figured you for a troll that was just coming in to stir shit. If I was wrong, my apologies and understand that I am not that crass.

I agree we should have gotten him after GWI. But the UN said we couldn't. Then, countries like France, Germany and Russia started figuring out that they could make money off selling to him illegally so they didn't want to do anything. It was the US and GB alone enforcing the containment of Saddam so of course it was easy for France, et. al. to want us to keep doing it without a war. It wasn't costing them anything and it was keeping the US pre-occupied while they were making money on Oil for Food.

how funny we both run off to type the same basic response

You guys keep talking about the oil for food program as a way to explain why countries like France, Germany etc... wouldn't get on the band wagon with you...the thing is that companies in those countries benefited from the oil for food program, not the governement, and if so please give me the proof. I still haven't seen an article proving that, the french or german governments took money from Saddam and all...companies did, but than again so did american companies.
Also...do you think the Pope got money out of it???? I mean afterall he was against the war...

j07950 said:
You guys keep talking about the oil for food program as a way to explain why countries like France, Germany etc... wouldn't get on the band wagon with you...the thing is that companies in those countries benefited from the oil for food program, not the governement, and if so please give me the proof. I still haven't seen an article proving that, the french or german governments took money from Saddam and all...companies did, but than again so did american companies.
Also...do you think the Pope got money out of it???? I mean afterall he was against the war...

It is obvious you guys are not getting the full details like we are over here. It wasn't just companies that made money. There were a lot of government officials and those connected to government officials that made money. And if you don't think corporations make donations to politicians, then I would like to sell you some beach front property here in Las Vegas.

freeandfun1 said:
It is obvious you guys are not getting the full details like we are over here. It wasn't just companies that made money. There were a lot of government officials and those connected to government officials that made money. And if you don't think corporations make donations to politicians, then I would like to sell you some beach front property here in Las Vegas.
Really??? Get me names though...I'm really interested in this, especially if we don't get the same news...
Also, corporations do make donations here in europe, I don't know about germany but in France there is a limit...whereas in the US there isn't as far as I know...so companies that were involed in the oil for food program in the US (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002058484_vouchers09.html) also made donations to politicians...like say for example exxon: In 2000 Exxon gave 91 percent (US$1.37 million) of it political donations to the Republican Party ( http://www.greenpeace.org/international_en/features/details?item_id=608937)

New Topics

Forum List

Back