History not taught: the 1st 23 Black Congressmen were Republicans

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
its the Dems who are racist against blacks, my friends

EaEmenEXgAAXtsE

""Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South."

• Banned

EaEmenEXgAAXtsE
Back when Republicans were northern liberals and Democrats were conservative southerners.
Basque just called southerners racist.
they arent?

The KKK was set up and funded by democrats, to be the militant arm of the democrat party.

The KKK didn't only lynch blacks...they lynched REPUBLICANS (white or black).

Any black man of that day would never have even considered being a democrat nor would they be allowed to.

EaEmenEXgAAXtsE

this MISREPRESENTATION of the truth has been debunked a zillion times yet you keep saying it....

during and after the civil war the Republican party was anti-slavery and the Democrats were PRO-slavery

or.....

at that time;

Anti-slavery Liberals were Republicans

and PRO-SLAVERY SOUTHERN CONFEDERATE CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS were democrats.....

to say "republican" v "democrat" is practically lying!

let's drop the R and the D and just use the OTHER attributes;

PRO_SLAVERY SOUTHERN CONFEDERATE CHRISTIANS (D)

v

ANTI-SLAVERY LIBERAL ATHEISTS (R)

I'd like to know why you (all of you conservatives) ALWAYS misrepresent the truth on this issue?

and I"d ALSO like to know;

do you HATE Lincoln because he started the war of Northern Aggression?

or do you LOVE Lincoln because he ended slavery?

Last edited:

EaEmenEXgAAXtsE
Back when Republicans were northern liberals and Democrats were conservative southerners.
Basque just called southerners racist.
How could he not? After all, it was Southerners voting against the CRA, no matter what party they were.

EaEmenEXgAAXtsE
Republicans were amazing back then

What you don’t mention is that in the 150 years since Reconstruction, Republicans have only managed to elect eight blacks.

EaEmenEXgAAXtsE
Republicans were amazing back then

What you don’t mention is that in the 150 years since Reconstruction, Republicans have only managed to elect eight blacks.
that's black people's fault, not Republicans

Guess you never heard of the Southern Strategy that two RNC chairman admitted to?
The parties switch sides bullshit again and again. Its weird how the South didn't become majority Repubican until the 1980's almost 20 years after the Civil Rights movement and all of those racist politicians stayed with the Democratic Party.

Guess you never heard of the Southern Strategy that two RNC chairman admitted to?
The parties switch sides bullshit again and again. Its weird how the South didn't become majority Repubican until the 1980's almost 20 years after the Civil Rights movement and all of those racist politicians stayed with the Democratic Party.

forget party affiliation....

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS supported slavery and OPPOSED civil rights

LIBERAL and MODERATE CHRISTIANS OPPOSED slavery and SUPPORTED civil rights.

I am amazed at the mind that can

- call Lincoln a race traitor for ending slavery
- call Lincoln a HERO for ending slavery

- claim that LIBERALS are the REAL RACIST
- claim that ALL blacks are subhuman
- claim that ALL blacks are criminals
- claim that WHITES should be able to have SAFE SPACES where there are NO BLACKS!
- and continue to say that LIBERALS are the REAL RACISTS!

SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN SUPPORTED SLAVERY
and
OPPOSED CIVIL RIGHTS!

next you'll be lying about how it was REPUBLICANS who supported the Civil Rights act but NOT democrats!

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

forget party affiliation....

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS supported slavery and OPPOSED civil rights

LIBERAL and MODERATE CHRISTIANS OPPOSED slavery and SUPPORTED civil rights.

I am amazed at the mind that can

- call Lincoln a race traitor for ending slavery
- call Lincoln a HERO for ending slavery

- claim that LIBERALS are the REAL RACIST
- claim that ALL blacks are subhuman
- claim that ALL blacks are criminals
- claim that WHITES should be able to have SAFE SPACES where there are NO BLACKS!
- and continue to say that LIBERALS are the REAL RACISTS!

SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN SUPPORTED SLAVERY
and
OPPOSED CIVIL RIGHTS!

next you'll be lying about how it was REPUBLICANS who supported the Civil Rights act but NOT democrats!
Wow that was a whole lot of historical revision.

One correction she made-
Correction: President Eisenhower ordered 101st Airborne to Little Rock, Arkansas, in September 1957; that is, after the 1956 Presidential election, not as stated in the video, before the election.

The parties switch sides bullshit again and again. Its weird how the South didn't become majority Repubican until the 1980's
So what is your problem? You concede the parties switched sides. Anyway, generally, Southern Democrats and Republicans voted against the CRA, Northern Democrats and Republicans voted for the CRA. No revision there.

The parties switch sides bullshit again and again. Its weird how the South didn't become majority Repubican until the 1980's
So what is your problem? You concede the parties switched sides. Anyway, generally, Southern Democrats and Republicans voted against the CRA, Northern Democrats and Republicans voted for the CRA. No revision there.
How did I concede the parties switched sides by calling it bullshit. The majority of Republicans voterd for Civil Rights the majority of Democrats voted against it.

Forum List

Back