Historically, no Antarctic ice shelf when CO2 is above 400 ppm

Wow 45 million year ago? Antarctica looked like this. I am still wondering if "Pangea" was one whole continent from the north to the south, what was on the other side, because of the land imbalance that should of occurred....Just saying..

View attachment 702161
The historical record indicates that when CO2 levels are above 400 ppm, no sea ice exists worldwide.

Nope, just poking fun at the whole retarded concept.....But just in case.....High and dry at 700' here. ;)

Actually I could use some deeper water at my Shenandoah River property.
Then I suggest you restrain yourself and hang on to your day job. Comedy is not your forte.

That the Earth isn't static is irrelevant. I could even argue that the dynamicism of the Earth is evidence that the environment it provides us can be affected in significant ways by seemingly insignificant changes in critical factors. Increasing CO2 raises the Earth's temperature. Raising the Earth's temperature reduces the amount of ice worldwide. That ice loss can have catastrophic impacts, just another aspect of that dynamic Earth you bring up. Thanks.
That dynamic Earth also dooms major cities along the west coast as that tectonic plate heads north.
Yellowstone blows, and that pretty much is a civilization ender. Spewing far more toxins than humans can.

Nature itself is far more powerful than humans and their SUV's.

The Earth has healed itself just fine after major asteroid collisions, super volcanoes erupting, major shifts in climate from tropical to ice age and several mass extinction events.

Only idiots believe that the landscape and maps we see today have any permanency, or that humans can control the climate to their benefit.

The oceans will rise and fall no matter how much we spend futilely trying to prevent it.

Last edited:
That dynamic Earth also dooms major cities along the west coast as that tectonic plate heads north.
Yellowstone blows, and that pretty much is a civilization ender. Spewing far more toxins than humans can.

Nature itself is far more powerful than humans and their SUV's.

The Earth has healed itself just fine after major asteroid collisions, super volcanoes erupting, major shifts in climate from tropical to ice age and several mass extinction events.

Only idiots believe that the landscape and maps we see today have any permanency, or that humans can control the climate to their benefit.

The oceans will rise and fall no matter how much we spend futilely trying to prevent it.
The CO2 emitted by humans dwarfs that put out by the planet's volcanism. Check the numbers.

"The Earth has healed itself just fine after major asteroid collisions, super volcanoes erupting..." This is one of the stupidest comments I've ever read here. The Chicxulub impact eliminated three-fourths of all the species on this planet and decimated the populations of those few that managed to survive. The severe atmospheric occultation from debris likely lasted years. The Permian-Triassic extinction killed 90% of land animals and 95% of all marine species. But, hey, give it five or ten million years and you'd never know anything happened, right?

I have never said anything about maps or landscape having permanency or suggested that humans can control the climate to their benefit. I have repeated the conclusions of the world's climate scientists who tell us that human GHG emissions are responsible for the warming we've observed for the last century or more and that unless we stop that by ceasing GHG production, the results will be catastrophic, particularly from rapidly rising sea levels. Only idiots think they know better.

te. I have repeated the conclusions of the world's climate scientists who tell us that human GHG emissions are responsible for the warming we've observed for the last century or more and that unless we stop that be ceasing GHG production, the results will be catastrophic, particularly from rapidly rising sea levels. Only idiots think they know better.
Climate scientists? Name one

The historical record indicates that when CO2 levels are above 400 ppm, no sea ice exists worldwide.
Oh, i dont know, were you there? Was any man there during that time? Back then, i doubt there was any ice at all, considering that the Earth was still in its cooling phase from the original creation. You know fire and brimstone type temperatures that started about 4.5 billion years ago and still are cooling even today.....

Climate scientists? Name one

Here are the various authors of the Technical Summary of "The Physical Science Basis" of the IPCC's Sixth Assessment Report

Paola A. Arias (Colombia), Nicolas Bellouin (United Kingdom/France), Erika Coppola (Italy), Richard G. Jones (United Kingdom), Gerhard Krinner (France/Germany, France), Jochem Marotzke (Germany), Vaishali Naik (United States of America), Matthew D. Palmer (United Kingdom), Gian-Kasper Plattner (Switzerland), Joeri Rogelj (United Kingdom /Belgium), Maisa Rojas (Chile), Jana Sillmann (Norway/Germany), Trude Storelvmo (Norway), Peter W. Thorne (Ireland/ United Kingdom), Blair Trewin (Australia), Krishna Achuta Rao (India), Bhupesh Adhikary (Nepal), Richard P. Allan (United Kingdom), Kyle Armour (United States of America), Govindasamy Bala (India/ United States of America), Rondrotiana Barimalala (South Africa/Madagascar), Sophie Berger (France/Belgium), Josep G. Canadell (Australia), Christophe Cassou (France), Annalisa Cherchi (Italy), William Collins (United Kingdom), William D. Collins (United States of America), Sarah L. Connors (France/ United Kingdom), Susanna Corti (Italy), Faye Cruz (Philippines), Frank J. Dentener (EU/The Netherlands), Claudine Dereczynski (Brazil), Alejandro Di Luca (Australia, Canada/Argentina), Aida Diongue Niang (Senegal), Francisco J. Doblas-Reyes (Spain), Alessandro Dosio (Italy), Hervé Douville (France), François Engelbrecht (South Africa), Veronika Eyring (Germany), Erich Fischer (Switzerland), Piers Forster (United Kingdom), Baylor Fox-Kemper (United States of America), Jan S. Fuglestvedt (Norway), John C. Fyfe (Canada), Nathan P. Gillett (Canada), Leah Goldfarb (France/ United States of America), Irina Gorodetskaya (Portugal/Russian Federation, Belgium), Jose Manuel Gutierrez (Spain), Rafiq Hamdi (Belgium), Ed Hawkins (United Kingdom), Helene T. Hewitt (United Kingdom), Pandora Hope (Australia), Akm Saiful Islam (Bangladesh), Christopher Jones (United Kingdom), Darrell S. Kaufman (United States of America), Robert E. Kopp (United States of America), Yu Kosaka (Japan), James Kossin (United States of America), Svitlana Krakovska (Ukraine), June-Yi Lee (Republic of Korea), Jian Li (China), Thorsten Mauritsen (Sweden, Denmark), Thomas K. Maycock (United States of America), Malte Meinshausen (Australia/Germany), Seung-Ki Min (Republic of Korea), Pedro M. S. Monteiro (South Africa), Thanh Ngo-Duc (Vietnam), Friederike Otto (United Kingdom /Germany), Izidine Pinto (South Africa/Mozambique), Anna Pirani (Italy/ United Kingdom, Italy), Krishnan Raghavan (India), Roshanka Ranasinghe (The Netherlands/Sri Lanka,Australia), Alex C. Ruane (United States of America), Lucas Ruiz (Argentina), Jean-Baptiste Sallée (France), Bjørn H. Samset (Norway), Shubha Sathyendranath (UK/Canada, United Kingdom, Overseas Citizen of India), Sonia I. Seneviratne (Switzerland), Anna A. Sörensson (Argentina), Sophie Szopa (France), Izuru Takayabu (Japan), Anne-Marie Treguier (France), Bart van den Hurk (The Netherlands), Robert Vautard (France), Karina von Schuckmann (France/Germany), Sönke Zaehle (Germany), Xuebin Zhang (Canada), Kirsten Zickfeld (Canada/Germany), Guðfinna Aðalgeirsdóttir (Iceland), Lincoln M. Alves (Brazil), Terje Berntsen (Norway), Sara M. Blichner (Norway), Lisa Bock (Germany), Gregory G. Garner (United States of America), Joelle Gergis (Australia), Sergey K. Gulev (Russian Federation), Mathias Hauser (Switzerland), Flavio Lehner (United States of America/Switzerland), Chao Li (China), Marianne T. Lund (Norway), Daniel J. Lunt (United Kingdom), Sebastian Milinski (Germany), Gemma Teresa Narisma (Philippines), Zebedee R. J. Nicholls (Australia), Dirk Notz (Germany), Sophie Nowicki (USA/France, USA), Bette Otto-Bliesner (USA), Brodie Pearson (United States of America / United Kingdom), Adam S. Phillips (United States of America), Lucas Ruiz (Argentina), Stéphane Sénési (France), Lucas Silva (Portugal/Switzerland), Aimee B. A. Slangen (The Netherlands), Thomas F. Stocker (Switzerland), Claudia Tebaldi (United States of America), Sabin Thazhe Purayil (India), Andrew Turner (United Kingdom), Steven Turnock (United Kingdom), Carolina Vera (Argentina), Cunde Xiao (China), Panmao Zhai (China), Valérie Masson-Delmotte (France), Gregory M. Flato (Canada), Noureddine Yassa (Algeria), Arias, P. A., N. Bellouin, E. Coppola, R. G. Jones, G. Krinner, J. Marotzke, V. Naik, M. D. Palmer, G. K. Plattner, J. Rogelj, M. Rojas, J. Sillmann, T. Storelvmo, P. W. Thorne, B. Trewin, K. Achuta Rao, B. Adhikary, R. P. Allan, K. Armour, G. Bala, R. Barimalala, S. Berger, J. G. Canadell, C. Cassou, A. Cherchi, W. Collins, W. D. Collins, S. L. Connors, S. Corti, F. Cruz, F. J. Dentener, C. Dereczynski, A. Di Luca, A. Diongue Niang, F. J. Doblas-Reyes, A. Dosio, H. Douville, F. Engelbrecht, V. Eyring, E. Fischer, P. Forster, B. Fox-Kemper, J. S. Fuglestvedt, J. C. Fyfe, N. P. Gillett, L. Goldfarb, I. Gorodetskaya, J. M. Gutierrez, R. Hamdi, E. Hawkins, H. T. Hewitt, P. Hope, A. S. Islam, C. Jones, D. S. Kaufman, R. E. Kopp, Y. Kosaka, J. Kossin, S. Krakovska, J-Y. Lee, J. Li, T. Mauritsen, T. K. Maycock, M. Meinshausen, S-K. Min, P. M. S. Monteiro, T. Ngo-Duc, F. Otto, I. Pinto, A. Pirani, K. Raghavan, R. Ranasinghe, A. C. Ruane, L. Ruiz, J-B. Sallée, B. H. Samset, S. Sathyendranath, S. I. Seneviratne, A. A. Sörensson, S. Szopa, I. Takayabu, A-M. Treguier, B. van den Hurk, R. Vautard, K. von Schuckmann, S. Zaehle, X. Zhang, K. Zickfeld, Masson-Delmotte, V. P. Zhai, A. Pirani, S. L. Connors, C. Péan, S. Berger, N. Caud, Y. Chen, L. Goldfarb, M. I. Gomis, M. Huang, K. Leitzell, E. Lonnoy, J.B.R. Matthews, T. K. Maycock, T. Waterfield, O. Yelekçi, R. Yu and B. Zhou

Now let's see a list of actual working climate scientists who agree with your take on the issue.

The CO2 emitted by humans dwarfs that put out by the planet's volcanism. Check the numbers.

"The Earth has healed itself just fine after major asteroid collisions, super volcanoes erupting..." This is one of the stupidest comments I've ever read here. The Chicxulub impact eliminated three-fourths of all the species on this planet and decimated the populations of those few that managed to survive. The severe atmospheric occultation from debris likely lasted years. The Permian-Triassic extinction killed 90% of land animals and 95% of all marine species. But, hey, give it five or ten million years and you'd never know anything happened, right?

I have never said anything about maps or landscape having permanency or suggested that humans can control the climate to their benefit. I have repeated the conclusions of the world's climate scientists who tell us that human GHG emissions are responsible for the warming we've observed for the last century or more and that unless we stop that by ceasing GHG production, the results will be catastrophic, particularly from rapidly rising sea levels. Only idiots think they know better.
Then stop breathing, show the rest of us how it is done, set a trend that we can learn from. Maybe you should confront the brown turd Obammy who idled his SUV for over two hours while dining with his adopted daughters, while parked in a handicapped parking slot, preventing a little old lady from using it.

hqdefault.jpg

Then stop breathing, show the rest of us how it is done, set a trend that we can learn from.

View attachment 702306
I will add this to the rather lengthy list I have accumulated of AGW deniers making death wishes or encouraging me and others to commit suicide. In the eight years I have been on this forum, I have never seen a similar suggestion from anyone on my side of this argument. This, of course, only reinforces my belief that I am in the right on this question and that, almost to a man, those who oppose me, do so because they are intellectually and often otherwise flawed.

Last edited:
Here are the various authors of the Technical Summary of "The Physical Science Basis" of the IPCC's Sixth Assessment Report

Paola A. Arias (Colombia), Nicolas Bellouin (United Kingdom/France), Erika Coppola (Italy), Richard G. Jones (United Kingdom), Gerhard Krinner (France/Germany, France), Jochem Marotzke (Germany), Vaishali Naik (United States of America), Matthew D. Palmer (United Kingdom), Gian-Kasper Plattner (Switzerland), Joeri Rogelj (United Kingdom /Belgium), Maisa Rojas (Chile), Jana Sillmann (Norway/Germany), Trude Storelvmo (Norway), Peter W. Thorne (Ireland/ United Kingdom), Blair Trewin (Australia), Krishna Achuta Rao (India), Bhupesh Adhikary (Nepal), Richard P. Allan (United Kingdom), Kyle Armour (United States of America), Govindasamy Bala (India/ United States of America), Rondrotiana Barimalala (South Africa/Madagascar), Sophie Berger (France/Belgium), Josep G. Canadell (Australia), Christophe Cassou (France), Annalisa Cherchi (Italy), William Collins (United Kingdom), William D. Collins (United States of America), Sarah L. Connors (France/ United Kingdom), Susanna Corti (Italy), Faye Cruz (Philippines), Frank J. Dentener (EU/The Netherlands), Claudine Dereczynski (Brazil), Alejandro Di Luca (Australia, Canada/Argentina), Aida Diongue Niang (Senegal), Francisco J. Doblas-Reyes (Spain), Alessandro Dosio (Italy), Hervé Douville (France), François Engelbrecht (South Africa), Veronika Eyring (Germany), Erich Fischer (Switzerland), Piers Forster (United Kingdom), Baylor Fox-Kemper (United States of America), Jan S. Fuglestvedt (Norway), John C. Fyfe (Canada), Nathan P. Gillett (Canada), Leah Goldfarb (France/ United States of America), Irina Gorodetskaya (Portugal/Russian Federation, Belgium), Jose Manuel Gutierrez (Spain), Rafiq Hamdi (Belgium), Ed Hawkins (United Kingdom), Helene T. Hewitt (United Kingdom), Pandora Hope (Australia), Akm Saiful Islam (Bangladesh), Christopher Jones (United Kingdom), Darrell S. Kaufman (United States of America), Robert E. Kopp (United States of America), Yu Kosaka (Japan), James Kossin (United States of America), Svitlana Krakovska (Ukraine), June-Yi Lee (Republic of Korea), Jian Li (China), Thorsten Mauritsen (Sweden, Denmark), Thomas K. Maycock (United States of America), Malte Meinshausen (Australia/Germany), Seung-Ki Min (Republic of Korea), Pedro M. S. Monteiro (South Africa), Thanh Ngo-Duc (Vietnam), Friederike Otto (United Kingdom /Germany), Izidine Pinto (South Africa/Mozambique), Anna Pirani (Italy/ United Kingdom, Italy), Krishnan Raghavan (India), Roshanka Ranasinghe (The Netherlands/Sri Lanka,Australia), Alex C. Ruane (United States of America), Lucas Ruiz (Argentina), Jean-Baptiste Sallée (France), Bjørn H. Samset (Norway), Shubha Sathyendranath (UK/Canada, United Kingdom, Overseas Citizen of India), Sonia I. Seneviratne (Switzerland), Anna A. Sörensson (Argentina), Sophie Szopa (France), Izuru Takayabu (Japan), Anne-Marie Treguier (France), Bart van den Hurk (The Netherlands), Robert Vautard (France), Karina von Schuckmann (France/Germany), Sönke Zaehle (Germany), Xuebin Zhang (Canada), Kirsten Zickfeld (Canada/Germany), Guðfinna Aðalgeirsdóttir (Iceland), Lincoln M. Alves (Brazil), Terje Berntsen (Norway), Sara M. Blichner (Norway), Lisa Bock (Germany), Gregory G. Garner (United States of America), Joelle Gergis (Australia), Sergey K. Gulev (Russian Federation), Mathias Hauser (Switzerland), Flavio Lehner (United States of America/Switzerland), Chao Li (China), Marianne T. Lund (Norway), Daniel J. Lunt (United Kingdom), Sebastian Milinski (Germany), Gemma Teresa Narisma (Philippines), Zebedee R. J. Nicholls (Australia), Dirk Notz (Germany), Sophie Nowicki (USA/France, USA), Bette Otto-Bliesner (USA), Brodie Pearson (United States of America / United Kingdom), Adam S. Phillips (United States of America), Lucas Ruiz (Argentina), Stéphane Sénési (France), Lucas Silva (Portugal/Switzerland), Aimee B. A. Slangen (The Netherlands), Thomas F. Stocker (Switzerland), Claudia Tebaldi (United States of America), Sabin Thazhe Purayil (India), Andrew Turner (United Kingdom), Steven Turnock (United Kingdom), Carolina Vera (Argentina), Cunde Xiao (China), Panmao Zhai (China), Valérie Masson-Delmotte (France), Gregory M. Flato (Canada), Noureddine Yassa (Algeria), Arias, P. A., N. Bellouin, E. Coppola, R. G. Jones, G. Krinner, J. Marotzke, V. Naik, M. D. Palmer, G. K. Plattner, J. Rogelj, M. Rojas, J. Sillmann, T. Storelvmo, P. W. Thorne, B. Trewin, K. Achuta Rao, B. Adhikary, R. P. Allan, K. Armour, G. Bala, R. Barimalala, S. Berger, J. G. Canadell, C. Cassou, A. Cherchi, W. Collins, W. D. Collins, S. L. Connors, S. Corti, F. Cruz, F. J. Dentener, C. Dereczynski, A. Di Luca, A. Diongue Niang, F. J. Doblas-Reyes, A. Dosio, H. Douville, F. Engelbrecht, V. Eyring, E. Fischer, P. Forster, B. Fox-Kemper, J. S. Fuglestvedt, J. C. Fyfe, N. P. Gillett, L. Goldfarb, I. Gorodetskaya, J. M. Gutierrez, R. Hamdi, E. Hawkins, H. T. Hewitt, P. Hope, A. S. Islam, C. Jones, D. S. Kaufman, R. E. Kopp, Y. Kosaka, J. Kossin, S. Krakovska, J-Y. Lee, J. Li, T. Mauritsen, T. K. Maycock, M. Meinshausen, S-K. Min, P. M. S. Monteiro, T. Ngo-Duc, F. Otto, I. Pinto, A. Pirani, K. Raghavan, R. Ranasinghe, A. C. Ruane, L. Ruiz, J-B. Sallée, B. H. Samset, S. Sathyendranath, S. I. Seneviratne, A. A. Sörensson, S. Szopa, I. Takayabu, A-M. Treguier, B. van den Hurk, R. Vautard, K. von Schuckmann, S. Zaehle, X. Zhang, K. Zickfeld, Masson-Delmotte, V. P. Zhai, A. Pirani, S. L. Connors, C. Péan, S. Berger, N. Caud, Y. Chen, L. Goldfarb, M. I. Gomis, M. Huang, K. Leitzell, E. Lonnoy, J.B.R. Matthews, T. K. Maycock, T. Waterfield, O. Yelekçi, R. Yu and B. Zhou

Now let's see a list of actual working climate scientists who agree with your take on the issue.

How do you know their credentials?

Get the blow hard billionaires and elites who have brainwashed you to cut their emissions and carbon footprint first.
Until then, piss off about my consumption.

In other words, you are ignoring 99% of Earth's history!

I am only passing on what the studies found. Do you think 45 million years is an insufficient time span over which to draw conclusions? Do you have something different? Do you have any evidence of polar ice shelves when CO2 levels were above 400 ppm? I suspect the problem is that while CO2 levels might be discernible with sufficient accuracy much further back, the presence or absence of ice shelves becomes difficult to ascertain.

I am only passing on what the studies found.
So when studies found that drinking out of the same water fountain as blacks gave you cooties, you were on board with that too?

Do you think 45 million years is an insufficient time span over which to draw conclusions?
It is if you are studying the Earth's dynamics which go back 100X farther!

Forum List

Back