Hillary won the popular vote ... so???

What would have happened if the rules in the last election were switched to popular vote?

• Hillary would still have won by the exact same 3 million popular vote margin

• Trump would have run a different campaign and won the popular vote

• It still would have been close, but there's no way to know who would have won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now you're just on repeat and run mode. I asked you if you want to have a productive discussion to explain what the rational of the founders was and why it's wrong. You put on a dress and hid under the bed.

If you don't know shit about our Constitution, than you're not worth shit discussing with it.

Just go back to your expertise, Ugly New Zealander. Lecturing a nation of 350 million people with an open border to a third world shit hole with your ignorance about how we can blindly do what someone from a nation of 4 1/2 million people on islands in the middle of the ocean says worked there. Ignorance is your calling card

Uh-uh. You're the one on your Bully pulpit. Do tell Oh Fountain of All Knowledge, what was the rationale of those who wrote the Constitution.

I already know, you're the one who doesn't. Yet you keep opining on the subject. Cure your ignorance and I'll be glad to have a real conversation about it. Why did the founding fathers create the EV? What was their goal? And why did they create a very different house and senate. I only ask because it's the same reason.

And on your other point.

Dr Grump: The United States is screwed up. Too many guns, you aren't a democracy. Oh, and you're the one on your bully pulpit kaz ...

Here's a dollar, buy a clue

The left doesn't even care. Four and eight years ago, you were celebrating EV with the rest of the Democrats. It's just bitterness they lost with a jolt of Trump Derangement Syndrome on top of it

Pfft…

I was celebrating the Obama victory. It was just easier to rub your nose in it by stating 332-206 instead of 65,915,795-60,933,504.
You’re such a snowflake.

A snowflake about what? That doesn't even make sense. You crowed about Obama and the EV. Suddenly under Trump it's an issue. There's a word for that. I'll give you a clue. It starts with "h" and ends with "ypocrisy" ...

The left doesn't even care. Four and eight years ago, you were celebrating EV with the rest of the Democrats. It's just bitterness they lost with a jolt of Trump Derangement Syndrome on top of it

four and eight years ago, the EV reflected what the popular vote did, and what the people wanted.

The thing is, every day Trump demonstrates that the Electoral College got it wrong. Shit, Fox News had to shut him down in mid-rant yesterday.

Link?

Pfft…

I was celebrating the Obama victory. It was just easier to rub your nose in it by stating 332-206 instead of 65,915,795-60,933,504.
You’re such a snowflake.

A snowflake about what? That doesn't even make sense. You crowed about Obama and the EV. Suddenly under Trump it's an issue. There's a word for that. I'll give you a clue. It starts with "h" and ends with "ypocrisy" ...

No issue for me. Obama won both the PV and EC. Trump just won the EC. These are facts. No hypocrisy is involved. Why you keep bringing up the shortcomings of your messiah is anyone’s guess.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

No issue for me. Obama won both the PV and EC. Trump just won the EC. These are facts. No hypocrisy is involved. Why you keep bringing up the shortcomings of your messiah is anyone’s guess.

Unfortunately for you the EC is the only measure that counts, just as the Constitution prescribes.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

Unfortunately for you the EC is the only measure that counts, just as the Constitution prescribes.

Apparently, it matters a great deal to Trump’s knob polishers….they keep brining it up.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

Apparently, it matters a great deal to Trump’s knob polishers….they keep brining it up.

LOL, it matters to you too. You can't get past the fact that Hillary lost.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

Yes but she won the popular vote….just like Obama did. The last time you guys took over the Oval office and won the popular vote at the same time was Bush in 1988; 30 years ago. I think the EC is great but I can see why you guys see it as a necessity!!!!

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

Obama did not win the PV. There wasn't a PV election, or PV campaign, or PV campaign strategy, no PV campaign ads, nobody knows who would have won the PV had a PV election been held.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

Obama did not win the PV. There wasn't a PV election, or PV campaign, or PV campaign strategy, no PV campaign ads, nobody knows who would have won the PV had a PV election been held.

See what I mean?

Genetically, it is impossible for a Trump knob polisher to not comment when there is any slight.

What a bunch of snowflakes.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

See what I mean?

Genetically, it is impossible for a Trump knob polisher to not comment when there is any slight.

What are you babbling about libtard?

You hear this from leftists all the time. It's irrelevant because that isn't how Presidential elections are run according to the Constitution. But this thread isn't about that. This thread is about how it's still irrelevant because:

1) Voters know if their candidate has a chance in their State. There are tens of millions of Republicans in California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland and other deep blue States who knew Trump had no chance. And there are millions of Democrats in deep red States. Three million is a small margin, there is no way to know who would have shown up or how they would have voted if we had different rules. Many Republicans voted for Gary Johnson (I know many of them) or didn't show up. And many leftists voted for Jill Stein or didn't show up

2) Neither Hillary nor Trump would have run the campaign they did if the election had different rules. That was decisive in this election as Trump won because he focused more on the light blue States in the Midwest than Hillary. Something he'd have never done if the rules were the popular vote

So Democrats, are you just lying or are you actually so stupid you really don't grasp this?
Trump won because of un-Constitutional, partisan gerrymandering by State legislatures. They drew the lines so lightly populated rural areas, had just as many electoral votes as densely populated urban areas.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

Right, that doesn't contradict what I keep saying that what you crowed about consistently was the EV and now you're suddenly against it like ever other self serving disingenuous leftist.

You may now go back to obsessing on how I feel. You have it bad for me, don't you? Last we heard you were afraid I was upset about your post. Wake up, sleep, all day in between. Candy: But how does kaz FEEL???

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

She got that in 2008 and 2012. Then in 2016 she didn't ...

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

You mean like you did over the 2008 and 2012 elections?

Just FYI given your absolute obsession with my feelings. Right now I'm a little tipsy, I've been drinking red wine since it's Friday. I love my job, but I like a break too so I'm kind of relaxed. Life is good though.

When you want another update on my feelings let me know

Yes but she won the popular vote….just like Obama did. The last time you guys took over the Oval office and won the popular vote at the same time was Bush in 1988; 30 years ago. I think the EC is great but I can see why you guys see it as a necessity!!!!

Yet when Obama won the PV, you kept crowing about the EV. You were clear what your priority was.

A feelings update to feed your obsession. I'm chillaxing more than the last update. Still drinking red wine, but it's settling in more now and I'm drinking slower. Have plans later, looking forward to it

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

That's true. It depends on context.

Obama was President because he won the EV.

Just like the Eagles are Super Bowl Champs because they got the most points.

Obama won the "PV", meh.

The Eagles got the most yards on offense, meh.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

That's true. It depends on context.

Obama was President because he won the EV.

Just like the Eagles are Super Bowl Champs because they got the most points.

Obama won the "PV", meh.

The Eagles got the most yards on offense, meh.

Nobody knows what millions of disenfranchised Republicans in red states like California and New York would have done, Obama could have got obliterated in a total popular vote winner takes all contest.

Pfft…

You’re such a snowflake.

See what I mean?

You have no sense of hypocrisy. You won the EV and crowed, then lost the EV and melted down. You're the snowflake.

Feelings update since you continually ask. Since I'm going out soon, I stopped drinking completely. Once my ride comes, I'm dropping off.

Life is good, going to have a great time. Thanks for asking how I feel!

You hear this from leftists all the time. It's irrelevant because that isn't how Presidential elections are run according to the Constitution. But this thread isn't about that. This thread is about how it's still irrelevant because:

1) Voters know if their candidate has a chance in their State. There are tens of millions of Republicans in California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland and other deep blue States who knew Trump had no chance. And there are millions of Democrats in deep red States. Three million is a small margin, there is no way to know who would have shown up or how they would have voted if we had different rules. Many Republicans voted for Gary Johnson (I know many of them) or didn't show up. And many leftists voted for Jill Stein or didn't show up

2) Neither Hillary nor Trump would have run the campaign they did if the election had different rules. That was decisive in this election as Trump won because he focused more on the light blue States in the Midwest than Hillary. Something he'd have never done if the rules were the popular vote

So Democrats, are you just lying or are you actually so stupid you really don't grasp this?
Trump won because of un-Constitutional, partisan gerrymandering by State legislatures. They drew the lines so lightly populated rural areas, had just as many electoral votes as densely populated urban areas.

Unconstitutional? Quote the Constitution.

And so you're claiming the Democrats were Unconstitutional most of my life since you're the ones who continually gerrymandered? Wow, you admit what a bunch of lawless asses the Democrat party is? Seriously? Nicely done

Forum List

Back