Hillary Clinton Says Al Jazeera is "Real News!"

Amnesty International Releases 2010 Report on Death Penalty Statistics

Interesting Facts from the Report:

In 2009, 139 countries were death penalty free in law or practice. (This is up from 16 countries in 1977, when Amnesty began working to abolish the death penalty.) Burundi and Togo joined the list in 2009.
Executions happened in only 18 countries last year with five accounting for the lion’s share: China (thousands), Iran (388), Iraq (120), Saudi Arabia (69) and the US (52).
We know of 718 executions that happened in 2009 in addition to thousands from China. And we know that at least 17,118 lived under sentence of death.
Only one country in Europe retains the death penalty – Belarus. No one was executed in the continent last year.
What has this got to do with the post, idiot? The death penalty is a necessary tool as a deterant to serious crime. Whiny ass.

Amnesty International Releases 2010 Report on Death Penalty Statistics

Interesting Facts from the Report:

In 2009, 139 countries were death penalty free in law or practice. (This is up from 16 countries in 1977, when Amnesty began working to abolish the death penalty.) Burundi and Togo joined the list in 2009.
Executions happened in only 18 countries last year with five accounting for the lion’s share: China (thousands), Iran (388), Iraq (120), Saudi Arabia (69) and the US (52).
We know of 718 executions that happened in 2009 in addition to thousands from China. And we know that at least 17,118 lived under sentence of death.
Only one country in Europe retains the death penalty – Belarus. No one was executed in the continent last year.
What has this got to do with the post, idiot? The death penalty is a necessary tool as a deterant to serious crime. Whiny ass.

There is no evidence that the death penalty is a deterrent at all. Crime rates in the US are much higher than most first world countries, NONE of which have the death penalty.

Al-Jazeera is "real news". At least their news coverage is the best middle east coverage of any media outlet that I can think of offhand.

I've never watched their opinion programming - I assume that would be the "anti-semitic" content that you were talking about before.

Al Jazeera is, indeed, real news. Their coverage of the Egypt revolution was outstanding.

Yes they did a great job. I think people give them a negative rep because Osama kept sending his tapes to them. But they do a pretty good job of covering the middle east for sure.

This is the left Al-Jazeera "Real News".:cuckoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZm3SOQaKc

What is it that makes things real?

Its when you believe....it makes no difference if it is a lie or the truth...its about believing.

Now there is something to think about folks.

That's one of the biggest myths going around. Believing things to be true doesn't make them so. It's one of the hardest things about monitoring reality.

I never said that believing in something makes it true.

I said believing in something makes it real.

Al Jazeera news is real...because people believe it to be real.

What is it that makes things real?

Its when you believe....it makes no difference if it is a lie or the truth...its about believing.

Now there is something to think about folks.

That's one of the biggest myths going around. Believing things to be true doesn't make them so. It's one of the hardest things about monitoring reality.

I never said that believing in something makes it true.

I said believing in something makes it real.

Al Jazeera news is real...because people believe it to be real.

nope----same with reality.

Is Al Jazeera real? Not in my opinion.

Is Al Jazeera real to others. You better believe it.

Al Jazeera is, indeed, real news. Their coverage of the Egypt revolution was outstanding.

Yes they did a great job. I think people give them a negative rep because Osama kept sending his tapes to them. But they do a pretty good job of covering the middle east for sure.

:cuckoo: Anybody that has a picture of Obama posing as some kind of superman is delusional anyway, so I'm sure Al-Jazeera is real to you...Now go smoke another..loon

I can only assume that the people who bash Al-Jazeera do so because Bush called them Anti-American and the rightwing talkingheads picked up on it.

Anyone who can actually watch Al Jazeera will find that it's no more or less unbalanced than most US mainstream news sources. We get Al Jazeera - English via our cable system and it's a great source for detailed information about most middle-east news. It was created explicitly to combat the unbalanced views being presented by most state-owned Arab media, and it does a nice job of that.

Al-Jazeera, the Anti-Semite Muslim Cleric, and the Times

By Cliff Kincaid | February 21, 2011

The New York Times reports that CIA officials paid for the services of an alleged con man who claimed to be able to find coded messages hidden in broadcasts by Al-Jazeera, and that his technology could decipher them to identify specific threats. Now, the Times says, U.S. officials are trying to cover up the fact that they were duped.

The threat represented by Al-Jazeera has not been in any supposed “coded messages” but in its overt propaganda. As we have been reporting since 2006, it has been a mouthpiece for terrorist groups, starting with al-Qaeda. Indeed, one of its correspondents was jailed in Spain after being convicted of being an agent of al-Qaeda.

Al-Jazeera English, supposedly different than the Arabic version but funded by the same source, the Emir of Qatar, has promoted the Islamic Army in Iraq by featuring an “exclusive interview” with its spokesperson and sending a correspondent to travel secretly with the terrorist group. This is typical of Al-Jazeera. It has a habit of finding anti-American terrorist groups and giving them publicity. The Islamic Army of Iraq, which includes former members of Saddam Hussein’s Baath party, has its own website, where it highlights the Al-Jazeera coverage of its activities. Such coverage is seen as a stamp of approval.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R4bfPm_iU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R4bfPm_iU[/ame]

Husseini might have been a Nazi to his very soul, but he was also a Palestinian nationalist with genuine support among his own people. The Allies originally considered him a war criminal, but to many Arabs, he was just a patriot. His exterminationist anti-Semitism was considered neither overly repugnant nor all that exceptional. The Arab world is saturated by Jew-hatred.

"Some of this hatred was planted by Husseini and some of it long existed, but whatever the case, it remains a remarkable, if unremarked, feature of Arab nationalism. The other day, for instance, about 1 million Egyptians in Tahrir Square heard from Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, an esteemed religious leader and Muslim Brotherhood figure whose anti-Semitic credentials are unimpeachable. Among other things, he has said that Hitler was sent by Allah as "divine punishment" for the Jews. His al-Jazeera program is one of that TV network's most popular.

"I have read the assurances of scholars and journalists alike that the Muslim Brotherhood has mutated into the Common Cause of Egypt (Jordan, too) and that its anti-Semitism is merely an odd and archaic quirk, like the anti-fluoride positions of some American conservatives. I hope this is the case. But in truth, I put more faith in the staying power of anti-Semitism than I do in the forecasting gifts of my colleagues. If they are right, wonderful. If not, we all have something to worry about."

It's Complicated: The Other Cohen Gets Real About Anti-Semitism in the ME

By Cliff Kincaid | February 21, 2011

The New York Times reports that CIA officials paid for the services of an alleged con man who claimed to be able to find coded messages hidden in broadcasts by Al-Jazeera, and that his technology could decipher them to identify specific threats. Now, the Times says, U.S. officials are trying to cover up the fact that they were duped.

The threat represented by Al-Jazeera has not been in any supposed “coded messages” but in its overt propaganda. As we have been reporting since 2006, it has been a mouthpiece for terrorist groups, starting with al-Qaeda. Indeed, one of its correspondents was jailed in Spain after being convicted of being an agent of al-Qaeda.

Al-Jazeera English, supposedly different than the Arabic version but funded by the same source, the Emir of Qatar, has promoted the Islamic Army in Iraq by featuring an “exclusive interview” with its spokesperson and sending a correspondent to travel secretly with the terrorist group. This is typical of Al-Jazeera. It has a habit of finding anti-American terrorist groups and giving them publicity. The Islamic Army of Iraq, which includes former members of Saddam Hussein’s Baath party, has its own website, where it highlights the Al-Jazeera coverage of its activities. Such coverage is seen as a stamp of approval.

That's fucking hilariously ironic. AIM accusing an media outlet of overt propaganda and serving as a mouthpiece?

You can't make this shit up, folks.:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back