Hillary Clinton For President

the most important thing this year is keeping the hildebeast out of power, if we fail to do that, nothing else matters, the USA will be Greece on steroids.

I disagree, Trump is a lot scarier. Clinton will be besieged by scandals and shut down

Hillary would appoint 3 or 4 raving liberals to the supreme court, if that doesn't scare you, you are brain dead.

What difference have Republicans appointing judges made? Do you have any idea what they've been doing with the majority for the last couple decades? It's been a string of disastrous rulings undermining our liberty

so you would be OK with 3 or 4 more Kagans or Sotomayors on the SC? Because with Hillary that's what we would get and the SC would be far left for the next 30 years or more.

You're going to have to walk me through your logic on that one. I said Republicans appointing justices hasn't stopped anything. How does that I don't think Republicans are making any difference mean I'm OK with it?

Roberts has been a disappointment, no argument there. But when the alternative is a 6/3 or 5/4 liberal court, we must hope that the next batch of republicans will be better than the last batch. Its our only hope.

Begging the question, how are they not on "equal footing"

begging the question, you're contradicting economics, you know better how?

China makes their products cheaper by subsidizing their industries and manipulating their currency. Do you understand currency manipulation?

Nothing I said contradicts economics. Consumers will choose the cheaper item, if all other things are equal.

Yes, anti-free trade is totally contradictory to economics. you'd literally learn that in an econ 101 class.

And why do consumers like cheaper products?

"contrary to economics" WTF does that mean? the economics of supply and demand say nothing about free trade with countries that are manipulating the exchange system.

Um ... yes ... it does, and clearly so. It says two way free trade is ideal, but you are better opening your markets anyway even if it's not

But yes, you are free to get screwed in the marketplace if you choose. Personally I choose not to.

consumers only choose cheaper if quality is equal.

Basically true, but not necessarily that exact. If prices are a lot lower they may go for the lower price anyway. But that's not the point. Let's say quality is equal. Why do consumers buy the cheaper one? What benefit do they get from that?

come on Kaz, you are smarter than that. China and the others are not trading freely with us. They are manipulating their currency, subsidizing their industries, and cheating in every way possible. That's not free trade.

Never said it was. I said we should engage in free trade regardless. I've said that repeatedly, I don't get how you were confused about that. I've said it clearly a bunch of times.

And again I've said sure, government pushing them with other things, like defense and aid I'm all for. It's closing our markets that I'm against because that harms us more than helps us

NAFTA has destroyed American jobs, destroyed American companies, put the USA on the negative side of trade balance with virtually every country.

You cant have free trade when one side does not play by the rules. When countries subsidize their industries and manipulate their currency, that's not free trade. That is screwing America, and it will stop under Trump.

Political talking points only. That's nonsense. Free trade is good for our economy. Lower prices help consumers and access to lower cost labor helps our businesses

Do China, Japan, and Mexico engage in free trade with the USA? Careful, think before you answer.

China mixed, Japan for the most part, but they opened their markets slowly. Mexico somewhat. They are all mixed bags.

Your point? I haven't argued that everyone trades freely with us, I argued that we should keep our markets open anyway.

As I said in another thread, I would be totally for say telling other countries will will stop using our military to defend them or give them aid and that sort of thing if they don't open their markets to us.

But Trump keeps talking about closing our markets and punishing our own companies for wanting to leave rather than addressing ... why they want to leave. Like that we are the only major power that taxes the repatriation of money and our corporate tax rates are among the highest as well. Fix those problems, don't punish our own companies for being rational

Unions and taxes put our manufacturers at a disadvantage from the start. We cannot compete with countries that have virtual slave labor paid less than $1 per hour.

I do agree that foreign profits should not pay US taxes and that the corporate tax rate should be lowered drastically, but those things alone will not fix the balance of trade or keep companies from moving to places with much lower labor costs.

I never said we only need to do one or two things. But those are two of the big ones. They would have stopped companies like Burger King from leaving.

Putting up trade barriers is only going to make our economy worse. And I believe what I know and studied in economics over you and Trump, sorry man

how does incentivizing companies to stay in this country hurt our economy?

as to your study of economics, I am quite sure that I have taken as many if not more courses in econ as you have. Econ is not an exact science, it is not math.

China makes their products cheaper by subsidizing their industries and manipulating their currency. Do you understand currency manipulation?

Nothing I said contradicts economics. Consumers will choose the cheaper item, if all other things are equal.

Yes, anti-free trade is totally contradictory to economics. you'd literally learn that in an econ 101 class.

"contrary to economics" WTF does that mean? the economics of supply and demand say nothing about free trade with countries that are manipulating the exchange system.

Um ... yes ... it does, and clearly so. It says two way free trade is ideal, but you are better opening your markets anyway even if it's not

But yes, you are free to get screwed in the marketplace if you choose. Personally I choose not to.

Basically true, but not necessarily that exact. If prices are a lot lower they may go for the lower price anyway. But that's not the point. Let's say quality is equal. Why do consumers buy the cheaper one? What benefit do they get from that?

come on Kaz, you are smarter than that. China and the others are not trading freely with us. They are manipulating their currency, subsidizing their industries, and cheating in every way possible. That's not free trade.

Never said it was. I said we should engage in free trade regardless. I've said that repeatedly, I don't get how you were confused about that. I've said it clearly a bunch of times.

And again I've said sure, government pushing them with other things, like defense and aid I'm all for. It's closing our markets that I'm against because that harms us more than helps us

sounds like you are saying we should engage in free trade even if the rest of the world doesn't. How would that work to our benefit?

No, W doesn't look like a good alternative. We're just continuing the both parties pick the biggest loon they can find and fight it out string that's gone on for over two decades

the most important thing this year is keeping the hildebeast out of power, if we fail to do that, nothing else matters, the USA will be Greece on steroids.

I disagree, Trump is a lot scarier. Clinton will be besieged by scandals and shut down

Hillary would appoint 3 or 4 raving liberals to the supreme court, if that doesn't scare you, you are brain dead.

What difference have Republicans appointing judges made? Do you have any idea what they've been doing with the majority for the last couple decades? It's been a string of disastrous rulings undermining our liberty

whatever he is and whatever he would do, he is 1000% better than Hillary. That's the point. If we don't keep the hildebeast out of power, this country is lost.

I won't vote for someone who tells me and keeps telling me he's not a free market capitalist. Free trade is the heart of free markets and capitalism is the the economic portion of liberty. Consumers, producers, employers, employees, employers, employees, all have choice

The "worse" was avoided. Well, unless this whole Sanders nonsense doesn't go away.
I'll be a hole lot more optimistic about a trump presidency than I would a kasich or Cruz or rubio or jeb presidency. Hell I was almost a trump supporter myself. Maybe he will win me over.

Oh stop worshiping W, he's gone now, get over it. The guy lied about WMDs, he invaded countries, you can stop lapping up his slop now, conservative whacko
Finally Republicans are coming clean while they're coming unhinged

It's about time, but what are you coming clean about, RWNJ?
I like trump Bernie or hillary. I've already won this November. Xmas came early

So the leftist will vote for one of three leftists.

Anyone wonder why some conservatives don't support Trump?

:lol:

whatever he is and whatever he would do, he is 1000% better than Hillary. That's the point. If we don't keep the hildebeast out of power, this country is lost.

I won't vote for someone who tells me and keeps telling me he's not a free market capitalist. Free trade is the heart of free markets and capitalism is the the economic portion of liberty. Consumers, producers, employers, employees, employers, employees, all have choice

free trade has to be a two way street, that's all trump is saying. He is telling China and the rest, "play fair or we will take actions to make it fair".

you are missing the important message in the rhetoric.

I'll be a hole lot more optimistic about a trump presidency than I would a kasich or Cruz or rubio or jeb presidency. Hell I was almost a trump supporter myself. Maybe he will win me over.

Oh stop worshiping W, he's gone now, get over it. The guy lied about WMDs, he invaded countries, you can stop lapping up his slop now, conservative whacko

no, Mr. Wizard, you tell us.

no, Mr. Wizard, you tell us.

What's wrong with some of you? There are many on here who've I've seen eye to eye with on issues, and vica versa, and all of a sudden you turn to insults?

I don't trust Trump, I see him as a liberal paying lip service to get votes. He's the big business who is in bed with big gov't.

so you would be OK with 3 or 4 more Kagans or Sotomayors on the SC? Because with Hillary that's what we would get and the SC would be far left for the next 30 years or more.

You're going to have to walk me through your logic on that one. I said Republicans appointing justices hasn't stopped anything. How does that I don't think Republicans are making any difference mean I'm OK with it?

Roberts has been a disappointment, no argument there. But when the alternative is a 6/3 or 5/4 liberal court, we must hope that the next batch of republicans will be better than the last batch. Its our only hope.

With Obamacare, Roberts should have strangled Hitler in his cradle and didn't. After enough decades of the Republicans screwing me, they aren't the only hope, they are no hope at all

No, W doesn't look like a good alternative. We're just continuing the both parties pick the biggest loon they can find and fight it out string that's gone on for over two decades

I doubt Hillary will put up trade barriers and she's going to be way to bogged down by endless scandals to get anything done. Trump is actively pushing anti-capitalist policies that he could deliver on

how does incentivizing companies to stay in this country hurt our economy?

Um ... what? Where did I ever oppose that and where did Trump ever support that? What are you talking about? That's what I've been advocating, address why companies want to leave, Trump wants to punish them for leaving, I said that's terrible policy. It's like telling another kid to be your friend or you'll kick him in the head. Maybe that works in the short term, but you haven't addressed why he doesn't want to be your friend. Maybe your willingness to kick him in the head (think about it) is part of the reason. I have no idea where you got this question

as to your study of economics, I am quite sure that I have taken as many if not more courses in econ as you have. Econ is not an exact science, it is not math.

I have an MBA in finance, which is a field of econ. I never made it a contest, it just is. And I said it's supported by math, I didn't say it is math.

And I'm going to have to call bull shit to your claim you've taken econ classes if you don't know that econ clearly says that free trade is in our interest whether it's reciprocated or not. That's such a basic concept you'd hit right away in an econ class and when you draw the graphs and do the math it make so much sense.

Econ is a social science. If you're saying it's wrong, you're saying that the concepts that it's built on that humans act in their own interest is wrong as well. That every details is right, sure, can be challenged. But the field is based on human nature and the way it functions is very clearly true

Free markets WITHIN the USA, not the entire world. America first. Americans first.

That's an oxymoron. How can our own government end freedom at the border and call it freedom? Free trade is the heart of free markets, the patient can't live without it

NAFTA has destroyed American jobs, destroyed American companies, put the USA on the negative side of trade balance with virtually every country.

You cant have free trade when one side does not play by the rules. When countries subsidize their industries and manipulate their currency, that's not free trade. That is screwing America, and it will stop under Trump.

Political talking points only. That's nonsense. Free trade is good for our economy. Lower prices help consumers and access to lower cost labor helps our businesses

Do China, Japan, and Mexico engage in free trade with the USA? Careful, think before you answer.

China mixed, Japan for the most part, but they opened their markets slowly. Mexico somewhat. They are all mixed bags.

Your point? I haven't argued that everyone trades freely with us, I argued that we should keep our markets open anyway.

As I said in another thread, I would be totally for say telling other countries will will stop using our military to defend them or give them aid and that sort of thing if they don't open their markets to us.

But Trump keeps talking about closing our markets and punishing our own companies for wanting to leave rather than addressing ... why they want to leave. Like that we are the only major power that taxes the repatriation of money and our corporate tax rates are among the highest as well. Fix those problems, don't punish our own companies for being rational

I wasn't picking this up before....my apologies.

But I agree with you basic statement....fix the problem.

sounds like you are saying we should engage in free trade even if the rest of the world doesn't. How would that work to our benefit?

It doesn't "sound" like I'm saying that, I'm saying that.

And you said you've taken econ classes, how did they explain it? What was wrong with their explanation?

BTW, you still obviously don't get the point of my question on why you want to buy the same thing for less money, that is the answer the field of econ gave you when you studied it

free trade has to be a two way street, that's all trump is saying. He is telling China and the rest, "play fair or we will take actions to make it fair".

Are you reading my posts?

That's an oxymoron. How can our own government end freedom at the border and call it freedom? Free trade is the heart of free markets, the patient can't live without it

I wasn't picking this up before....my apologies.

But I agree with you basic statement....fix the problem.

No problem! It was a while back. She can evade indefinitely. But when she has a question, she demands you answer it, and in the context of her loaded question based on contrived spin!

Now she'll probably say that's what asking how a man walking into a bathroom possibly not being a transgender is, it's a loaded question!

She's not very bright, and she has horrible reading comprehension

And you said you've taken econ classes, how did they explain it? What was wrong with their explanation?

BTW, you still obviously don't get the point of my question on why you want to buy the same thing for less money, that is the answer the field of econ gave you when you studied it

that makes no sense. We should let China demolish our industries by currency manipulation while we just sit on our hands and say " we do free trade" ? Are you crazy?

the laws of supply and demand only work on a level playing field. All Trump is saying to China is "make it level or we will".

As to your silly question on why people buy the lower priced item, it leaves more money for other things.

of course, but some of them make no sense.

that makes no sense. We should let China demolish our industries by currency manipulation while we just sit on our hands and say " we do free trade" ? Are you crazy?

the laws of supply and demand only work on a level playing field. All Trump is saying to China is "make it level or we will".

As to your silly question on why people buy the lower priced item, it leaves more money for other things.

Begging the question, economics disagrees with you. You said that you took econ classes, you speculated as many or more than me. So why do all your posts ignore economics? Why can't you frame the discussion in terms of what you learned and rejected and why rather than sounding like someone who never has studied any economics at all?

of course, but some of them make no sense.

Your questions more and more make no sense in the context of anything I've ever said

Forum List

Back