Hilarious! GOP's answer to buying "foreign oil" is buying "foreign oil".

The Republican "Master Debaters" are saying buying oil from another country is better than buying "foreign oil". Let's keep money in this country by buying Canadian oil.

They make my head spin. I want to say their foreign policy is worse, but all their polices seem about "equal".

When oil producing countries in the Middle East get pissed off at America, they threaten to cut off oil supplies, burn US flags, and want to behead Americans.

When we get pissed off at you, we send Celine Dion back to Las Vegas. Our oil is nicer.

:badgrin:

Aha- so Celine is an attempt to annoy us!

Funny post, and you do make a good point in an amusing way.

And of course, when Canada spends that oil money, they often spend it here, which is good.

BUt I think Dean still lives on that hippy commune where solar panels are going to save us all....

The Republican "Master Debaters" are saying buying oil from another country is better than buying "foreign oil". Let's keep money in this country by buying Canadian oil.

They make my head spin. I want to say their foreign policy is worse, but all their polices seem about "equal".

Are you daft? The point they made was its better to buy oil from our close neighbor and ally than it is to buy it from overseas and an enemy.

Stop being a hack, there are plenty of LEGITIMATE attacks you can make on republicans without resorting to this dishonesty.

Yup. Buy from Canada. Provide thousands of jobs in the US. Loads of Canadians come to the US and they spend money. Loads of Americans go to Canada and they spend money. Win, win in my book

Anyone taken a good look at the middle east lately?? Its getting more unstable everyday. Anyone who thinks that instability won't affect the oil getting out is not thinking at all.

Keystone is a star studded win, win.

In my opinion, procuring North American Oil is better for the USA than buying Middle East or Venezuelan oil.

Brazil Anyone?

“We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers. At a time when we’ve been reminded how easily instability in other parts of the world can affect the price of oil, the United States could not be happier with the potential for a new, stable source of energy.” - White House Press Briefing, March 19th

maybe it is the spin of the left that makes your head spin?

Let me explain something to you....

The GOP stance is simple...

If the environmentalists refuse to allow us to drill our own off shore....we are left with a choice...

Buy foreign oil from countries that hate us

Or

Buy foreign oil from a country that likes us

It really is not so complicated to understand....I...for the life of me...can not figure out whay this was so difficult for you to understand.

I mean....a child would have understood a basic concept like that.

Let's see. Canada is our largest trading country. They've got a lot of something we need a lot of. We buy it from them and much of the profit swirls around in their economy, the one that buys all that stuff from us! No wonder the pea brain lefties don't get it.

Id prefer buying from Canada. Id like to see the ME drown in their own oil.
I ponder if the Iranians succeed in closing the Straights of Hormuz, how the O will handle it? Give them that too as he gave them a high tech drone?

He would probably tell us that we are not Capable of Re-opening the Straight with out risking upsetting Iran.
Propably the same response he gave when there was an uprising in the dispute of [Ahmadinejad] I'mainaJhihad's re-election...

"...we cannot meddle...":eusa_whistle:

If the environmentalists refuse to allow us to drill our own off shore....we are left with a choice...

Or

It really is not so complicated to understand....I...for the life of me...can not figure out whay this was so difficult for you to understand.

Oh, i think he understands perfectly. He just hates his fellow Americans so much that he will oppose anything in their best interest.

Or

Oh, i think he understands perfectly. He just hates his fellow Americans so much that he will oppose anything in their best interest.
There is nothing other than BC American about Barack Obama.

Did you radical lefties hear what they said? The mid-east oil could be cut off at anytime at the whim of the emerging muslem brotherhood that Barry helped create so the oil pipeline from Canada might be a pretty good idea. In addition to oil production the project would involve real shovel ready jobs instead of tools for fools projects that Barry giggled about. Now if we could get the democrat radicals to approve a couple of wells in the tiny portion of ANWAR we could get American oil as well as Canadian oil flowing through the pipeline.

At the whim of the Muslim Brotherhood? Do tell! The product that would come out of the extention of the existing pipeline from Canada is a Tar like substance that must be diluted/desolved with benzene to be suitable for pipeline transport.

We recieve less and less ME oil. Perhaps if Brazil does find a huge field we can get off ME oil completely.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

To hell with that hard to get, expensive ANWR oil, lets begin leasing all federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico to exporation companies(perhaps some of the connies will become enviro-nazis? on that proposal).

Oh man, can you believe these guys? I gave them plenty of time to try to reason things out, but could they? No.

It's a "business". There is no charity in business. It's why the "job creators" aren't "creating" jobs. Because there is no demand. Republicans "imagine" it's "uncertainty". But corporations are telling us why they aren't hiring. Let me say it again "NO DEMAND". Got it? Good!

Now apply that to Canadian oil.

Republicans think that if there is a problem in the Middle East, Canadians, who must love us so much, will continue to supply oil to us at the same cost no matter what happens.

That's only in the delusional minds of Republicans who live in "Republicanland".

If something happens in the Middle East, we aren't guaranteed to receive Canadian oil. They will put it on the open market to get every cent they can out of it. That's how things work in the "real world".

We need to become "energy independent". Sending American money to foreign countries is NOT the way. Unless you're a Republican. They always "imagine" an outcome and when it doesn't happen the way they "imagine", it's the fault of someone else. How neat and tidy.

Oh man, can you believe these guys? I gave them plenty of time to try to reason things out, but could they? No.

It's a "business". There is no charity in business. It's why the "job creators" aren't "creating" jobs. Because there is no demand. Republicans "imagine" it's "uncertainty". But corporations are telling us why they aren't hiring. Let me say it again "NO DEMAND". Got it? Good!

Republicans think that if there is a problem in the Middle East, Canadians, who must love us so much, will continue to supply oil to us at the same cost no matter what happens.

That's only in the delusional minds of Republicans who live in "Republicanland".

If something happens in the Middle East, we aren't guaranteed to receive Canadian oil. They will put it on the open market to get every cent they can out of it. That's how things work in the "real world".

We need to become "energy independent". Sending American money to foreign countries is NOT the way. Unless you're a Republican. They always "imagine" an outcome and when it doesn't happen the way they "imagine", it's the fault of someone else. How neat and tidy.
Tell us exactly WHY Obama has banned drilling for ourselves and our needs?

Tell us exactly WHY Obama has banned drilling for ourselves and our needs?

Demand 114 Apologies For 'Shakedown' Smear

Forum List

Back