Hilarious! GOP's answer to buying "foreign oil" is buying "foreign oil".

There are a few misconceptions about the Keystone oil pipeline in this thread.

Keystone XL will not lessen U.S. dependence on foreign oil, but transport Canadian oil to American refineries for export to overseas markets. Keystone XL is an export pipeline. According to presentations to investors, Gulf Coast refiners plan to refine the cheap Canadian crude supplied by the pipeline into diesel and other products for export to Europe and Latin America. Proceeds from these exports are earned tax-free. Much of the fuel refined from the pipeline’s heavy crude oil will never reach U.S. drivers’ tanks.

Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially farmers
by draining midwestern refineries of cheap Canadian crude into export-oriented refineries in the Gulf Coast, Keystone XL will increase the cost of gas for Americans.

Few jobs will actually be created: In 2008, TransCanada’s Presidential Permit application for Keystone XL to the State Department indicated “a peak workforce of approximately 3,500 to 4,200 construction personnel” to build the pipeline. Jobs estimates above those listed in its application draw from a 2011 report commissioned by TransCanada that estimates 20,000 “person-years” of employment based on a non-public forecast model using undisclosed inputs provided by TransCanada. According to TransCanada’s own data, just 11% of the construction jobs on the Keystone I pipeline in South Dakota were filled by South Dakotans–most of them for temporary, low-paying manual labor.

Safety: A rupture in the Keystone XL pipeline could cause a BP style oil spill in America’s heartland, over the source of fresh drinking water for 2 million people. NASA’s top climate scientist says that fully developing the tar sands in Canada would mean “essentially game over” for the climate.
========================================================

The real motivating force behind this project is more profit for the big oil refineries. The same pack that fills the campaign coffers of their stooges in congress that are pushing this forward. People should wise up. Check the facts then follow the money. Don't be a gullible fool for Washington propaganda.

Keystone XL will not lessen U.S. dependence on foreign oil, but transport Canadian oil to American refineries for export to overseas markets. Keystone XL is an export pipeline. According to presentations to investors, Gulf Coast refiners plan to refine the cheap Canadian crude supplied by the pipeline into diesel and other products for export to Europe and Latin America. Proceeds from these exports are earned tax-free. Much of the fuel refined from the pipeline’s heavy crude oil will never reach U.S. drivers’ tanks.

Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially farmers
by draining midwestern refineries of cheap Canadian crude into export-oriented refineries in the Gulf Coast, Keystone XL will increase the cost of gas for Americans.

Few jobs will actually be created: In 2008, TransCanada’s Presidential Permit application for Keystone XL to the State Department indicated “a peak workforce of approximately 3,500 to 4,200 construction personnel” to build the pipeline. Jobs estimates above those listed in its application draw from a 2011 report commissioned by TransCanada that estimates 20,000 “person-years” of employment based on a non-public forecast model using undisclosed inputs provided by TransCanada. According to TransCanada’s own data, just 11% of the construction jobs on the Keystone I pipeline in South Dakota were filled by South Dakotans–most of them for temporary, low-paying manual labor.

Safety: A rupture in the Keystone XL pipeline could cause a BP style oil spill in America’s heartland, over the source of fresh drinking water for 2 million people. NASA’s top climate scientist says that fully developing the tar sands in Canada would mean “essentially game over” for the climate.

The real motivating force behind this project is more profit for the big oil refineries. The same pack that fills the campaign coffers of their stooges in congress that are pushing this forward. People should wise up. Check the facts then follow the money. Don't be a gullible fool for Washington propaganda.

Just more fear mongering propaganda. It will lessen our dependence on oil from nations who hate us. And that alone is incredibly positive. It will also create Thousands of Jobs for Americans who desperately need them. And it's actully "essentially game over' for the Global Warming Alarmists. No one wants to hear their Chicken Little fear mongering anymore. This pipeline will be a positive boost for our ailing economy and for our dependence on oil form those nations who hate us. Now it's only fear that's keeping this thing from going forward. And fear is not what America is or ever was about. This should be a done-deal.

Last edited:

Proceeds from these exports are earned tax-free.

Tax-free? Please explain further.

That's awful. We should build more American refineries, right?

A rupture in the Keystone XL pipeline could cause a BP style oil spill in America’s heartland, over the source of fresh drinking water for 2 million people.

Over? How far over?

NASA’s top climate scientist says that fully developing the tar sands in Canada would mean “essentially game over” for the climate.

A top scientist, or that lying sack of shit Hansen?

If we allow fear to conquer us,we can no longer advance and prosper. Yes,there are some environmental dangers with building this pipeline but that doesn't mean we shouldn't build it. There are always gonna be risks. But America was made great because it never got paralyzed with fear everytime it considered these kinds of large undertakings. We wouldn't have built so many of our great wonders of the past if we always succumbed to fear. This pipeline will be tough work and a bit risky but it is incredibly important. So let's do it.

Get a map out.

We can safely ship to China from routes available to us now without dealing with enviro whackos like Darryl Hannah.

Fuck you.

ETA; I'm making this shorter and more to the point. The fact that you even have to use the phrases "big oil" "follow the money" shows you are clearly a left wing moron.

Last edited:
If we allow fear to conquer us,we can no longer advance and prosper. Yes,there are some environmental dangers with building this pipeline but that doesn't mean we shouldn't build it. There are always gonna be risks. But America was made great because it never got paralyzed with fear everytime it considered these kinds of large undertakings. We wouldn't have built so many of our great wonders of the past if we always succumbed to fear. This pipeline will be tough work and a bit risky but it is incredibly important. So let's do it.

Did you see the data I put up that already has 21.000 miles of pipeline across the Ogala Aquifer?

250 miles of new pipeline would be from Keystone.

But there are already 21,000 miles from current pipelines. So all this "care about the environment" angle is bullshit propaganda. Now I'm personally uncomfortable with even that 21,000 miles worth because I truly beleive in good water stewardship but for the anti pipeline people to claim that they are worried about the aquifer now is more than disengenuous.

Last edited:
Get a map out douche bag.

We can safely ship to China from routes available to us now without dealing with enviro whackos like Darryl Hannah who by the way was caught on tape giving a blow job to John John screwing around on her wonderous husband Jackson Brown.

I hate her for that. But I digress. Now I really hate the stupid douche bag because she doesn't have a clue what she is protesting.

Now back to your idiocy you idiot.

Over 21,000 miles cross Ogala as I type you fucking fool. Now I'm a conservationist not a fucking stupid idiot keyboard warrior (how are you powering your bullshit on a keyboard by the way? wind or solar?)

I don't like the fact that any miles of pipeline cross this aquifer. But don't hand me shit over Keystone.

Fuck you.
====================================================
From the forum rules on language (they must have put this in there just for you)

"Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so."

Congratulations dumbass :lol:

The Republican "Master Debaters" are saying buying oil from another country is better than buying "foreign oil". Let's keep money in this country by buying Canadian oil.

They make my head spin. I want to say their foreign policy is worse, but all their polices seem about "equal".

Okay rdean. In your mind there is no difference between Canada and the Middle East. We will make a mental note of your intelligence. We would prefer "Drill Baby Drill" but your president doesn't.

The Republican "Master Debaters" are saying buying oil from another country is better than buying "foreign oil". Let's keep money in this country by buying Canadian oil.

They make my head spin. I want to say their foreign policy is worse, but all their polices seem about "equal".

What is the Democrat solution to buying foreign oil again? how does shutting down all drilling for oil on American soil help anyone?

Buy more oil from Canada and less from shyteholes like Venezuela and other Middle Eastern nations who hate us? What a no-brainer. Sign me up. What the Hell are they waiting for?

Oh man, can you believe these guys? I gave them plenty of time to try to reason things out, but could they? No.

It's a "business". There is no charity in business. It's why the "job creators" aren't "creating" jobs. Because there is no demand. Republicans "imagine" it's "uncertainty". But corporations are telling us why they aren't hiring. Let me say it again "NO DEMAND". Got it? Good!

Now apply that to Canadian oil.

Republicans think that if there is a problem in the Middle East, Canadians, who must love us so much, will continue to supply oil to us at the same cost no matter what happens.

That's only in the delusional minds of Republicans who live in "Republicanland".

If something happens in the Middle East, we aren't guaranteed to receive Canadian oil. They will put it on the open market to get every cent they can out of it. That's how things work in the "real world".

We need to become "energy independent". Sending American money to foreign countries is NOT the way. Unless you're a Republican. They always "imagine" an outcome and when it doesn't happen the way they "imagine", it's the fault of someone else. How neat and tidy.

You always make the weirdest assertions about what Republicans believe. You seem to assume that if there is a stupid assertion, Republicans believe it.

Canadians will not sell us the oil at cut rate prices. the mid east cuts us off, they cut us off. The Canadians will reap the benefit of mid east stupidity.

But the goal here is to not put ourselves at greatest possible risk. The canadians will, despite their affection for hockey, behave rationally and will be friendly. The mid east likes to cut its nose to spite its face on a regular basis.

So the question here is not to import or not to import. We have to import. The question in truth is from whom do we import and under what conditions. Do we put ourselves at the mercy of bat brained goof balls, or do we do a bit of mutual back scratching with a good and reliable friend who has always been there when we needed them?

If obama and the EPA would let us drill more oil on our own land we might not have to go anywhere for oil. But the EPA stops everything.

Like "birth defects". How long have you been pro "birth defects"?

You are an Ass. Our answer is Domestic Resources first. You obstruct it. Our next best answer is our long time friend and Ally Canada. What problem do you have with that? What is with you? RDean, you really need to check yourself in for an evaluation. Until you do, how about staying away from any transportation that utilizes fossil burning fuel in any way. Maybe you could stick to that foot powered transport in your Avatar. It seems so well suited to you.

What "domestic resources" are you talking about? Right wingers seem to think there is oil under all land everywhere. All you have to do is drill for it. If we had so much oil, the oil companies, who employ people with titles like "geologist", would have told us about it. They don't always have to drill to know what is under there.

Well, they haven't. Right wingers are only "imagining" we have all that oil. That's the basis for ALL their policies ---> imagination. If only the world worked they way they imagine it to be instead of they way it really works.

If obama and the EPA would let us drill more oil on our own land we might not have to go anywhere for oil. But the EPA stops everything.

Another jerk ass deflection.

The issue here is imports. We are going to import. Our choice is good guys or bad guys.

The poster you are referring to is giving a third option. We can drill in Alaska or off the coast of Florida. He is not saying we should just dump all environmental regulation. We should have more rational regulation vis a vis drilling vs imports.

If imports are bad, and if we have an alternative, we should go for that.

You really are one extremely stupid and dishonest prick.

You are an Ass. Our answer is Domestic Resources first. You obstruct it. Our next best answer is our long time friend and Ally Canada. What problem do you have with that? What is with you? RDean, you really need to check yourself in for an evaluation. Until you do, how about staying away from any transportation that utilizes fossil burning fuel in any way. Maybe you could stick to that foot powered transport in your Avatar. It seems so well suited to you.

When all these little enviro whackos post, I always wonder, how pray tell are they doing it?
Can you envision rdean with a solar panel and a wind farm? lol, that thought alone puts me over.

Is there a way to get hold of his therapist and beg that she ups the voltage on the next session?

"Enviro whackos". You mean those people who are against "birth defects"? Those people?

A "solar panel" and a "wind farm" and that's the only alternative to sending American money to foreign countries? That's why the right shouldn't be in charge. Their lack of insight and lack of a sound economic strategy based on science supported by study will leave us a banana republic.

Okay rdean. In your mind there is no difference between Canada and the Middle East. We will make a mental note of your intelligence. We would prefer "Drill Baby Drill" but your president doesn't.

If you don't show me where I said that, then you are a disgusting and stupid lying sack of shit. Now, put up or shut the fuck up. I'm tired of the ignorant who tell me what I said and then blast me for what they made up, the lying fucks.

Oh man, can you believe these guys? I gave them plenty of time to try to reason things out, but could they? No.

It's a "business". There is no charity in business. It's why the "job creators" aren't "creating" jobs. Because there is no demand. Republicans "imagine" it's "uncertainty". But corporations are telling us why they aren't hiring. Let me say it again "NO DEMAND". Got it? Good!

Now apply that to Canadian oil.

Republicans think that if there is a problem in the Middle East, Canadians, who must love us so much, will continue to supply oil to us at the same cost no matter what happens.

That's only in the delusional minds of Republicans who live in "Republicanland".

If something happens in the Middle East, we aren't guaranteed to receive Canadian oil. They will put it on the open market to get every cent they can out of it. That's how things work in the "real world".

We need to become "energy independent". Sending American money to foreign countries is NOT the way. Unless you're a Republican. They always "imagine" an outcome and when it doesn't happen the way they "imagine", it's the fault of someone else. How neat and tidy.

You always make the weirdest assertions about what Republicans believe. You seem to assume that if there is a stupid assertion, Republicans believe it.

Canadians will not sell us the oil at cut rate prices. the mid east cuts us off, they cut us off. The Canadians will reap the benefit of mid east stupidity.

But the goal here is to not put ourselves at greatest possible risk. The canadians will, despite their affection for hockey, behave rationally and will be friendly. The mid east likes to cut its nose to spite its face on a regular basis.

So the question here is not to import or not to import. We have to import. The question in truth is from whom do we import and under what conditions. Do we put ourselves at the mercy of bat brained goof balls, or do we do a bit of mutual back scratching with a good and reliable friend who has always been there when we needed them?

I'm sure they will behave very "rational" and be very "friendly". Then they will quadruple the price of their oil in the first two weeks and sell it to the highest bidder. That is something the Republicans would do. Imagine the Canadians will act like Republicans. That would be the "worst case scenario".

The issue here is imports. We are going to import. Our choice is good guys or bad guys.

The poster you are referring to is giving a third option. We can drill in Alaska or off the coast of Florida. He is not saying we should just dump all environmental regulation. We should have more rational regulation vis a vis drilling vs imports.

Who is this "we" that you're talking about?

I don't do any oil importing. Do you?

How is it you know there is oil in all those places but geologists employed by oil companies don't? And I wasn't the one who brought up the EPA. Find out the connection on EPA policies and birth defects. A little study and research might help your game.

Forum List

Back