Hilarious! GOP's answer to buying "foreign oil" is buying "foreign oil".

The Republican "Master Debaters" are saying buying oil from another country is better than buying "foreign oil". Let's keep money in this country by buying Canadian oil.

They make my head spin. I want to say their foreign policy is worse, but all their polices seem about "equal".

Okay rdean. In your mind there is no difference between Canada and the Middle East. We will make a mental note of your intelligence. We would prefer "Drill Baby Drill" but your president doesn't.

If you don't show me where I said that, then you are a disgusting and stupid lying sack of shit. Now, put up or shut the fuck up. I'm tired of the ignorant who tell me what I said and then blast me for what they made up, the lying fucks.

Canadian oil is "foreign oil." the last time I looked at the geopolitical map.

The Republican "Master Debaters" are saying buying oil from another country is better than buying "foreign oil". Let's keep money in this country by buying Canadian oil.

They make my head spin. I want to say their foreign policy is worse, but all their polices seem about "equal".

You are an Ass. Our answer is Domestic Resources first. You obstruct it. Our next best answer is our long time friend and Ally Canada. What problem do you have with that? What is with you? RDean, you really need to check yourself in for an evaluation. Until you do, how about staying away from any transportation that utilizes fossil burning fuel in any way. Maybe you could stick to that foot powered transport in your Avatar. It seems so well suited to you.

What "domestic resources" are you talking about? Right wingers seem to think there is oil under all land everywhere. All you have to do is drill for it. If we had so much oil, the oil companies, who employ people with titles like "geologist", would have told us about it. They don't always have to drill to know what is under there.

Well, they haven't. Right wingers are only "imagining" we have all that oil. That's the basis for ALL their policies ---> imagination. If only the world worked they way they imagine it to be instead of they way it really works.

What "domestic resources" are you talking about? Right wingers seem to think there is oil under all land everywhere.

You're hearing a lot of silly things from the imaginary right wing voices in your head.

If we had so much oil, the oil companies, who employ people with titles like "geologist", would have told us about it.

They told us about all the oil we could get from ANWR.
Why don't you want us to drill there?

You want to see a bunch of people run for cover? Let the Middle East blow up over an attack on Iran to stop their nuclear program...watch the price of oil skyrocket...and then watch Democrats who voted against the pipeline from Canada explain to their constituents why they will have to pay five bucks for a gallon of gas at the pump because our supply has been compromised.

You see oil is fungible ,a fancy term that means it is in constant demand and cannot be done with out. So when the ME blows up and supply is cut My Canadian oil will be sold to the highest bidder. (you know free market) and all gas will go for $10+/ US gallon.

In other words when the ME blows up all oil will go through the roof.

Oh man, can you believe these guys? I gave them plenty of time to try to reason things out, but could they? No.

It's a "business". There is no charity in business. It's why the "job creators" aren't "creating" jobs. Because there is no demand. Republicans "imagine" it's "uncertainty". But corporations are telling us why they aren't hiring. Let me say it again "NO DEMAND". Got it? Good!

Now apply that to Canadian oil.

Republicans think that if there is a problem in the Middle East, Canadians, who must love us so much, will continue to supply oil to us at the same cost no matter what happens.

That's only in the delusional minds of Republicans who live in "Republicanland".

If something happens in the Middle East, we aren't guaranteed to receive Canadian oil. They will put it on the open market to get every cent they can out of it. That's how things work in the "real world".

We need to become "energy independent". Sending American money to foreign countries is NOT the way. Unless you're a Republican. They always "imagine" an outcome and when it doesn't happen the way they "imagine", it's the fault of someone else. How neat and tidy.

You always make the weirdest assertions about what Republicans believe. You seem to assume that if there is a stupid assertion, Republicans believe it.

Canadians will not sell us the oil at cut rate prices. the mid east cuts us off, they cut us off. The Canadians will reap the benefit of mid east stupidity.

But the goal here is to not put ourselves at greatest possible risk. The canadians will, despite their affection for hockey, behave rationally and will be friendly. The mid east likes to cut its nose to spite its face on a regular basis.

So the question here is not to import or not to import. We have to import. The question in truth is from whom do we import and under what conditions. Do we put ourselves at the mercy of bat brained goof balls, or do we do a bit of mutual back scratching with a good and reliable friend who has always been there when we needed them?

I'm sure they will behave very "rational" and be very "friendly". Then they will quadruple the price of their oil in the first two weeks and sell it to the highest bidder. That is something the Republicans would do. Imagine the Canadians will act like Republicans. That would be the "worst case scenario".

Prices are set by market action. If prices quadruple, that is the nature of the way the system works.

What you are suggesting is we should not buy from the Canadians and instead buy from the Iranians.

Businesses trumps love. What can you do? But hate trumps business.

what you want to set up is a situation where we are put at higher risk by mandating we buy from the hating zanies, rather than the mildly friendly business partners.

but prices wouldn't quadruple if we don't stick our heads in the guillotine by making ourselves more dependent on the crazy people. If instead we buy from the rational folks, we won't face that headache.

You see oil is fungible ,a fancy term that means it is in constant demand and cannot be done with out. So when the ME blows up and supply is cut My Canadian oil will be sold to the highest bidder. (you know free market) and all gas will go for $10+/ US gallon.

In other words when the ME blows up all oil will go through the roof.

Hmmmmmm......with the pipeline, the ME blows up, oil will go through the roof, but we still get some from the pipeline.

Without the pipeline, the ME blows up, oil will go through the roof, but we won't get any from the pipeline.

I vote for the pipeline.

How is it you know there is oil in all those places but geologists employed by oil companies don't? And I wasn't the one who brought up the EPA. Find out the connection on EPA policies and birth defects. A little study and research might help your game.

You have more ways of being dishonest and stupid and fallacious than anyone else on the board.

I never said I know more than the geologists. We have places we can search. right now we are prevented by various rules that we can change and we can change our dependence on oil from unfriendly countries. These are the rules referred to. Not the other rules that are not part of the discussion that you are dragging in with your dishonest cancer scare.

You want to discuss the cancer thing, we can do that again. Last time we did that you got so badly owned it was almost like 6% all over again.:offtopic::oops:

This thread is about our options for supplying our selves with oil There are vast amounts untapped in the gulf and off the coast of florida. We have no idea how much, but large quantities seep out every day.

There are also large deposits in Alaska. How much, who knows. Producing our own oil is a better option than buying from people who hate us.

How foreign is Canada? Large numbers of them have been known to speak French, they like Hockey and they drink Molson's rather than Bud. :beer: Since we product such a small fraction of oil here, the question becomes who do we buy from. The Canadians or the Ayatollahs? For most folks this is a no brainer. But for some reason, the you find the question too complicated.:lame2:

You are an Ass. Our answer is Domestic Resources first. You obstruct it. Our next best answer is our long time friend and Ally Canada. What problem do you have with that? What is with you? RDean, you really need to check yourself in for an evaluation. Until you do, how about staying away from any transportation that utilizes fossil burning fuel in any way. Maybe you could stick to that foot powered transport in your Avatar. It seems so well suited to you.

What "domestic resources" are you talking about? Right wingers seem to think there is oil under all land everywhere. All you have to do is drill for it. If we had so much oil, the oil companies, who employ people with titles like "geologist", would have told us about it. They don't always have to drill to know what is under there.

Well, they haven't. Right wingers are only "imagining" we have all that oil. That's the basis for ALL their policies ---> imagination. If only the world worked they way they imagine it to be instead of they way it really works.

Did You Know??? Seems like the Government is price gouging Oil Exploration at every turn. Why am I not surprised?

FACT SHEET
March 2011
1220 L Street, NW | Washington, DC 20005-4070 Welcome To The API Website
NON-PRODUCING LEASES
The fact is "use it or lose it" already is the law. If companies do not produce oilor gas on leases then the leases must be returned to the government.
•
Companies are required under government leasing regulations to develop a leaseexpeditiously (between five- and 10-year terms depending on the area) or return it to thegovernment. In general, leases not producing by the end of their term are relinquishedback to the government, which can then re-lease them.
•
In addition, companies already pay a rental fee during the pre-production phase ofdevelopment. Rental fees on leases can now exceed $100 thousand annually on someleases. Rental rates increase in the later years of the lease.to encourage diligentdevelopment.
•
Companies invest billions of dollars to acquire and maintain their lease inventories. Inaddition to rental payments during the pre-production period, companies also pay abonus bid to acquire leases.
Oil companies holding leases are in the business of finding and producing oil andnatural gas, but a lease is only the first step.
•
In many cases, the administration itself is preventing the industry fromdeveloping leases by not issuing permits to drill on them. Companies cannot developexisting leases without drilling permits.

Exploratory drilling occurs only when the geological formation shows potential,which is often unknown until after the lease has been purchased and studied.

•
When companies decide to bid on a lease, there may be minimal information available toevaluate the resource potential of that lease. Because of the competitive nature of thedomestic oil and gas industry, companies are willing to risk capital to capture leaseswhile speculating on the resource potential these leases may contain.
•
Before drilling an exploratory well, companies may conduct seismic studies—whichrequire permitting—to determine if commercial quantities of hydrocarbons are likely. Ifthey believe commercial quantities exist, they will seek another permit for an exploratorywell. Developing a lease can be a complicated process. Detailed planning, permittingtimetables and regulatory and safety requirements must be met before development canoccur.

•
It is not uncommon for a company to spend $100 million to drill a well and find no oil orgas. Moreover, companies drill more wells that have no oil or gas than wells thatactually do.
Production will only occur if resources are found in commercial quantities.

Leases:

Here is something that might interest you.
http://www.eia.gov/oiaf/archive/aeo05/conf/pdf/dammer.pdf

Forum List

Back