High tolerance from pain? RA?

I did things like that too. I can't use knives well at all because my hand is just too bent so I had to get creative with meals. My daughter is old enough now to help me out but when I was married and even now I do everything I can do on my own and not ask for help. It was humiliating back then to ask so I have trained myself not to do so. I have always done the dishes and cleaned everything. I could not clean the tub when my daughter was small and my ex refused to so I had to ask my father to come do it for me. I bend at the waist to do any pick up work and with a small child that got to be interesting but hey I have a lot of flexibility in my legs and can still touch my toes without bending my knees. I am not thin from exercise believe it or not that shape is mostly RA. It keeps the body burning calories so if you are somewhat thin to start you stay that way. If you are heavy you diet without having to diet lol

Just thought of this as well...so much to keep track of I know, but you will get used to it as a meter of going down a check list every day. I do not know where you live, some regions are more stable than others. Where I live fall and spring are usually chaotic for my body. When air pressure changes occur it takes your body a day or two to adjust and you will hurt more. Where I live fall and spring have weather changes every few minutes. In a 15 minute span it could rain, hail, sunny then rain again. The constant change makes me dizzy because my body can't adjust. If the weather stays stable for a day or so then it subsides and I call it just regular hurt. These weather changes can cause flare ups. Just be aware of that along with all the other check list of foods and activities. It is a lot to consider and overwhelming at first. Hang in there

Went for a check up to the Rheumatologist today. Different doc again (third one I have seen at that office, docs keep leaving). This one said I am on WAY too much medication which is what I thought. I cut back on some of it myself a few weeks ago on my own. I confirmed three times with the previous doc that I was suppose to be on all that. Glad I didn't follow him to the other clinic he went to. So help me MD's think they are gods or something. I trust my naturopath way more than an MD. I freaked the heck out too because I have gained another 7 pounds. They say it from prednisone and going to be getting off that and the weight should come back down now that I can exercise. Docs and nurses think I am nuts for being so upset about my weight but they just do not understand that I have always been incredibly thin and to be within regular weight charts is not ordinary for me

Forum List

Back