High Schooler Recieves Felony For Having Fishing Knife In Tackle Box In Car On Campus

^ That may be true. But I'll bet you a bazillion dollars the kid is never charged with any felony and the OP is just sensationalizing :cool:

Most likely true.

There is so much violence today in schools, it isn't surprising the authorities are doing stuff like that, and a kid is either stupid or rebellious to not be aware of what he or she needs to have in their car or on their person while on school property. School violence is a hyper-sensitive issue nowadays.

This story has nothing to do with being black or white, so why is the OP mentioning race?

School boards and administrations are hypersensitive about everything.
They spend more time setting up special needs this and special needs that...Peanut free zones, special curriculum for the perpetually offended.
They have more kids in special classes than they do in regular classes.
Every time a kid whines that they object to particular lesson in a class, the parents run to the school and demand their kid get to have an alternative lesson because the teacher offended them. Or some nonsense about the teacher won't grade on a curve and the smart kids get all the advantages....The school administrators wet their drawers and cave to these unrealistic demands just to avoid litigation.
The more the kids and parents think they can get away with so their little cupcake doesn't have to work as hard as the other kids, the more they will try. And it all leads to the same thing. Hauling the school district into court.
If I was on a school board, I would tell the administration "Look, the next parent that storms into the office and threatens a suit, you tell them to go right ahead. We will litigate your suit into the next decade."
" Now ,you can pull your kid out and home school them if you like. But we will not cave to threats of suits. Then take out a stack of folders slam them on the desk and say, "do you see this? Do you think you are special? We get threats of suits every day by people just like you. Get in line".

In a perfect world, that is what school boards would do....but most are cowards.

That sounds great in theory, but a whole lot of school board actions are illegal and/or unethical and need sued just to snap them back in line. See also Kitzmiller v. Dover.

No DA will pursue this.....where's the "probable cause" to search his truck? And even if they get around that over the "scent" of a firecracker, unless his tackle box was open, anything they find inside was not in plain sight and therefore not admissable in court. The bigger issue is that cops are now following the PC crap coming from city governments and public schools instead of their own code of conduct....to ascertain the difference between law breakers and rule breakers. Putting a regular kid through this stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:
A general question - directed to ACLU mostly, but to anybody wanting to discuss.

Why the heck this tyranny of idiotic "zero-tolerance" rules ( not even LAWS!!!) has not been challenged in courts?
This is happening all over the country - the kid gets arrested at pointing a finger in a gun-fashion because of the "zero-tolerance" and all other similar gestapo-type treatment of the kids and teenagers - this is the violation AT LEAST of 3 Amendments - right there.

I would support such an effort financially, should anybody ever finally decide to challenge this in court.

ANYWHERE.

better yet - all over the country.

Unfortunately, a small percentage of idiots screwed it up for the rest of us. That's why we have laws and regulations.

The small percentage is why I fly private and all three of my homes are secured.

You own three homes.

Yes, and partnered on a vacation home.

And fly a private plane..

I don't hold a pilots license, so no. I do own a jet share with NetJets.

You are a one percenter.

My portfolio made $16.7M last year. You tell me.

Fucking hypocrite do as I say not as I do lib...

I've never told anyone 'do as I say'. I'm a liberal? I'm pro death penalty. Hello!

I am pro middle class.....huge difference.

This is why only 20% of those polled actually admitted to being liberal.

The better question, and in my view where the Democrats are missing the boat (so to speak) is: Are you pro middle class? Republicans in the last 40 years have done NOTHING for the middle class without giving a HUGE bump to the rich.

To me things like this is what give those who really do need to be under the microscope the ability to get away with all that they are guilty of. Could the powers that be come across as anymore brain dead?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^ That may be true. But I'll bet you a bazillion dollars the kid is never charged with any felony and the OP is just sensationalizing :cool:

Most likely true.

There is so much violence today in schools, it isn't surprising the authorities are doing stuff like that, and a kid is either stupid or rebellious to not be aware of what he or she needs to have in their car or on their person while on school property. School violence is a hyper-sensitive issue nowadays.

This story has nothing to do with being black or white, so why is the OP mentioning race?

School boards and administrations are hypersensitive about everything.
They spend more time setting up special needs this and special needs that...Peanut free zones, special curriculum for the perpetually offended.
They have more kids in special classes than they do in regular classes.
Every time a kid whines that they object to particular lesson in a class, the parents run to the school and demand their kid get to have an alternative lesson because the teacher offended them. Or some nonsense about the teacher won't grade on a curve and the smart kids get all the advantages....The school administrators wet their drawers and cave to these unrealistic demands just to avoid litigation.
The more the kids and parents think they can get away with so their little cupcake doesn't have to work as hard as the other kids, the more they will try. And it all leads to the same thing. Hauling the school district into court.
If I was on a school board, I would tell the administration "Look, the next parent that storms into the office and threatens a suit, you tell them to go right ahead. We will litigate your suit into the next decade."
" Now ,you can pull your kid out and home school them if you like. But we will not cave to threats of suits. Then take out a stack of folders slam them on the desk and say, "do you see this? Do you think you are special? We get threats of suits every day by people just like you. Get in line".

And your opponent in the next election would point out that your "reckless" policy has cost $2.5 million in legal bills, and you would get tossed out on your ear!

do the breaking of school rules now lead to criminal convictions?

well, then it surpasses Nazi Germany and Soviet Union combined in totalitarian degree of strangling the personal freedom.

Yes, some school rules lead to criminal convictions.

What the fuck sort of school did you go to? Students had to stay for detention for rape and murder?

:cuckoo:
are you a stalinist or a nazi?
school rules are just school rules - they are not laws and should not lead to criminal penalties.
this idiocy started with the gestapo approach of "zero tolerance" and the latter one is not more than a decade old. Even during early 2000s there were no such stupidity like it is rampant NOW

If the law states that weapons shall not be taken onto PUBLIC school property, then it's also a school rule.

And a simple one to follow.

Difficult to believe anyone can confuse this with Nazism or Stalinism unless they are completely bonkers.

Forum List

Back