High Noon

Lancer? Until recently it part of this new American broadcast rebirth dredging up old shows. I grew up in that era, We watched shows like Perry Mason or You bet you life with Groucho at the helm. We even had a chevy Nomad sitting in our driveway...Yess...

Lancer? Until recently it part of this new American broadcast rebirth dredging up old shows. I grew up in that era, We watched shows like Perry Mason or You bet you life with Groucho at the helm. We even had a chevy Nomad sitting in our driveway...Yess...
Lancer used to alternate with High Chaparral on the BBC. Chaparral was my favourite , an amazing show and one of the best ever.

Lancer used to alternate with High Chaparral on the BBC. Chaparral was my favourite , an amazing show and one of the best ever.
High Chaparral? Blue? Believe me, You romanticize the American west, we Americans romanticize British shows. I loved I Claudius. Adored Brides head revisited
or the original BBC series War and peace. Works of art, they were.

Last edited:
High Chaparral? Blue? Believe me, You romanticize the American west, we Americans romanticize British shows. I loved I Claudius. Adored Brides head revisited
or the original BBC series War and peace. Works of art, they were.
As a kid in sub zero Wales it was like a vision of the promised land. High Chaparral, Rockford Files etc were all filmed in warm places that looked amazing.

I think its probably the most realistic western ever made. A

Based on your extensive knowledge of the American frontier in the 19th Century?
It was hardly the frontier.

New Mexico Territory in the 19th Century isn't frontier?

Is this your expert opinion?
Define "frontier".
They had schools,churches,shops,roads,railways,telegraph and a town council. What qualifies them as "frontier" ?

Define "frontier".
They had schools,churches,shops,roads,railways,telegraph and a town council. What qualifies them as "frontier" ?

Territorial administrations not within the borders of the United States proper are on the periphery of Ameican hegemony and generally referred to in American History as 'frontier'.

As late as the mid 20th Century, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, and Midway were often referred to as frontier.

But why am I telling you? You claim superior expertise in American 19th Century History.

Define "frontier".

Territorial administrations not within the borders of the United States proper are on the periphery of Ameican hegemony and generally referred to in American History as 'frontier'.

As late as the mid 20th Century, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, and Midway were often referred to as frontier.

But why am I telling you? You claim superior expertise in American 19th Century History.
Well I would like to see where I have claimed that.
But anyway, did you like the film ?

Forum List

Back