2aguy's "Black Panther" review.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
It was an okay movie.....better than the last 2 Ironman movies, better than all the Thor movies and the Hulk movies....better than the non Toby Macguire spiderman movies......

It wasn't better than Winter Soldier, the best of the marvel movies....

The big problem was the cinematographer.......they have an all black costume, both the good guy's and the bad guy's.....and they kept putting them in black background scenery.....which made it hard to know what was going on...not to mention the poor camera work in the fight scenes.

The movie that did this right? Blade. In that movie you had a black actor in black clothing.....but they always shot him and any action in well lit sets......for example.....notice this fight scene at the beginning of Blade...notice that it is well lit, even though it is supposed to be a dark industrial setting..

You can see all of the action.....nothing is hidden by the black clothing........

And this sequence too...another well lit background for Wesley Snipes where you can see all of the action....

In the Black Panther, all of the big scenes, in Busan, and in the underground of Wakanda, are obcured by the dark background....

Then, the camera work on the fight scenes was pretty horrible too....

But other parts of the movie were okay......

I would wait for Redbox, or the cheap seats........not worth Imax, where we saw it....

Last edited:
I read this same complaint by a critic, who also said they used CGI too much for special effects.
He/She also rated the movie well, but stated the camera work and special effects were not done well.

Definately not better than the Captain America movies. But better than Dr Strange and Spider Man homecoming.
I liked the storyline even though they tried to throw TChalla's father ( a good king) under the bus to make the bad guy sympathetic. Didn't work. He was a douchebag and I didn't buy the poor me routine.

I agree with the lighting being too dark. Hollywood tends to do this a lot though. Apparently they think dark is cooler. See all of the DC movies.

What went well:
(1) Great acting
(2) Compelling villain
(3) Great supporting actresses
(4) Cool CGIs
(5) Great action sequences
(6) Black Panther was a very cool character

Cons:
(1) I can’t get passed the BS SJW mumbo-jumbo
(2) The revisionist history on black slavery (couldn’t happen with black tribes enslaving and selling black people)
(3) Anti-white overtone (the constant theme Black vs white suppressors theme. Even at the end during the UN speech)
(4) Couldn’t get passed an isolated closed country could be the most technologically advanced because of a precocious metal! Too much fantasy to support SJWs agenda.
(5) The white CIA guy. I hated his character. They had the Winter Soldier in Wakanda, why not use him in the movie. Bucky is awesome and they were afraid he would steal BP’s thunder! They only fear that of a black character. They didn’t fear RDJ doing that to Spiderman or Hulk or Valk doing that to Thor!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What went well:
(1) Great acting
(2) Compelling villain
(3) Great supporting actresses
(4) Cool CGIs
(5) Great action sequences
(6) Black Panther was a very cool character

Cons:
(1) I can’t get passed the BS SJW mumbo-jumbo
(2) The revisionist history on black slavery (couldn’t happen with black tribes enslaving and selling black people)
(3) Anti-white overtone (the constant theme Black vs white suppressors theme. Even at the end during the UN speech)
(4) Couldn’t get passed an isolated closed country could be the most technologically advanced because of a precocious metal! Too much fantasy to support SJWs agenda.
(5) The white CIA guy. I hated his character. They had the Winter Soldier in Wakanda, why not use him in the movie. Bucky is awesome and they were afraid he would steal BP’s thunder! They only fear that of a black character. They didn’t fear RDJ doing that to Spiderman or Hulk or Valk doing that to Thor!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Agreed about The Winter Soldier. I kept wondering why when the BP was thought dead they didn't get him out of deep freeze to help them. He would have been my FIRST choice.

It made no sence that they didn't utilize him...so much so I kept wondering where he was.

It was pretty much just racist propaganda aimed at children.

In other news, I watched My Darling Clementine early this morning, and it is still one of my top ten westerns of all time; it never gets old. Hope they don't 'colorize' it, at least until after I'm dead.

Forum List

Back