High Court Kills Whistleblower Protection

Kathianne said:
Can be. At the same time, the accused must be afforded the same protections as if it were the cops coming after, no?

That's why the Court's always had a balancing test. (The one Souter talks about). Seems it no longer exists.

jillian said:
That's why the Court's always had a balancing test. (The one Souter talks about). Seems it no longer exists.
Wow, seems we are on different planets. Seems to me the court came down on establishing the accused has rights. You seem to be arguing, a moot point btw, that the plaintiff is correct, by virtue of bringing an accusation?

dmp said:
What a PIECE OF SHIT article. HOLY LORD ABOVE what the hell happened to non-biased journalism.

wow.

Funny. It accurately sets forth the facts and the holding and quotes people on both sides of the argument as well as acknowledges that it's a victory for the Bush Administration. I'm not sure how that's "biased".

Weird. ;)

Kathianne said:
Wow, seems we are on different planets. Seems to me the court came down on establishing the accused has rights. You seem to be arguing, a moot point btw, that the plaintiff is correct, by virtue of bringing an accusation?

The guy reported prosecutorial misconduct. It's not that he's correct by virtue of bringing an accusation. That would have been determined in the employment case when the Court would have had the opportunity to see if they did, in fact, retaliate against him. This decision just de-fangs the employment laws which prohibit retaliation IF it can be proven at trial.

It was already inhumanly difficult to prove one of these cases. This just made it pretty much impossible because it gives them a free pass to retaliate against anyone who speaks out.

jillian said:
The guy reported prosecutorial misconduct. It's not that he's correct by virtue of bringing an accusation. That would have been determined in the employment case when the Court would have had the opportunity to see if they did, in fact, retaliate against him. This decision just de-fangs the employment laws which prohibit retaliation IF it can be proven at trial.

It was already inhumanly difficult to prove one of these cases. This just made it pretty much impossible because it gives them a free pass to retaliate against anyone who speaks out.
ok, I'll have to read the case, but probably not until the weekend. In the meantime, the SCOTUS has prevented another travesty! :laugh: ;)

Kathianne said:
ok, I'll have to read the case, but probably not until the weekend. In the meantime, the SCOTUS has prevented another travesty! :laugh: ;)

Heh....or cause one. (sorry, my smilies aren't working again or I'd have clicked on the "cheers" thingy)

I only gave it a quick read myself. I figure I'll print it out at some point and spend a little more time sorting it out.

G'night.

Forum List

Back