Backward law?

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
I would like to tell you about a ceratin (and at the time very debated) Swedish law.

Then I would like to hear what you think of it, because it is a law that goes against what I belive is the American concept of justice but it also (I think) talks straight to the American concept of morallity.

In Sweden prostitution is illegal. But the law is constructed like this:

It is not criminal to be a prostitute (selling of sex).
It is criminal to buy sex.
It is criminal to administer selling of sex. (selling of sex on behalf of someone else).

The reasoning is that it is the buyers market, therefore the buyers are considered to be in control, so to say. Punishing prostitutes is regarded as useless since (in many cases) it is their social situation that make them resort to prostitution anyway.

Compared to any other law it is totally backwards: Try it on drugs, - the dealer is not a criminal, only the buyer.

It's just another retarded extension of the victimization attitude. In order to think this is anything resembling a just law, you have to come to the whacked out conclusion that prostitutes are somehow forced to be prostitutes.

...Hobbit - don't you know that people are ALWAYS forced into their situations? I mean - think about it.

Gays are FORCED into homosexuality by their deviant desires.
Poor people are FORCED into welfare by their laziness - oops! I mean 'not enough spending on after-school programs'.

:-/

Forum List

Back