Hiding a college transcript v hiding tax returns

Yup. Nobody seals records without a very good reason.

Wonder what Barrys are.

Trade off. Mitts tax returns for Barrys college transcripts.

Wonder which will be the more interesting to read??

Only one could possibly have evidence that a crime was committed.

If a crime has been committed and resulted in a conviction it would surely be revealed when Romney is vetted.What else have you got? That's rhetorical BTW.....

Not all crimes result in conviction, esp. for the affluent. In 2009 the IRS allowed 14,700 rich folks to admit to committing a crime of tax fraud in exchange for immunity, anonymity, and paying some of the money they owed. It similar to "pre-trial diversion" programs for drug offenders, in which guilt must be admitted in writing.

More reasons to keep those college records sealed.. His name was Barry Soetoro. He got more than just few bad grades. He was entered on Affirmative Action admission. He had controversial papers Perhaps he didn't graduate.

And, possibly, claimed foreign citizenship for admissions advantage or financial aid.

That wouldn't even be on a transcript. Transcripts contain courses taken and grades received and honors received, they wouldn't have anything about the admissions process in them.

You want Romney's complete tax returns instead of the financial reports he's required to file, yet are perfectly OK with Obama releasing transcripts instead of the complete college records?

spock_fascinating.jpg

And, possibly, claimed foreign citizenship for admissions advantage or financial aid.

That wouldn't even be on a transcript. Transcripts contain courses taken and grades received and honors received, they wouldn't have anything about the admissions process in them.

You want Romney's complete tax returns instead of the financial reports he's required to file, yet are perfectly OK with Obama releasing transcripts instead of the complete college records?

spock_fascinating.jpg

I personally don't see how college records are equivalent to tax returns.

spock_fascinating.jpg

I do. Both are private unless a law requires them to be released.

Yet people are yammering to have access to Romney's private records, yet they give Obama a pass on granting access to his.

And yes, before you go there, I also think it's hypocritical for the other side to want Obama's, and pass Romney's. It's all stupid. All I care about is who has the better chance of pulling the country out of the mess it's in.

Lets compare the two

Hiding a college transcript could be used to cover up
- getting a bad grade
- dropped and incomplete classes
- being allowed to withdraw from a class after the drop date

Hiding a tax return cold be used to cover up
- participation in a taxpayer amnesty program (admission of being guilty of a crime)
- tax penalties paid for not paying taxes on time
- fees received for lobbying Congress

Anyone got anything else?

EXACTLY do you have anything else?

Who cares about Obama's transcrips or Romney's Tax returns.....neither one really will tell us anything important about how obama has been over the last 4 years or how romney might be over the next 4.

spock_fascinating.jpg

A snapshot into history is all either one is... but since one fits your agenda and one does not, you have an obvious reaction when the transcript is called for

spock_fascinating.jpg

A snapshot into history is all either one is... but since one fits your agenda and one does not, you have an obvious reaction when the transcript is called for

They both reveal different aspects of ones history. One has to do with obligations one has to one's fellow citizens. One does not.

I know that's a distinction that would blow your mind to bits.

spock_fascinating.jpg

Yet people are yammering to have access to Romney's private records, yet they give Obama a pass on granting access to his.

And yes, before you go there, I also think it's hypocritical for the other side to want Obama's, and pass Romney's. It's all stupid. All I care about is who has the better chance of pulling the country out of the mess it's in.

Obama refusing to release college records going all the way back to 1979 is the same as Romney refusing to go back to 2009 with his tax returns.

Got it.

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns

Makes complete sense considering Romney had completely opposite views on many issues in 2009 as he does today (the health care mandate being the most notable). A man who etch-a-sketches a new self as needed probably doesn't even know himself what's in those returns.

Last edited:
I would rather see Obama's college thesis papers than Romney's tax returns.

Likely, Obama won't release them because they would easily prove that Obama is a goddamned Marxist, an enemy of capitalism, an enemy of the US Constitution and an enemy of the United States. We would get to much truth from his college writings concerning what he REALLY meant by his desire to fundamentally transform this country.

You libs need to face up to the ugly truth...you have been duped by a goddamned slick talkin', lying Marxist.

Obama refusing to release college records going all the way back to 1979 is the same as Romney refusing to go back to 2009 with his tax returns.

Got it.

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns

Makes complete sense considering Romney had completely opposite views on many issues in 2009 as he does today (the health care mandate being the most notable). A man who etch-a-sketches a new self as needed probably doesn't even know himself what's in those returns.

But everyone's not asking for him to go back to 2009. They want him to go back to 1999 to see if they can find something from Bain to smear him with.

And nothing in the law requires him to release his tax returns, just as nothing in the law requires Obama to release his college records.

It's a sad day in this country when people want to have fishing expeditions to decide who to vote for to lead us for 4 years, instead of asking them what they can do to make it a better place.

They both reveal different aspects of ones history. One has to do with obligations one has to one's fellow citizens. One does not.

I know that's a distinction that would blow your mind to bits.

No... it is personal history for both...

please remind me how many returns Reagan submitted

Lets compare the two

- getting a bad grade

- participation in a taxpayer amnesty program (admission of being guilty of a crime)

Fact: Mitt gave tax returns.... Nothing was wrong so you want more.

Fact: Obama ran as a transparent intellectual President but has done more to hide his past and the process to pass policies than any President in US history.

Do I care about Obama's grades? No... What I do care about is that he hides them while claiming to be Mr. Transparent, attack Mitt on his tax returns despite the fact that Mitt has released tax returns and that Obama supporters claim Obama is smarter than Bush.

The real question is why do you want (lol, want… I mean demand!) to see MORE of Mitt’s tax returns but not care to see a single grade Obama got?

Lets compare the two

- getting a bad grade

The logical conclusion, i.e., the sort of conclusion that conservatives aren't interested in unless it suits their agenda, is that Romney paid a lower rate than 14% in at least some of the years he's hiding.

The big problem for Romney in showing how low a rate he paid those years is that his tax plan is based primarily on the argument that people like himself need to pay LOWER rates.

Lets compare the two

- getting a bad grade

The logical conclusion, i.e., the sort of conclusion that conservatives aren't interested in unless it suits their agenda, is that Romney paid a lower rate than 14% in at least some of the years he's hiding.

The big problem for Romney in showing how low a rate he paid those years is that his tax plan is based primarily on the argument that people like himself need to pay LOWER rates.

You sound as shallow as the conservatives harping about Obama's college transcripts.

Seriously neither one tells us anything we need to know about how Romeny might be over the next for years or how Obama was over the last 4 years.

What I’m waiting for is Obama and Mitt to be in a debate and the host asks Mitt, “A lot of controversy revolves around you not releasing more of your tax returns, any plans to release more?” Then Mitt looks over at Obama and says, tomorrow at 1PM I’ll release 10 years of tax returns if Obama releases his grades from collage at the same time.

Maybe that has been the plan all along?

Lets compare the two

- getting a bad grade

The logical conclusion, i.e., the sort of conclusion that progressives aren't interested in unless it suits their agenda, is that Obama’s grades were lower than expected, at least all of the years he's hiding.

BTW that's what getting fucking owned looks like. Don't trip over your hypocrisy.

I find it funny that Reid or Pelosi has not shown any tax returns either. What are they hiding ..
Lets compare the two

- getting a bad grade

Obama doesn't want his grades seen because they would show he was slacker back then like he is now as President..

also show is isn't all the bright..

Does anyone realize that Bush didn't release his college grades? They were leaked by someone else.

There is no precedent for releasing transcripts, but there is one for tax returns...set by Romney's father at that.

when does Obama RELEASE his college transcripts so we can see if he defrauded us?

Yup. Nobody seals records without a very good reason.

Wonder what Barrys are.

Trade off. Mitts tax returns for Barrys college transcripts.

Wonder which will be the more interesting to read??

Only one could possibly have evidence that a crime was committed.

Who says anything about a crime??

Oh wait. I forgot. Your hoping Romney is guilty of some crime. LOL

I'm more interested in Barrys SEALED transcripts. No one seals documents without a very good reason.

Wonder what those reasons are??

Forum List

Back