Hiding a college transcript v hiding tax returns

Romney released his tax returns...
you would think Obama would want to show his transcripts to PROVE just how brilliant he is, no? Or that is all manufactured just like everything else about his life

Does anyone realize that Bush didn't release his college grades? They were leaked by someone else.

There is no precedent for releasing transcripts, but there is one for tax returns...set by Romney's father at that.

Actually, there is a precedent for releasing transcripts.

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

Kerry earned D's at Yale, transcript shows - politics - NBCNews.com

Does anyone realize that Bush didn't release his college grades? They were leaked by someone else.

There is no precedent for releasing transcripts, but there is one for tax returns...set by Romney's father at that.

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

Hardly precedent...but a nice try.

Now, if I were the President I would agree to release my transcripts when Romney lets us see 10 years of tax returns.

I believe Obama went to school as a foreign student, qualifying for funding not available to US citizens. Why else would he seal his college records?? Who gives a crap what his grades were, I wanna know how it was paid for.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Now, if I were the President I would agree to release my transcripts when Romney lets us see 10 years of tax returns.

What is your definition for precedent? Here's mine.
prec·e·dent
   [n. pres-i-duhnt; adj. pri-seed-nt, pres-i-duhnt] Show IPA
noun
Law . a legal decision or form of proceeding serving as an authoritative rule or pattern in future similar or analogous cases.
any act, decision, or case that serves as a guide or justification for subsequent situations.
Precedent | Define Precedent at Dictionary.com

It seems to me that John Kerry authorizing the release of his transcript should serve as a guide or justification for Pres. Obama to release his.

I believe Obama went to school as a foreign student, qualifying for funding not available to US citizens. Why else would he seal his college records?? Who gives a crap what his grades were, I wanna know how it was paid for.

You birther people have made such fools of yourselves over the years that none of your demands for information on Obama will ever again be taken seriously, by normal Americans.

You birther people have made such fools of yourselves over the years that none of your demands for information on Obama will ever again be taken seriously, by normal Americans.

hopefully in a few months we won't have care about his information or him
the joke will be over

What's your point? People wanted to see tax records so Mitt Dad did so, and look how it changed things. Obama won't release grades despite almost everyone wanting to know, even his own supporters. At every turn that Obama could be a great President he takes the road of “biggest let down” as President.

I like the part where you show yet again that Obama is no different than Bush....

Lets compare the two

Hiding a college transcript could be used to cover up
- getting a bad grade
- dropped and incomplete classes
- being allowed to withdraw from a class after the drop date

Hiding a tax return cold be used to cover up
- participation in a taxpayer amnesty program (admission of being guilty of a crime)
- tax penalties paid for not paying taxes on time
- fees received for lobbying Congress

Anyone got anything else?

The logical conclusion, i.e., the sort of conclusion that conservatives aren't interested in unless it suits their agenda, is that Romney paid a lower rate than 14% in at least some of the years he's hiding.

The big problem for Romney in showing how low a rate he paid those years is that his tax plan is based primarily on the argument that people like himself need to pay LOWER rates.

You sound as shallow as the conservatives harping about Obama's college transcripts.

Seriously neither one tells us anything we need to know about how Romeny might be over the next for years or how Obama was over the last 4 years.

Do you deny that the central theme of GOP tax policy is the need to keep rates low, or lower rates,

on the 'job creators'?

That's quite an amusing argument to try to make if you're a multi-millionaire who's already been paying 10% or so for years.

Central theme for the conservative tax policy is flat tax.. equal taxation for all on every dollar earned...

So if you don't like the GOP policy, come to equality rather than class warfare

The logical conclusion, i.e., the sort of conclusion that conservatives aren't interested in unless it suits their agenda, is that Romney paid a lower rate than 14% in at least some of the years he's hiding.

The big problem for Romney in showing how low a rate he paid those years is that his tax plan is based primarily on the argument that people like himself need to pay LOWER rates.

You sound as shallow as the conservatives harping about Obama's college transcripts.

Seriously neither one tells us anything we need to know about how Romeny might be over the next for years or how Obama was over the last 4 years.

Do you deny that the central theme of GOP tax policy is the need to keep rates low, or lower rates,

on the 'job creators'?

That's quite an amusing argument to try to make if you're a multi-millionaire who's already been paying 10% or so for years.

Yes I disagree. The central theme of the GOP tax policy it to keep rates low and lower rates for all income levels, which include job creators while cutting back on the size and scope of govt drastically.

prec·e·dent
noun
Law . a legal decision or form of proceeding serving as an authoritative rule or pattern in future similar or analogous cases.
any act, decision, or case that serves as a guide or justification for subsequent situations.

It seems to me that John Kerry authorizing the release of his transcript should serve as a guide or justification for Pres. Obama to release his.

Right...one guy doing it once versus dozens of candidates doing it for decades.

What could transcripts be hiding versus what tax returns could be hiding? Betcha the tax returns are FAR more damaging than anything the President's transcripts could be hiding.

Romney could put it all to rest, but doesn't think "you people" need to know.

on the 'job creators'?

How is Obama's tax policy any different? You know, tha actual policy Obama passed and put his name on. Obama claims to be one of the biggest tax cutters in US history.

Man people on these boards or so full of shit it's amazing.

Central theme for the conservative tax policy is flat tax.. equal taxation for all on every dollar earned...

So if you don't like the GOP policy, come to equality rather than class warfare

The GOP hasn't really adopted the flat tax as an official stance...YET!

I personally like that idea a lot. My personal take is that everyone should pay whatever the necessary percentage would have to be but that ALL taxpayers, regardless of income level, would have the first 30k of income exempted from taxes

on the 'job creators'?

How is Obama's tax policy any different? You know, tha actual policy Obama passed and put his name on. Obama claims to be one of the biggest tax cutters in US history.

Man people on these boards or so full of shit it's amazing.

That is actually a really good point.

prec·e·dent
noun

Right...one guy doing it once versus dozens of candidates doing it for decades.

What could transcripts be hiding versus what tax returns could be hiding? Betcha the tax returns are FAR more damaging than anything the President's transcripts could be hiding.

Romney could put it all to rest, but doesn't think "you people" need to know.

"you people"
:lmao:

I don't need to know.

I don't want to know.

I want to know what they are going to do for the country. Sadly, we're not getting that from either side. Just attack, after attack, after attack, ad nauseum.

Yes I disagree. The central theme of the GOP tax policy it to keep rates low and lower rates for all income levels, which include job creators while cutting back on the size and scope of govt drastically.

Nope.

Spending <- the man republicans have chosen as the ultimate representative to run for the Office of the President disagrees with you.

Lets compare the two

Hiding a college transcript could be used to cover up
- getting a bad grade
- dropped and incomplete classes
- being allowed to withdraw from a class after the drop date

Hiding a tax return cold be used to cover up
- participation in a taxpayer amnesty program (admission of being guilty of a crime)
- tax penalties paid for not paying taxes on time
- fees received for lobbying Congress

Anyone got anything else?

The logical conclusion, i.e., the sort of conclusion that progressives aren't interested in unless it suits their agenda, is that Obama’s grades were lower than expected, at least all of the years he's hiding.

BTW that's what getting fucking owned looks like. Don't trip over your hypocrisy.

You're comparing two unrelated items. That's idiocy.

Spending <- the man republicans have chosen as the ultimate representative to run for the Office of the President disagrees with you.

Well i guess the nuance lies in the definition of the word 'drastically.' I don't think either of the two major parties are capable of making the necessary drastic cuts the government needs to get remotely solvent.

Forum List

Back