Hi from Iowa

And they teach writing like no one's business.
Not up on current schools and such but I can say Rod has excellent writing skills. He graduated in Iowa. Me not so much but then Iowa isn't my home state; nor did I really give a hoot about those skills for many years as I just had someone else do that writing and stuff for me.

Not up on current schools and such but I can say Rod has excellent writing skills. He graduated in Iowa. Me not so much but then Iowa isn't my home state; nor did I really give a hoot about those skills for many years as I just had someone else do that writing and stuff for me.
Their MFA is counted as one of the best on the planet. My Uncle had the privilege to teach in the course for a few years.

Like you, I wished I had pursued it. Either way, I'll always be a Hawkeyes fan!

GO HAWKS! hehe

Their MFA is counted as one of the best on the planet. My Uncle had the privilege to teach in the course for a few years.

Like you, I wished I had pursued it. Either way, I'll always be a Hawkeyes fan!

GO HAWKS! hehe
I never had the desire and even now I just desire to be able to articulate things well enough people can understand what I am talking about when I write things down. I more of a visual type and writing is just not inline for me when it compares to creating something beautiful. I'd rather paint a picture or sculpt something; even messing with video and graphics I find easier than writing.

I never had the desire and even now I just desire to be able to articulate things well enough people can understand what I am talking about when I write things down. I more of a visual type and writing is just not inline for me when it compares to creating something beautiful. I'd rather paint a picture or sculpt something; even messing with video and graphics I find easier than writing.
I used to have, 'the gift' of creative writing. I've let it go to waste.

I used to have, 'the gift' of creative writing. I've let it go to waste.
Rod used to write me poems. He wrote a book based on an experience he had shortly before we met using creativity to hide the actually people involved. Some publishers that read it were thrilled with it but wanted more than just that one story and he hasn't done any more yet.

Welcome to the Jungle View attachment 600655
We have a saying in MN that the best thing out of Iowa is I-35.
:p
A friend of mine from Iowa said they were considering ceding the top tier of counties in Iowa to Minnesota. They figured that would raise the IQs in both states. IA & MN apparently have the same tradition of knocking each other.

There's a baseball field there, that caused me to come. Never been in Iowa before...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back