hey

Harper

Rookie
Dec 14, 2012
Tennessee
Hey i'm Harper from Tennessee. I've never really posted on these things before but it was the first site to come up when I searched for a political message board and so here we go. I mostly agree with a more republican point of view but I'm not super conservative or anything like that. If you have questions then just ask me I guess.

My most recent granddaughter is named Harper. She has a cleft palate which means a surgery in January at age four months.

I lived south of Knoxville for 7 years. Quite a culture shock moving from Illinois. But I soon got to like the people and the culture. And grits. :D

Been to Chat. Nice town.

I lived south of Knoxville for 7 years. Quite a culture shock moving from Illinois. But I soon got to like the people and the culture. And grits. :D

Been to Chat. Nice town.

Nice! Yeah I thought about leaving tennessee after i graduated college a couple of years ago but i felt i'd miss it too much.

My most recent granddaughter is named Harper. She has a cleft palate which means a surgery in January at age four months.

That sucks im sorry. Hopefully everything works out. She has a great name though :)

A lot of personality in that little body too. Thing about her cleft palate is, we know that the problem exists and is fixable. She has been genetically tested and all her vital organs throughly checked out. Some people have bigger problems and less chance they can be fixed.

Everyone has obstacles in their life, its what you do about it that defines you.

That sucks im sorry. Hopefully everything works out. She has a great name though :)

A lot of personality in that little body too. Thing about her cleft palate is, we know that the problem exists and is fixable. She has been genetically tested and all her vital organs throughly checked out. Some people have bigger problems and less chance they can be fixed.

Everyone has obstacles in their life, its what you do about it that defines you.

No i completely agree. I'm sure she will be fine

A lot of our landscape plants come from the Tennessee area. We have to season them here in Michigan, but they usually do well.

Are you employed in the field you studied in college? I seem to have found a ton of other things to do, not directly related to my degree.

Are you employed in the field you studied in college? I seem to have found a ton of other things to do, not directly related to my degree.

For the most part. I majored in civil engineering but out of college I wasn't sure where I wanted to work and so I am actually working for my dad's company right now which is a construction business. He hooks me up with his engineers and business partners to help me get a little more real life experience, so it's nice.

For the most part. I majored in civil engineering but out of college I wasn't sure where I wanted to work and so I am actually working for my dad's company right now which is a construction business. He hooks me up with his engineers and business partners to help me get a little more real life experience, so it's nice.

Have any neat bridge designs in mind?

Have any neat bridge designs in mind?

:) not yet but maybe one day

Been to Chat. Nice town.

Nice! Yeah I thought about leaving tennessee after i graduated college a couple of years ago but i felt i'd miss it too much.

I miss it a lot. Being so close to the Smoky Mountains was awesome.

And the thing about folks in TN, even the meanest S.O.B. would at least look you in the eye and give a nod.

Hi Harper, and welcome :eusa_angel:

I'm sure you'll enjoy popping in to this board - I know I have.

Civil engineering was something I never considered at an early age - mainly because I'd no idea what it was .. :D

I went into electrical engineering, and soon found out that stuff needs to get built before any of (in my world) the electrics could happen. :eusa_clap:

I did find though that civil engineering was more enjoyable in good weather rather than bad :lol:

Anyway, nice to meet you - and so young (sigh) ..

Seems like just yesterday Harper was making her first post and now she's out on the board.

<sniffle>

Oh wait...it was yesterday.

Forum List

Back