Hey Mods/Admins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, Gracie.

I'd expect that from a n00b, but you've been here for over a year. You should know this by now!

I know...but don't you think it is getting a tad overboard lately?

Yes, I do.

Especially since a number of threads have been specifically about Bodey or myself. And Amelia is busy, busy, busy, busy down there making new threads.

That being said, 1st amendments rights and all - people are allowed to do it.

Plus, [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION], if you look, there is actually a lot of activity in other areas. The elections section is picking up, the politics section is usually quite full, the lounge is hopping, so all in all, I think things are running pretty smoothly here and even with lots of FZ muck and mire, it's still quite fun.

sometime i spend hours just reading on here....you can select what threads you want to participate in and what threads you want to ignore or not participate in.....i voice my objection to this forum becoming a stormfront lite all the time...but damn it is that free speech issue once again....bigots, mean girls etc and so forth all have the right to speak freely....it is up to the listener or reader what they take in or select not to take in

:eusa_clap:

This is at least the second thread by Gracie asking the mods to censure people. She seems to think that if someone posts something she doesn't like it should be deleted. Last I checked there is no post restrictions on how many threads one can start nor on what the topic is in the flame zone.

Perhaps Gracie should take a break so that her desire to restrict free speech is not over taxed by the freedoms on this board.

Where did I ask them to censure someone or delete what someone says? Again, for the mentally ill, I asked a question. Sarge, you have a woody for me lately. I don't know if I should be flattered or if I should think it ....."creepy".

There's a new topic for y'all. Sarge's woody for Gracie.:lol:

And I bet if you ask her, Amelia will get on that one right away!!

That is all.

Just an idea or two:

There are forums where 1st amendment still applies almost completely as here, but personal attacks on fellow members - outside of a place like the FZ - are not alllowed at all.

For instance, if you are in the gardening forum and writing something about, I don't know, Azealeas, and someone comes in and writes "you got no idea how to water Azealias, you fucknut" - that kind of posting, although it is not necessarily off topic, would be bannable, because it's a direct attack.

But that makes for a lot more work for mods, who are supposed to moderate here lightly.

The other idea, one that would be worth considering, would be that of thread bans.

There are forums where, instead of being banned from the forum for an infraction, people are first thread banned for content that didn't meet the rules' standards, content that they contributed on that specific thread. Those sites usually have a list at the top of the thread with something like

"the following members have been thread banned: kumquat437, Idontknowandidontcare, Obotzsuck, changey90610 and Remorseisgood. Please do not respond to their postings".

Those forums have a policy something like, if you get three tb's within a certain time-frame, yer gone. Kind of like a three-strikes policy.

I'm not saying that USMB should do this. I am saying that it exists and appears to function pretty well.

Let's go back to the personal attacks issue, which is probably what bothers Gracie the most, and I can understand that. In the real world, you can insult people in the open, but don't be surprised if they slug you for it. You can walk into a bar and, without provocation, call someone a "cocksucker", but if he stands up and decks you and you land in the hospital, then it's yer own damned fault. But here in Etherland, scurrying around under the cloak of anonymity, people rarely feel the actual pain for their words (or actions) that they would feel in the real world. Whether that's good, bad or indifferent, I will leave up to you all, but the phenonemon exists, to be sure.

For the admin and mods: maybe thinking about a thread-ban mode with the next software upgrade might not be such a bad thing to consider. It could, I imagine, actually save mods some unneccessary work. I am not saying it has to be. I am saying that it exists and appears to be effective.

Gotta have balance, Chuck. All nice nice would make the board off kelter. Gotta have a place to vent. But when the venting gets out of whack and starts to override...that is when things need to be closed or moderated or something. Too much of one or the other makes everything topsy turvy. Its just been kinda bad lately is all. Maybe tonights mudfest took care of the puffed up boil that formed and now it has drained..until it puffs up again.

I'm glad your boil of rage has been lanced. I'm sure you feel all better - until the next time you go full metal jacket. :thup:

:lol:

Is this place going to be doomed to nothing but flame threads when someone clicks New Posts or Active topics? Bodey this, Bodey that, So and So is Creepy, Creepy this, Creepy that.

When was the last time someone NEW joined here and STAYED? Been awhile, hasn't it?
Hello??? Anyone home here or is the place left to this crap 24/7?

I guess what we need are more fun forums.

Trying, Chuck. Pacers thread The Fireplace is cool. Cheers is going pretty well too. CS is pumpin' right along, as is Eye Candy, just to name a few.

I dunno. Just seems so....negative lately here. It's a downer, man. (Shades of the 70's).

That happens around here leading in to elections.

For some stupid reason, Americans still think that there has to be a loser in that particular game, and that attitude is a real buzz-kill on a political message board during season.

Hang in there, kids.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ZAEXoXNTQ]Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds - The Magic Time Travelers - YouTube[/ame]

Ummm, I just checked the FZ. Yurt started 6 threads on Bodey all pretty much at the same time. And the one about Stat is gone.

This place is fun and works well but my advice is the FZ should be renamed the nuthouse.

That is all. :lol:

That's progress. It used to be called 'The Sandbox'.

:eek: Have you any idea how many LoL Cats that can attract?!?​

Ummm, I just checked the FZ. Yurt started 6 threads on Bodey all pretty much at the same time. And the one about Stat is gone.

This place is fun and works well but my advice is the FZ should be renamed the nuthouse.

Are you saying it was unintended pussy-bait???

:D

Are you saying it was unintended pussy-bait???

:D

Watch your mouth, Mr November sock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back