Hey, Mitt; ya missed a spot.

Like your entire Massachusetts Governor bit.

Paul Begala:What's Mitt Romney Hiding in His Record as Governor - The Daily Beast

It’s weird. Most governors who seek the presidency can’t shut up about how great their states are. Right now, there’s an even-money chance that Bill Clinton is telling someone that Hope, Ark., produces the biggest, juiciest watermelons in the world. But not Mitt. In the most important speech of his presidential campaign thus far, he ignored the only time he has ever held public office.

That is a mistake. Romney should be defining his record in Massachusetts before his opponents can define it for him. Two days before Romney’s kickoff speech, appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press, Obama strategist David Axelrod began carpet-bombing the Massachusetts record, noting that Romney is touting his business acumen, but also that he did the same when he ran for governor. “He said, ‘I’m going to get the economy moving again. I’m a businessman. I know how to create jobs.’ [The state] went from 37th in the nation in job creation to 47th in the nation in job creation. So we’ve tested the Romney acumen when it comes to creating jobs, and he’s been found wanting.”

Perhaps that’s why Romney doesn’t dwell on his record as governor. His state really was 47th in job creation, behind only Ohio and Michigan, both of which were being ravaged in the manufacturing meltdown, and Louisiana, which had been devastated by Katrina. Romney even trailed Mississippi and Alabama in job growth, breaking the iron law that Mississippi and Alabama have to be last in pretty much everything except cockfights and kissin’ cousins. While the country as a whole enjoyed 5 percent growth, Romney’s Massachusetts grew at 0.9 percent.

So - tell me again. Why should we believe he can do well by 50 states, when he set the one he had back 10 spots?

it's hard to create jobs when the economy is running at full employment.

unemployment in mass was 5.6% when he took office in jan 2003 and was 4.7% when he left office in jan 2007.

Paul Begala:What's Mitt Romney Hiding in His Record as Governor - The Daily Beast

It’s weird. Most governors who seek the presidency can’t shut up about how great their states are. Right now, there’s an even-money chance that Bill Clinton is telling someone that Hope, Ark., produces the biggest, juiciest watermelons in the world. But not Mitt. In the most important speech of his presidential campaign thus far, he ignored the only time he has ever held public office.

That is a mistake. Romney should be defining his record in Massachusetts before his opponents can define it for him. Two days before Romney’s kickoff speech, appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press, Obama strategist David Axelrod began carpet-bombing the Massachusetts record, noting that Romney is touting his business acumen, but also that he did the same when he ran for governor. “He said, ‘I’m going to get the economy moving again. I’m a businessman. I know how to create jobs.’ [The state] went from 37th in the nation in job creation to 47th in the nation in job creation. So we’ve tested the Romney acumen when it comes to creating jobs, and he’s been found wanting.”

Perhaps that’s why Romney doesn’t dwell on his record as governor. His state really was 47th in job creation, behind only Ohio and Michigan, both of which were being ravaged in the manufacturing meltdown, and Louisiana, which had been devastated by Katrina. Romney even trailed Mississippi and Alabama in job growth, breaking the iron law that Mississippi and Alabama have to be last in pretty much everything except cockfights and kissin’ cousins. While the country as a whole enjoyed 5 percent growth, Romney’s Massachusetts grew at 0.9 percent.

So - tell me again. Why should we believe he can do well by 50 states, when he set the one he had back 10 spots?

unemployment in mass was 5.6% when he took office in jan 2003 and was 4.7% when he left office in jan 2007.

Okay.

While the country as a whole enjoyed 5 percent growth, Romney’s Massachusetts grew at 0.9 percent.

No one on the left wants to hear anything good about Romney's term as Gov of a very liberal State.

Just the bad or questioinalble stuff if you please. LOL

Mitt's record in Massachusetts is excellent. It is not his fault that of 800+ job killing bills he vetoed, the super majorities in the Mass House and Senate over rode 700 of them. Oddly, Begala seems to forget all about that part of the equation.....

It's really sad that any message board would make a stupid piece of shit like that a mod. It's one thing to bully and spam as a regular poster, but quite another as a mod.

Last time I checked thread nazi.. mods were allowed freedom of speech on this message board.. stop whining you weak fuck.

Because he had a Democratic controlled legislature.
Just like Ohio and Michigan had.
It's as plain as the nose on your face. Any States that are Democratically controlled are in trouble with huge debts and little job growth.

I am supposed to read an article by Paul Bagala (what, we couldn't find Van Jones to write the article?) and then defend Mitt Romney?? At the time of his governship, wasn't unemployment at around 5.6% and when he left it was at around 4.5%?

Ha,ha,ha... Okay. Wait right here, I'll be back to do just that...

No one on the left wants to hear anything good about Romney's term as Gov of a very liberal State.

You're right. It is 'bad or questionable' that he's running on the same platform now that he ran on then, and he wasn't able to accomplish what he said he would do based on 'being a businessman', so I'll ask again.

Why should we believe he can do well by 50 states, when he set the one he had back 10 spots?

I am supposed to read an article by Paul Bagala (what, we couldn't find Van Jones to write the article?) and then defend Mitt Romney?? At the time of his governship, wasn't unemployment at around 5.6% and when he left it was at around 4.5%?

Ha,ha,ha... Okay. Wait right here, I'll be back to do just that...

And

Romney did close the $3 billion budget gap he’d inherited (although he then left a projected shortfall of up to $1 billion). The methods he used are instructive. He slashed higher education, cut revenue to local governments, and raised fees on everything from college students to mortgages, from buying a boat to opening a bar.

Romney’s cuts to education and job training were especially severe. Fees for university students shot up 63 percent as Romney hammered college funding. Robert Karam, former chair of the UMass Board of Trustees, was a Romney backer. But no more. “I think higher education really stood still” under Romney, he has said. Romney even annoyed the business community—his core constituency—by cutting job training, workforce development, and trade assistance.

The Romney recipe of cutting education and job training, forcing higher fees on the middle class, and protecting the rich from tax hikes didn’t work in Massachusetts. But his approach to health care did. Paradoxically, the best thing Romney did as governor—and it was a great thing—is the one thing he dares not talk about as a presidential candidate. Too bad, because a solid 62 percent of the folks who actually live under Romneycare—and its dreaded individual mandate—say they like it.

You're right. It is 'bad or questionable' that he's running on the same platform now that he ran on then, and he wasn't able to accomplish what he said he would do based on 'being a businessman', so I'll ask again.

Why should we believe he can do well by 50 states, when he set the one he had back 10 spots?

what part of *full employment* baffles you?

mickey d's was paying 12.50/hour to start and they still had trouble getting people.

And then the Democrats took over, both in the state and nationally to take that unemployment number up to the 9's.

At least Romney has a record of doing something, and now after three years of the idiot in office, so does Obama finally. I'm a conservative, and I'd still take Romney any day of the week regardless of his less-than-conservative past. Anyone but Obama, that's all Mitt's slogan needs to be.

mickey d's was paying 12.50/hour to start and they still had trouble getting people.

I can support me on $12.50 an hour. I can't support my family.

Should've had a conscription program!

I can support me on $12.50 an hour. I can't support my family.

way to miss the point :thup:

Forum List

Back