Hey, Lone Ranger, Leave The Kids Alone!

The movie was dud in its opening weekend and looks like it will be a major flop not surprising Holloywood has a knack for screwing up classics with remakes I believe this is the second time they have done it with The Lone Ranger.

The Lone Ranger was a dude of a character to begin with.

I have no idea why they tried to make it into a movie.

Same with the Green Hornet.

the Green Hornet was a flop the minute they said Seth Rogan was going to be the Hornet....

Ever watch the show?

Batman was fun because it was campy.

Green Hornet?

It was just completely goofy. Never worked. Even with Bruce Lee.

Although I've yet to see the movie, it sounds like Johnny Depp did a fine job of making Native Americans proud. I thank and salute you, Mr. Depp.

Marlon Brando showed similar courage when asking Sacheen Littlefeather to decline his best actor Oscar for The Godfather on March 27, 1973:

Sacheen Littlefeather

On March 27, 1973, a young woman took the stage at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles, California, to decline Marlon Brando’s Best Actor Oscar. She said that Marlon Brando cannot accept this award because of the treatment of American Indians by the film industry and the recent happenings at Wounded Knee.

Brando had written a fifteen-page speech to be given at the awards by Cruz, but when the producer met her backstage, he threatened to physically remove her or have her arrested if she spoke on stage for more than 45 seconds. The speech she read contained the lines:

Hello. My name is Sasheen Littlefeather. I’m Apache and I am president of the National Native American Affirmative Image Committee.

I’m representing Marlon Brando this evening, and he has asked me to tell you in a very long speech which I cannot share with you presently, because of time, but I will be glad to share with the press afterwards, that he very regretfully cannot accept this very generous award.​

Much More: Native American Genocide

Although I've yet to see the movie, it sounds like Johnny Depp did a fine job of making Native Americans proud. I thank and salute you, Mr. Depp.

Marlon Brando showed similar courage when asking Sacheen Littlefeather to decline his best actor Oscar for The Godfather on March 27, 1973:

Sacheen Littlefeather

On March 27, 1973, a young woman took the stage at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles, California, to decline Marlon Brando’s Best Actor Oscar. She said that Marlon Brando cannot accept this award because of the treatment of American Indians by the film industry and the recent happenings at Wounded Knee.

Brando had written a fifteen-page speech to be given at the awards by Cruz, but when the producer met her backstage, he threatened to physically remove her or have her arrested if she spoke on stage for more than 45 seconds. The speech she read contained the lines:

Hello. My name is Sasheen Littlefeather. I’m Apache and I am president of the National Native American Affirmative Image Committee.

I’m representing Marlon Brando this evening, and he has asked me to tell you in a very long speech which I cannot share with you presently, because of time, but I will be glad to share with the press afterwards, that he very regretfully cannot accept this very generous award.​

Jane McCrea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even though it will be severely limiting for you,
...try to stick to words you actually understand.
Here, let me help.....hypocrisy means criticizing in others what one allows in themselves.
Now, see how dumb your post really is?
Oops...I actually meant how dumb you really are.

Soo PC who criticized anyone for a white guy portraying an Indian? According tour definition of course...

Maybe all five Indian actors in the US were busy.

maybe recruit Roshan Hrithik and bollywood actors?

Hmmmm, the yankee army in the pocket of corporate interests. They got that part right.

Then, well...
While Texas' borders did at one time encompass parts of Colorado and Wyoming, they never included any portion of Utah. While there was a time that the Rangers paid little attention to borders in the pursuit of their prey, they rarely headquartered in other states.

Wow all linked to some guys opinion page. Welp! Opinions are like assholes and his stinks.

Matter fact, he's like the guy who yells "I didn't do it" when someone says the last cookie is missing. Telling on himself since there is no mention of white guilt in the movie.

Someone sounds like they are guilty of feeling....guilt

Lol, everything mentioned by the blogger was in the film, dumbass.

Sounds like you have the guilt going or are trying to keep white guilt going, you fucking fraud.

Sacheen Littlefeather

There was no genocide, you fucking lying piece of shit.

There are more Amerindians alive today than when Columbus got here; FACT.

There are probably three times that if you count Mestizos; FACT.

Half the people on this continent have some Amerindian blood; FACT.

You are a racist ideological fucktard; FACT.

Wow all linked to some guys opinion page. Welp! Opinions are like assholes and his stinks.

Matter fact, he's like the guy who yells "I didn't do it" when someone says the last cookie is missing. Telling on himself since there is no mention of white guilt in the movie.

there was no evidence of Batman being a Pedophile either.....and yet way back when they tried to say his relationship with Robin was such....

I don't know, this looked a little suspicious..

220px-Batbed.png

The movie was dud in its opening weekend and looks like it will be a major flop not surprising Holloywood has a knack for screwing up classics with remakes I believe this is the second time they have done it with The Lone Ranger.

The Lone Ranger was a dude of a character to begin with.

I have no idea why they tried to make it into a movie.

Same with the Green Hornet.

I think, from what I've seen, this movie didn't know if it wanted to play it straight as an action adventure movie or be a comedy because it had Johnny Depp in it. So it tried to be both and did neither well.

Also, it suffers from the "George Lucas" disease of creating action sequences that so bend the laws of physics that you just can't take them seriously.

They already did a remake of the Lone Ranger back in the 1980's, with Christopher Lloyd.

That was pretty awful, too.

Now if you wanted a real life genuine fits-the-description of politically/ideologically driven indoctrination (or attempts thereof) of schoolkids,

in the classroom,

you'd be better served posting something like this:

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District

Kitzmiller originated when the Dover Area School District Board of Education in Dover, Pennsylvania voted 6-3 to "challenge" evolution, under the leadership of creationist Bill Buckingham, by adding a one paragraph disclaimer to the local high school biology curriculum [1] garbling the regular curriculum with teach the controversy and promoting the "scientific alternative" of intelligent design and using Of Pandas and People as a reference. The dissenting members of the school board resigned in protest[2] and the measure carried.

Buckingham had previously wanted to use the textbook Of Pandas and People in the classroom to teach both sides of the creation-evolution "debate", but was shot down because teaching creationism was previously ruled unconstitutional.

Angered about being forced to teach about ID, the entire science teaching faculty of Dover High School refused to read the statement, citing a clause in the Pennsylvania code of education allowing them not to be forced to teach something they thought false. As a result, the statement was, instead, read by the assistant superintendent during what the school staff felt was a forced classroom interruption. Local parents, weary of their children being taught a false controversy surrounding evolution, filed a class-action lawsuit.

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District - RationalWiki

THAT is a much better example.
What do you think of this example?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO3NBqT3LBc]School Children Taught to Praise Obama - YouTube[/ame]

" Because the filmmakers recognized how racist the source material was, some critics have a problem with the politically correct (white guilt) social commentary which was put into this film in order to distance itself from the racist depiction of Native Americans."
The Lone Ranger: Haters Gonna Hate - San Jose Indie Movie | Examiner.com

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

I guess the thing is, you go back and watch those old Lone Ranger serials that I used to enjoy when I was a kid, today they are kind of cringe inducing with the way Tonto and other Native American Characters were portrayed.

Which might be part of the reason why this movie flopped. Those old serials have been shelved for decades. This wasn't a character that the younger audiences knew anything about.

Here's what I think the real crime is. No original ideas. Whether it be Star Trek or Green Hornet or Lone Ranger, Hollywood makes decisions based not on, "Gee, that's a story that needs to be retold", but on "Hey, people have heard of that. There will be an audience for it, right?"

So you get a bloated Star Trek movie that is a repackaging of The Wrath of Khan, when in fact, the original was just fine as it was and still holds up 30 years later.

So tell me, in the movie, what material was the lone rangers mask made out of, and why did the ranger's get slaughtered?

I was trying to be kind, but since you insist on the full treatment, let's review the salience of the thread, and your post in particular.

1. The essence of the thread is that Hollywood has attempted to use the well-loved hero of American culture to indoctrinate the less perceptive.
Pay attention....this may be you.

2. The witnesses that I've presented to support the thesis are professional reviewers....who have, almost to the man, seen the film.
This, in fact, is what you claim is the key to reviews.

3. You have, in fact, presented yourself as an 'expert witness.'
This is not in evidence.

You may have dozed off during the boring movie.
You may be less than perceptive, unable to glean even what is aimed at grade-schoolers.

You may have a political perspective that filtered out the gambit.

In short....who the heck are you to deny what so very many others have sworn to?
Again, I reiterate;

Why did the original Lone Ranger wear a mask? How did this differ from the movie?

Why did the original Lone Ranger ride with Tonto rather than with deputies and a posse, and how did this differ from the movie?

You answer these factual inquiries and I will respect your post, otherwise, your post is an attempt to dodge my very salient points.

Many of the critiques cite "White guilt?" What a crock. They left out the part where Tonto and the Lone Range went to the Comanche and informed them that the lawless gang hired by the Railroad tycoons were trying to instigate a false flag war. Did the Comanche care? Not one whit. They buried them up to their necks and left them in the dessert. How sympathetic does that make the tribe look? Do you think my eleven year was sympathetic upon seeing that tribe then get slaughtered? BOTH sides were warned, both the Calvary Regiment AND the Comanche that they were being used by the corporatists. The movie was about the corruption of men, where INDIVIDUALS are the victims, and leaders, tribal elders, governments and bureaucracies are the evils among us.

The grand victory is when the silver, that which the corporation is corrupting men for, gets dumped back into the river. That is the atonement for all those deaths. (That it happens at the end of William Tell Overture is just the icing on the cake. :eusa_angel:)

"You answer these factual inquiries and I will respect your post,..."

You misunderstand.

I couldn't care less what your opinion is.

Soo PC who criticized anyone for a white guy portraying an Indian? According tour definition of course...

Maybe all five Indian actors in the US were busy.

Instead of you white liberals dictating what offends Native Americans, maybe we could ask one.

Whoa nice bait and switch Dave. So instead of explaining how Depp playing an Indian is hypocritical (your words not mine) you cant so you now are onto a new point about whether or not all Indians are ok with it.

Quitter

Sacheen Littlefeather

There was no genocide, you fucking lying piece of shit.

There are more Amerindians alive today than when Columbus got here; FACT.

There are probably three times that if you count Mestizos; FACT.

Half the people on this continent have some Amerindian blood; FACT.

You are a racist ideological fucktard; FACT.

lol, there was no genocide of Native Americans because some of them survived?

Good argument. That would mean there was no genocide of Jews in Europe by the Nazis because some of them survived.

You're an idiot.

I think hollywood takes way too many liberties with squeezing agendas into their films

".... Oliver Stone's movie JFK was a brilliant accomplishment. In fact, there's really only one major flaw that I can detect in the movie: it was foisted upon a lazy and gullible public as gospel truth when in fact it is nothing but the unsubstantiated and paranoid lies and delusions of both its main character and its director.
JFK is a movie constructed on a shaky foundation of duplicity. So many lies of omission permeate the movie that it would take up another article to catalog them all."
Oliver Stone, JFK, and Conspiracies Destroyed - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Forum List

Back