Hey ladies...

Perhaps you don't understand what a wanker is according to the UK definition.
Perhaps you think he speaks for all women on USMB just as you think you do. :cuckoo:
I know what wanker is. You were being a wanker - on several fronts, too.

When a woman poster posts that she finds Colin's avatar sexist, I will be more than happy to concede. Until then, spare us your misplaced, condescending, patriarchal need to tell us what offends us, when you haven't heard US say a thing about his avatar. That's an absurd and arrogant (without any meat to back it up) attitude on your part.

Cool, it has now been determined that you and only you are the final determining factor of what is sexist. Because we all know that if any woman found anything to be sexist, they would make sure you knew about it and spoke for them.. Please tell me who is the final determiner of what is racist, that way I can make sure I annoy them also.

P.S.
I didn't say his avatar was sexist, I said it could be construed that way. He flat out called me a wanker.

Wasn't it you who had the avatar with a masturbating whatever! I thought you were making a statement about yourself.

poor paulie...he is really taking a beating..with the removal of the pic...it makes him look like a poster who really posted something really offensive...i objected to the pic as in "bad taste" but i dont think it was that bad...and i think the "community" was pretty much self censoring in their reactions to it....

but now without the pic in the op...people are gonna wonder what the hell did paulie...post? how bad was it blah blah blah.....

so i will go out on a limb....(damn it paulie, i hope your sorry ass is worth this)

here is the pic that resulted in the trouble, you can go look or not go look....but i think in all fairness we need to have access to the pic causing the discussion and downfall of paulie...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2214/2171350584_097962f79c.jpg

I don't know about all the ladies on USMB, but if you're honestly saying Colin is a sexist for having that av, he speaks for me. Bikini babes never hurt anyone, why should they offend?

and that is why you are sounding reasonable. you are not claiming to speak for any woman and you don't try to present yourself as a spokesperson for women.

apart from this, colin should just shut the fuck up, i never met a bigger sycophant.

Hardly! :lol:
But pages of this thread are taken up discussing him when his back is turned, so to speak. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. :D

Don't worry about it Goldcatt. Being attacked by LK is akin to being beaten to death with a feather duster! He's a jolly brave chap too. Even hard enough to call a woman a c**t! Boy! He must have some balls. I wonder where they are. :lol:

poor paulie...he is really taking a beating..with the removal of the pic...it makes him look like a poster who really posted something really offensive...i objected to the pic as in "bad taste" but i dont think it was that bad...and i think the "community" was pretty much self censoring in their reactions to it....

but now without the pic in the op...people are gonna wonder what the hell did paulie...post? how bad was it blah blah blah.....

so i will go out on a limb....(damn it paulie, i hope your sorry ass is worth this)

here is the pic that resulted in the trouble, you can go look or not go look....but i think in all fairness we need to have access to the pic causing the discussion and downfall of paulie...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2214/2171350584_097962f79c.jpg

Poor Paulie, it's not personal. File this under "Jokes Gone Bad" and let it be a lesson to the testosterone and stale beer crowd on where to draw the line. ;)

and that is why you are sounding reasonable. you are not claiming to speak for any woman and you don't try to present yourself as a spokesperson for women.

apart from this, colin should just shut the fuck up, i never met a bigger sycophant.

But pages of this thread are taken up discussing him when his back is turned, so to speak. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. :D

Don't worry about it Goldcatt. Being attacked by LK is akin to being beaten to death with a feather duster! He's a jolly brave chap too. Even hard enough to call a woman a c**t! Boy! He must have some balls. I wonder where they are. :lol:

Don't ask me, I thought they were in the usual place. It's not my job to strip search the posters! Especially before breakfast. :eek:

Don't ask me, I thought they were in the usual place. It's not my job to strip search the posters! Especially before breakfast. :eek:

Actually, you would be wasting your time. I don't think he has any.

It's just too nice a morning for flaming. You're on your own with that one!

It's just too nice a morning for flaming. You're on your own with that one!

I usually let a good one rip in the morning...

flamer.gif

I know what wanker is. You were being a wanker - on several fronts, too.

When a woman poster posts that she finds Colin's avatar sexist, I will be more than happy to concede. Until then, spare us your misplaced, condescending, patriarchal need to tell us what offends us, when you haven't heard US say a thing about his avatar. That's an absurd and arrogant (without any meat to back it up) attitude on your part.

Cool, it has now been determined that you and only you are the final determining factor of what is sexist. Because we all know that if any woman found anything to be sexist, they would make sure you knew about it and spoke for them.. Please tell me who is the final determiner of what is racist, that way I can make sure I annoy them also.

P.S.
I didn't say his avatar was sexist, I said it could be construed that way. He flat out called me a wanker.

Wasn't it you who had the avatar with a masturbating whatever! I thought you were making a statement about yourself.
That's what you get for trying to think.

The absurd can be wankers. You were being absurd by telling him his avatar is sexist.

Not only that, as a woman I have little need for those with a misplaced patriarchal attitude to speak for my gender - out of the blue - as to what will offend us. I am perfectly capable of doing that myself, as are most women at USMB. His avatar is not sexist to any woman here, and we are a pretty strong and intelligent bunch of women at USMB, irrespective of political leaning.

Perhaps you think he speaks for all women on USMB just as you think you do. :cuckoo:

I don't know about all the ladies on USMB, but if you're honestly saying Colin is a sexist for having that av, he speaks for me. Bikini babes never hurt anyone, why should they offend?

I didn't say his avatar was sexist, I said it could be construed as sexist.
Those are two entirely different things, don't let Si Modo's misinterpretation of what I actually posted muddy the water.

Those are two entirely different things, don't let Si Modo's misinterpretation of what I actually posted muddy the water.

Just about anything "could" be construed by "somebody" as sexist. Are we now going to argue over the definition of "is"? If so, I'm going to need more coffee. :razz:

Just about anything "could" be construed by "somebody" as sexist. Are we now going to argue over the definition of "is"? If so, I'm going to need more coffee. :razz:

I am merely point out that what I actually said, and what was claimed that I said are two entirely different things.

I am merely point out that what I actually said, and what was claimed that I said are two entirely different things.

Not entirely different, but we're into semantics now. If you want to play devil's advocate, you run the risk of being misunderstood.

Not entirely different, but we're into semantics now. If you want to play devil's advocate, you run the risk of being misunderstood.
Misinterpreted.

Forum List

Back