Hey for all of those who think I am a total leftist LOON check it out!!

The Glock 40 is a good choice and get some Glaser Safety slugs for home defense use. You can also check out your local gun store most of the time you can get a deal on something used and serviceable.
But as another poster said make sure that you get the training, the NRA website and your local shop can point you in the right direction.
From your fellow left wing loon.

Last edited:
I want to get a good home defense weapon (no shotguns) but I am getting a lot of conflicting info. Any thoughts?

CZ 82, 9x18 ammo (kurtz9 otherwise known as a short 9mm). Parts and ammo are plentiful, easy to get and inexpensive. The weapon is a work horse and best of all you can get one for around $300 with an extra mag. It's all metal so it's heavier than the current composite arms available but that also helps in reducing recoil.
The picture (on my screen - 22" wide) is actual size.

cz82_pistolbig.jpg

I almost forgot it's on the C&R list (Curios and Relics)

Last edited:
Go to the next gun show in your area, Cold.
Great prices on new and used.
If I get up to your area as planned next year, I've got a 9mm that i'll sell ya' dirt cheap. It's just laying around locked in a safe. Haven't used it in years. Check your local gun laws on transfer of ownership. We can go to a local gun range and i'll teach ya' how to use it, safely and quite effectively. It's a great home protection weapon. Particularly if one of them Boise methheads decides to use your home as their clearing house in the middle of the night!
Center mass, BABY!. Blow that friggin' heart right out the back of the body!

Last edited:
I think gun bans are BULLSHIT and unconstitutional.

As a left wing loon, I think that the individual is responsible for protecting himself. The police are only there to clean up the blood and try to find out who did it.

As such, I support individual gun ownership

A large loud dog also helps. I don't think most bad guys are going to try and break in if they hear a dog who sounds like it weighs over 75 pounds.

My weimie's have always been a deterrent to someone entering unwanted.

If the bad guys are brave enough still break in, then I have a shotgun, 22, 303, Hawken 50 caliber which makes a great club.:lol:

Don't go and get a gun unless you get some kind of professional lessons on how to shoot the bad guy and not yourself or family.

good advice Ray.....

I think gun bans are BULLSHIT and unconstitutional.

Great!

But, I still think you are a total leftist loon! That is one of the reasons I enjoy having discussions with you. Don't change... er! not too much anyway!

Immie

I want to get a good home defense weapon (no shotguns) but I am getting a lot of conflicting info. Any thoughts?

CZ 82, 9x18 ammo (kurtz9 otherwise known as a short 9mm). Parts and ammo are plentiful, easy to get and inexpensive. The weapon is a work horse and best of all you can get one for around $300 with an extra mag. It's all metal so it's heavier than the current composite arms available but that also helps in reducing recoil.
The picture (on my screen - 22" wide) is actual size.

I almost forgot it's on the C&R list (Curios and Relics)

The 9x18 is known as the 9Makarov, not the 9kurz, which is a .380 in this country.
While the CZ82 is a fine gun, I am not sure I would recommend it for someone as a first one.
It depends on how much a person is going to train and practice with the weapon. An automatic can jam. That's a fact of life. Don't whine how your Lorcin has gone 5000 rounds without a jam, the fact remains that any auto can jam and unless you've trained to clear it you're gonna spend the rest of your life learning how in a gun fight.
For a one decision leave in the drawer gun I'd recommend a Smith and Wesson Model 10 .38spc revolver, or any of the variants. They are generally inexpensive on the used market, intuitive to operate, reliable, never jam, will shoot a variety of ammo. It is the longest production gun in history, beginning in 1899 and you can buy a new one today. If you learn the trigger on the revolver shooting an auto is easy.
Shotguns are cheaper but are a limited weapon and many people dont have a place they can go shoot one.
btw I actually do this for a living.

As to the OP, a better question is:
Do you support "reasonable" restrictions on gun ownership? If so, what do you call reasonable?

A large loud dog also helps. I don't think most bad guys are going to try and break in if they hear a dog who sounds like it weighs over 75 pounds.

My weimie's have always been a deterrent to someone entering unwanted.

If the bad guys are brave enough still break in, then I have a shotgun, 22, 303, Hawken 50 caliber which makes a great club.:lol:

Don't go and get a gun unless you get some kind of professional lessons on how to shoot the bad guy and not yourself or family.

Yeah, but then you have to clean up the shit! It is not worth it.

I'd rather them fear the sound of a round being chambered and I don't even own a gun. ;)

Immie

If I get up to your area as planned next year, I've got a 9mm that i'll sell ya' dirt cheap. It's just laying around locked in a safe. Haven't used it in years. Check your local gun laws on transfer of ownership. We can go to a local gun range and i'll teach ya' how to use it, safely and quite effectively. It's a great home protection weapon. Particularly if one of them Boise methheads decides to use your home as their clearing house in the middle of the night!

I DO know how to shoot and understand ALL the safety precausions(don't point ANY gun at anything you don't want to kill) I think best sums it up.

I DO know how to shoot and understand ALL the safety precausions(don't point ANY gun at anything you don't want to kill) I think best sums it up.
Yeah, and definitely don't point it at your feet!
:razz:

If you aren't residents of the same state then it's illegal to sell a gun across state lines private person to private person.

Somebody mentioned saftey rounds........Are they designed to not go through walls and kill my roomate for no good reason?

Glasers are made to fragment upon impact but will still penetrate enough to cause some damage so be sure of your target. There is more to successfully defending your home with a firearm than being able to hit your target.
Where will you set up in an emergency?
Think about the layout of your home are you able to keep everybody safe from your Bedroom door?
Have you talked about what to do in an emergency a code word to use when things are going bad?
STAY IN YOUR ROOM! usually works, but you need to talk about it with everyone.
Will the layout of your home force you to use a weak hand hold?
You should practice both left and right hand holds barricaded and not, standing. kneeling and prone.
Familiarize yourself with the weapon to the point where it becomes automatic.
Charge your cell phone in your bedroom so it's at hand when you need it.
Keep it and the weapon close together not on opposite sides of the room.
Once everyone is safely behind you DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT! abandon your position until the Police arrive.
And remember the DVD player isn't worth taking someones life.

Last edited:
Somebody mentioned saftey rounds........Are they designed to not go through walls and kill my roomate for no good reason?

Glasers are made to fragment upon impact but will still penetrate enough to cause some damage so be sure of your target. There is more to successfully defending your home with a firearm than being able to hit your target.
Where will you set up in an emergency?
Think about the layout of your home are you able to keep everybody safe from your Bedroom door?
Have you talked about what to do in an emergency a code word to use when things are going bad?
STAY IN YOUR ROOM! usually works, but you need to talk about it with everyone.
Will the layout of your home force you to use a weak hand hold?
You should practice both left and right hand holds barricaded and not, standing. kneeling and prone.
Familiarize yourself with the weapon to the point where it becomes automatic.
Charge your cell phone in your bedroom so it's at hand when you need it.
Keep it and the weapon close together not on opposite sides of the room.
Once everyone is safely behind you DO NOT! I repeat DO NOT! abandon your position until the Police arrive.
And remember the DVD player isn't worth taking someones life.

Great post thanks. I can cover the front door from my bedroom pretty easily but the back door is another story.

New Topics

Forum List

Back