Hey Christians, why are you clebrating paganism?

Then why do they celebrate it on the wrong day?

Do YOU know what day Christ was born? Neither does anyone else. Is it that we celebrate his birth in Dec that bothers you or that we celebrate his birth at all?

Quite a few scholars agree on the date being October 31st, All Hallow's Eve.

Quite a few also agree that he was born in the spring. Again, is it the fact that we celebrate his birth in Dec, or the fact that we celebrate it at all that bothers you?

or and do you have a cite for the Oct 31st theory? I had heard the fall but no one that I've heard of actually gave a date.

Do YOU know what day Christ was born? Neither does anyone else. Is it that we celebrate his birth in Dec that bothers you or that we celebrate his birth at all?

Quite a few also agree that he was born in the spring. Again, is it the fact that we celebrate his birth in Dec, or the fact that we celebrate it at all that bothers you?

or and do you have a cite for the Oct 31st theory? I had heard the fall but no one that I've heard of actually gave a date.

One of the main reasons that it was in the fall is because a census was being taken. Think about this logically.......if you're going to take a census and tax people, when would be the best time to do so? That's right.......after the harvest and prior to the winter, when travel is still doable and the people have already been paid.

Those that argue for the spring are ignorant of the fact of that being one of the busiest times for shepherds and farmers, because of all the new animals and planting the crops.

That's one of the reasons that I study some of the things that I do, such as Judaic and Taoist theology. Why? Because those haven't been screwed with, yet much of the KJV of the Bible has been.

Am I upset of the celebration of His birth? No, because I know quite well who Yeshua is. Not only that, I really like the lessons He laid down.

I'm just pissed at all the hypocrites that lie about Him.

One of the main reasons that it was in the fall is because a census was being taken. Think about this logically.......if you're going to take a census and tax people, when would be the best time to do so? That's right.......after the harvest and prior to the winter, when travel is still doable and the people have already been paid.

Those that argue for the spring are ignorant of the fact of that being one of the busiest times for shepherds and farmers, because of all the new animals and planting the crops.

That's one of the reasons that I study some of the things that I do, such as Judaic and Taoist theology. Why? Because those haven't been screwed with, yet much of the KJV of the Bible has been.

Am I upset of the celebration of His birth? No, because I know quite well who Yeshua is. Not only that, I really like the lessons He laid down.

I'm just pissed at all the hypocrites that lie about Him.

For all you know, you are the one lying about Him. :cuckoo:

Ah yes,

The meandering observations of somebody who just reached that level of maturity where it makes them feel intelligent to declare their non-believer status.

I never tire of them telling us what they think they've discovered...basically the same stuff people have know since before their grandfather was born.

WOW! Christmas falls around a celestial event and so does EASTER!!!

Who knew?

Passing it off as Yeshua's actual birthday is what's wrong. Ever hear the commandment "thou shalt not bear false witness"?

Mixing it in with pagan rituals is way out of line with Yeshua. But then again......the Romans wanted everyone in their empire to follow just 1 religion, so they forced it down the throats of the pagans by their holidays.

Incidentally, I'm not an "unbeliever" like you've stated. I actually acknowledge HaShem as God, and His Son Yeshua. I also acknowledge Buddha, Lao-Tzu, Sun-Tzu, and the Brahmans of the Hindu religion.

I just think it's wrong to lie about Yeshua.

JC doesn't sweat the small stuff, amigo.

He's a big picture kinda savior.

Ah yes,

The meandering observations of somebody who just reached that level of maturity where it makes them feel intelligent to declare their non-believer status.

I never tire of them telling us what they think they've discovered...basically the same stuff people have know since before their grandfather was born.

WOW! Christmas falls around a celestial event and so does EASTER!!!

Who knew?

Passing it off as Yeshua's actual birthday is what's wrong. Ever hear the commandment "thou shalt not bear false witness"?

Mixing it in with pagan rituals is way out of line with Yeshua. But then again......the Romans wanted everyone in their empire to follow just 1 religion, so they forced it down the throats of the pagans by their holidays.

Incidentally, I'm not an "unbeliever" like you've stated. I actually acknowledge HaShem as God, and His Son Yeshua. I also acknowledge Buddha, Lao-Tzu, Sun-Tzu, and the Brahmans of the Hindu religion.

I just think it's wrong to lie about Yeshua.

JC doesn't sweat the small stuff, amigo.

He's a big picture kinda savior.
thats the truth

"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

kinda eliminates everyone since "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

If you guys get a chance, check out History Channel's "True Story of Christmas".

Saturnalia is an Ancient Roman festival that was held in honor of the god Saturn.
Contents

Saturnalia became one of the most popular Roman festivals. It was marked by tomfoolery and reversal of social roles, in which slaves and masters ostensibly switched places, much like the Lord of Misrule in later Christian celebrations.

Saturnalia was introduced around 217 BCE to raise citizen morale after a crushing military defeat at the hands of the Carthaginians.[1] Originally celebrated for a day, on December 17, its popularity saw it grow until it became a week-long extravaganza, ending on the 23rd. Efforts to shorten the celebration were unsuccessful. Augustus tried to reduce it to three days, and Caligula to five. These attempts caused uproar and massive revolts among the Roman citizens.

Saturnalia involved the conventional sacrifices, a couch (lectisternium) set out in front of the temple of Saturn and the untying of the ropes that bound the statue of Saturn during the rest of the year. A Saturnalicius princeps was elected master of ceremonies for the proceedings. Besides the public rites there were a series of holidays and customs celebrated privately. The celebrations included a school holiday, the making and giving of small presents (saturnalia et sigillaricia) and a special market (sigillaria). Gambling was allowed for all, even slaves.

Saturnalia was a time to eat, drink, and be merry. The toga was not worn, but rather the synthesis, i.e. colorful, informal "dinner clothes"; and the pileus (freedman's hat) was worn by everyone. Slaves were exempt from punishment, and treated their masters with (a pretense of) disrespect. The slaves celebrated a banquet: before, with, or served by the masters. Yet the reversal of the social order was mostly superficial; the banquet, for example, would often be prepared by the slaves, and they would prepare their masters' dinner as well. It was license within careful boundaries; it reversed the social order without subverting it.[2]

The customary greeting for the occasion is a "Io, Saturnalia!" — Io (pronounced "e-o") being a Latin interjection related to "ho" (as in "Ho, praise to Saturn").[

Saturnalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shit..........the holiday was originally started as a Roman pagan celebration in praise to the Roman god Saturn!

Fuck.........is that enough paganism for you?

The early church, rather than being divisive and ignore the feelings of others, chose the time of the winter solstice to include the pagans in Christianity.
So?
Same thing with spring solstice, rabbits and eggs.
We tried not to disrupt times of celebration they already had in place.
In other words, we tried to not put stumbling blocks in their path.

If you're so against anything pagan you're gonna have to start calling the days of the week by their respective numbers.
SUNday, MOONday, THORSday, SATURNday

The early church, rather than being divisive and ignore the feelings of others, chose the time of the winter solstice to include the pagans in Christianity.
So?
Same thing with spring solstice, rabbits and eggs.
We tried not to disrupt times of celebration they already had in place.
In other words, we tried to not put stumbling blocks in their path.

If you're so against anything pagan you're gonna have to start calling the days of the week by their respective numbers.
SUNday, MOONday, THORSday, SATURNday

Nope, the paganism was mixed in from the get go.

Talk to the Catholics about that.

Forum List

Back