Outsourcing our charity

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Avatar4321, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,207
    I was reading a sermon from the late 70s earlier. A friend had sent it to me suggesting that I might enjoy it. I did.

It was counsel concerning charity and government assistance. I always find it interesting when the ideas I am pondering turn up by chance in what I am reading or watching. I've been very concerned with the idea that it's the government's responsibility to take care of other. I am often astounded that many of the same people who talk about the problem of offsourcing work overseas have no problem outsourcing their other responsibilities to the government.

The best way to ensure that something never gets done is by telling everyone it's not their responsibility. We need to all work as individuals to carry the burden so no one gets to heavy. Just remember this Christmas season that it's a time to reach out and lift one another. Remember the true Spirit of the season.

I also wanted to share part of the text that really has me thinking tonight:

I am confident that the survival of our nation is not going to be found in Washington or even in the various State governments. It's going to be found in the hearts and the minds of the people. We need to prepare ourselves. We need to be leaders by becoming independent and governing ourselves so we can show others how to do likewise.

You want to end excessive government? You want to limit their power? You do it by demonstrating to others the real way to serve one another. You show them how to live. You teach them to do it. You develop skills and then teach them to others.

I am more and more convinced that this is the only way we can keep our Republic. We need to awake and arise and get to work.

2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,118
    so, a Church charity, is ALSO outsourcing ones own responsibility equal to government charity, because it is you, the individual, that is suppose to be the 'source' for your own family members in need, no?

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    No. A church charity exists because member of that church create and run it. That's not outsourcing, it's coming together to do something decent for your fellow human beings. The majority of Christians believe that it is an individual responsibility to help those in need. That is one of the reasons that we dislike Government assuming that 'responsibility', it is ours. I don't need the Government to take my responsibility.... clearly, neither does Avatar. If you do, shame on you... but that is your business.... Your need to give up your responsibility to your fellow man does not mean the rest of us should have to do likewise.