Here's what complaining student loan debtors say, vs. what they sound like to me:

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
What they say: "I borrowed $80,000 dollars to get a four-year degree that hasn't helped me get a job that pays any better than my job at the cell phone kiosk. Howmi supposed to pay all that back? Cancel that debt!"

What they sound like to me: "I borrowed $80,000 to play blackjack in Vegas for four years. I didn't win anything at all. Howmi supposed to pay all that back? Cancel that debt!"

What they say: "I borrowed $80,000 dollars to get a four-year degree that hasn't helped me get a job that pays any better than my job at the cell phone kiosk. Howmi supposed to pay all that back? Cancel that debt!"

What they sound like to me: "I borrowed $80,000 to play blackjack in Vegas for four years. I didn't win anything at all. Howmi supposed to pay all that back? Cancel that debt!"
Key point is "... help me get a job that pays better ..."

Makes that education and college degree(s) like a capital investment, similar to what one would do in a business start up.

So is the Fed Guv'mint going to bail out anyone whom started a business that failed? Take over the debts still owed and reimburse what was invested to start?

Of course we're talking basics of economics here and that aspect of learning seems to be short shrift in our education system.

Of course there are entitled people....

That's not my whine.

My whine is that I want the government to uphold their end of the contract. They contracted that after 10 years of payments while working at public schools and non-profit organizations that they would forgive the remaining balance.

They haven't done it.

Otherwise I have no other complaint.
Just keep the contract made. That's all I want. That's all that's due.

Key point is "... help me get a job that pays better ..."

Makes that education and college degree(s) like a capital investment, similar to what one would do in a business start up.

So is the Fed Guv'mint going to bail out anyone whom started a business that failed? Take over the debts still owed and reimburse what was invested to start?

Of course we're talking basics of economics here and that aspect of learning seems to be short shrift in our education system.

They already do that but only for certain enterprises. Welfare ranching, for example.

Walmart teaches their new hires how to apply for food stamps. That means we're subsidizing their cost of doing business.

True that the point of an education is to get a better job but the US doesn't believe in investing in the country or the populace. One more reason why it makes sense to go to a university in Europe. The bad news is many of them are not coming back to the US to work and who can blame them?

Forum List

Back