Here's An Idea

No point ironing the wrinkles out of a shirt that's on fire.

Well put! :lol:

no point in trying to justify people having a better quality of life to the RW's either.

that shirt is a Law, Laws are subject to amendments, amendments made by both parties .. if the right spent as much effort putting out the fire as they do pouring gas on it, the problems would be well on their way to repair ...

I have said many times that the GOP sold us all into bondage by not acting on health care reform when they held all the reins of power. Liberals communicated unequivocally about what they would do if given a chance, and the GOP still failed to act. In fact, the GOP created its own new trillion dollar government medical entitlement program without paying for it.

Health insurance should not be tax exempt, no matter who pays for it. Auto insurance payments are not tax exempt, nor are home insurance payments.

Tax expenditures are dragging the entire country under. They add up to $1.2 trillion a year and are a great part of why we have a $17 trillion debt.

It is far past time to stop government meddling in things you should be doing for yourself.

I think one of the complaints about this idea is that health insurance companies dont or wont quote pricing and or cost of services before hand. I think that was one of the complaints with "shopping around"
when you say pricing and or cost of services, do you mean to go to the doctor, etc.?

Well put! :lol:

no point in trying to justify people having a better quality of life to the RW's either.

that shirt is a Law, Laws are subject to amendments, amendments made by both parties .. if the right spent as much effort putting out the fire as they do pouring gas on it, the problems would be well on their way to repair ...

I have said many times that the GOP sold us all into bondage by not acting on health care reform when they held all the reins of power. Liberals communicated unequivocally about what they would do if given a chance, and the GOP still failed to act. In fact, the GOP created its own new trillion dollar government medical entitlement program without paying for it.

The GOP will continue to sell us into bondage...just as the Dems will. There is little difference between the two parties...both are statist and progressive, only difference is a matter of a few degrees.

It is clear that healthcare in this nation is a fraud designed to enrich or empower insurance companies, healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and government...yet another example of America becoming more fascist by the day.

And when you realize that our food supply is designed to make us sick, so that we must seek outrageously expensive medical services, you realize what a big scam it is.

Last edited:
Health insurance should not be tax exempt, no matter who pays for it. Auto insurance payments are not tax exempt, nor are home insurance payments.

Tax expenditures are dragging the entire country under. They add up to $1.2 trillion a year and are a great part of why we have a $17 trillion debt.

It is far past time to stop government meddling in things you should be doing for yourself.

The big difference you are missing is that if your car gets banged up, then society doesn't feel any obligation to help you fix it.

But we as a society are not going to stand idly by and watch someone die right in front of us without lifting a finger to help them. And that's where the uninsured wind up costing us all a whole lot of money.

Poor analogy imho.

Not to mention that you don't need a car or to own a home to survive. You do need health care. And contagious disease affects the entire community.

I have this really insane idea.

Let's say you have a job. And let's say all your employer does every couple of weeks or so is give you...a paycheck!

Your employer does not give you health insurance. Instead, you call up any insurance company in the country and...get this...YOU decide what you need! :eek:

Do you need birth control coverage? You got it! No problem!

Do you need coverage if you get a broken leg? You got it! No problem!

Do you NOT need birth control coverage? No problem! You don't have to pay for that.

Just like the way you buy your auto insurance. You decide how big a deductible you can handle, and how much coverage you want.

And since you can buy your insurance from any company anywhere, they are all competing like crazy for your business. You have bargaining power.

I know how insane that sounds. Everyone knows the government should be deciding these things for me. What the hell am I doing deciding what kind of health care coverage I want? That should not be between me and my doctor and my insurance. The government should be involved in every way possible.

And it is better that a big chunk of your income is diverted into a health insurance plan at your job that you have absolutely no choice about. You have to go with what your company provides. That's MUCH better than you receiving that income and getting to decide what is best for you and your family. It is just plain nuts to leave such personal decisions up to you. I'm totally crazy for proposing such a preposterous idea.

OK Let's say you have a job and your employer has health insurance.
What's wrong with that?
After all 149,464,500 people are covered by - Employer plans... (Just to be clear.. these are people covered by their employers' plans...OK?)
And then we have 66,390,642 people - Medicaid ---- people covered by states' Medicaid..
So when we add 49,435,610 people covered under Medicare
Another 15,771,400 people - Private plans
Plus 7,900,000 people - Veterans Administration health care system had nearly enrolled as of October 2008.
http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/factsheets/fs_department_of_veterans_affairs.pdf
and then we 8,300,000 people under - Tricare.. TriCare Information - Military Health Care

That adds up to 301,219,252 people with some form of insurance coverage.

THEN when you find out 10 million counted as uninsured are NOT citizens PLUS
14 million people that due to inefficiencies of Medicaid don't know they are covered!
Finally 18 million people can afford (make over $50,000) are too young for health services (under 34).. and don't want their employers' plans.

So what was the problem in the first place that supposedly made this a crisis?

I have this really insane idea.

Let's say you have a job. And let's say all your employer does every couple of weeks or so is give you...a paycheck!

Your employer does not give you health insurance. Instead, you call up any insurance company in the country and...get this...YOU decide what you need! :eek:

Do you need birth control coverage? You got it! No problem!

Do you need coverage if you get a broken leg? You got it! No problem!

Do you NOT need birth control coverage? No problem! You don't have to pay for that.

Just like the way you buy your auto insurance. You decide how big a deductible you can handle, and how much coverage you want.

And since you can buy your insurance from any company anywhere, they are all competing like crazy for your business. You have bargaining power.

I know how insane that sounds. Everyone knows the government should be deciding these things for me. What the hell am I doing deciding what kind of health care coverage I want? That should not be between me and my doctor and my insurance. The government should be involved in every way possible.

And it is better that a big chunk of your income is diverted into a health insurance plan at your job that you have absolutely no choice about. You have to go with what your company provides. That's MUCH better than you receiving that income and getting to decide what is best for you and your family. It is just plain nuts to leave such personal decisions up to you. I'm totally crazy for proposing such a preposterous idea.

OK Let's say you have a job and your employer has health insurance.
What's wrong with that?
After all 149,464,500 people are covered by - Employer plans... (Just to be clear.. these are people covered by their employers' plans...OK?)
And then we have 66,390,642 people - Medicaid ---- people covered by states' Medicaid..
So when we add 49,435,610 people covered under Medicare
Another 15,771,400 people - Private plans
Plus 7,900,000 people - Veterans Administration health care system had nearly enrolled as of October 2008.
http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/factsheets/fs_department_of_veterans_affairs.pdf
and then we 8,300,000 people under - Tricare.. TriCare Information - Military Health Care

That adds up to 301,219,252 people with some form of insurance coverage.

THEN when you find out 10 million counted as uninsured are NOT citizens PLUS
14 million people that due to inefficiencies of Medicaid don't know they are covered!
Finally 18 million people can afford (make over $50,000) are too young for health services (under 34).. and don't want their employers' plans.

So what was the problem in the first place that supposedly made this a crisis?

The problem was government did not have complete control of American's healthcare and they want it.

That was the problem and Obama and his minions want complete control...they used absurd propaganda to fool millions of Americans into believing there was a problem and a need for more government control. Add in the many Americans ignorant of the dangers of big government, and you have an easy power grab.

To think government can handle our healthcare effectively, is to not think.

Forum List

Back