Here's a shocker. Bankman to enter plea deal

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
DEVELOPING: Sam Bankman-Fried to Enter Plea Deal in FTX Ponzi Scheme Case

Sam Bankman-Fried is expected to enter a plea next week to criminal charges he defrauded investors and looted billions of dollars in customer funds at his failed FTX cryptocurrency exchange.

The 30-year-old is expected to be arraigned on the afternoon of Jan. 3, 2023, before U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan federal court, court records on Wednesday showed.

Kaplan was assigned to the case on Tuesday, after the original judge recused herself because her husband’s law firm had advised FTX before its collapse.

Prosecutors have accused Bankman-Fried of engaging in a years-long “fraud of epic proportions,” by using customer deposits to support his Alameda Research hedge fund firm, buy real estate and make political contributions.
Sam Bankman-Fried’s ex-girlfriend Caroline Ellison, Alameda CEO, pleaded guilty to charges of fraud and conspiracy last week.

According to US Attorney Damian Williams, Caroline Ellison is cooperating with prosecutors in the Southern District of New York.

The SDNY also charged FTX co-founder Gary Wang with fraud.
In a separate complaint, the SEC charged Ellison and Wang with securities fraud.

Caroline Ellison admitted she and Sam Bankman-Fried conspired to mislead FTX investors and customers.

Ellison said her former company Alameda had access to FTX’s cash which ultimately afforded her an unlimited line of credit with no oversight.

Because of this arrangement, Alameda was able to ‘borrow’ money from FTX without having to put up any collateral or be subject to margin calls.

My surprised face. 😐

The fix is in folks.....Can't have a trial, too many uncomfortable questions for too many powerful people.

Yeah, I can hear it now!

SBF: "I can give you a list of all the transactions in which I laundered Ukraine aid money for the Pedocrats. Names, dates, the works."

DOJ: "...that won't be necessary. But as part of your plea deal, we'll have you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And here's a script of the testimony we want you to give as well."

Will not matter what sentence he gets because he will never serve a day .

Presumably it will end up as another CIA Show trial on TV . As fake as the recent Alex Jones nonsense theatre .

DEVELOPING: Sam Bankman-Fried to Enter Plea Deal in FTX Ponzi Scheme Case

Sam Bankman-Fried is expected to enter a plea next week to criminal charges he defrauded investors and looted billions of dollars in customer funds at his failed FTX cryptocurrency exchange.

The 30-year-old is expected to be arraigned on the afternoon of Jan. 3, 2023, before U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan federal court, court records on Wednesday showed.

Kaplan was assigned to the case on Tuesday, after the original judge recused herself because her husband’s law firm had advised FTX before its collapse.

Prosecutors have accused Bankman-Fried of engaging in a years-long “fraud of epic proportions,” by using customer deposits to support his Alameda Research hedge fund firm, buy real estate and make political contributions.
Sam Bankman-Fried’s ex-girlfriend Caroline Ellison, Alameda CEO, pleaded guilty to charges of fraud and conspiracy last week.

According to US Attorney Damian Williams, Caroline Ellison is cooperating with prosecutors in the Southern District of New York.

The SDNY also charged FTX co-founder Gary Wang with fraud.
In a separate complaint, the SEC charged Ellison and Wang with securities fraud.

Caroline Ellison admitted she and Sam Bankman-Fried conspired to mislead FTX investors and customers.

Ellison said her former company Alameda had access to FTX’s cash which ultimately afforded her an unlimited line of credit with no oversight.

Because of this arrangement, Alameda was able to ‘borrow’ money from FTX without having to put up any collateral or be subject to margin calls.

My surprised face. 😐

The fix is in folks.....Can't have a trial, too many uncomfortable questions for too many powerful people.

Yeah, I can hear it now!

SBF: "I can give you a list of all the transactions in which I laundered Ukraine aid money for the Pedocrats. Names, dates, the works."

DOJ: "...that won't be necessary. But as part of your plea deal, we'll have you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And here's a script of the testimony we want you to give as well."
LOL. First you retards claimed he would go scot free because you know...Dems!

Then, he gets arrested brought back to face charges and you idiots still claim he is going scot free?

First, just because he may try to get a plea deal, does not mean he will get one. Usually cases like these that hit the headlines and involve millions of dollars rarely do. And even, if the feds accept a deal, it doesn't mean Fried will get off scott free.

I expect him to face long years in prison and to pay a hefty fine.

Last edited:

Then, he gets arrested brought back to face charges and you idiots still claim he is going scot free?

First, just because he may try to get a plea deal, does not mean he will get one. Ususally cases like these that hit the headlines and involve millions of dollars rarely do. And even, if the feds accept a deal, it doesn't mean Fried will get off scott free.

So do I BUT there won't be a trial....You know, with disclosure of dem/RINO/corporate misdeeds....The Turtle & Co. does not get a pass from me.

That and (donning my tin foil hat) it also gives the feds the perfect excuse to crack down on crypto with no pesky dem/gop and other interested parties bodies in the way.....Not sure at this point if that is a good or a bad thing as crypto has always been more than sketchy in my mind.

So do I BUT there won't be a trial....You know, with disclosure of dem/RINO/corporate misdeeds....The Turtle & Co. does not get a pass from me.

That and (donning my tin foil hat) it also gives the feds the perfect excuse to crack down on crypto with no pesky dem/gop and other interested parties bodies in the way.....Not sure at this point if that is a good or a bad thing as crypto has always been more than sketchy in my mind.
You are right. You are donning your tin foil hat.

IMO, it would be hard for him to get a plea deal. Even if he does, he is facing a lengthy jail sentence.

First, just because he may try to get a plea deal, does not mean he will get one. Usually cases like these that hit the headlines and involve millions of dollars rarely do. And even, if the feds accept a deal, it doesn't mean Fried will get off scott free.

Dream on libster... The fix is in. Too many high profile politicians and Bidens involved...

With his strong democratic ties both him and his parents I'm sure it will be quite the slap on the wrist
Tons of evidence against him and fellow associates testifying against him, he has no business getting a plea deal

Make a plea, not accept a plea.

He's going to plead not guilty.

Editors are needed. Badly.

Dream on libster... The fix is in. Too many high profile politicians and Bidens involved...
Sure, retard. Will keep that in mind. Remember to stock up on tinfoil. I heard Kmart is having a sale. :itsok:

Kmart? They are gone, out of business. Like libitards . :boohoo:
Must have been the big investment in Y2K Dietz oil lanterns that did them in. ;)

R.145046fc86d548da1992fa677fc8c5f7

This is all just a big misunderstanding.

The original name “bitcoin” was literal. It was a joke. A bit of a coin ain’t worth too much. Then you encrypt it. And you don’t have physical possession of it.

Yeah. Some folks took it more seriously than others.

With his strong democratic ties both him and his parents I'm sure it will be quite the slap on the wrist
Tons of evidence against him and fellow associates testifying against him, he has no business getting a plea deal

The Dims want to give a plea deal so all the evidence that incriminates Dims won't be brought up in court. All these political cases are always settled with plea deals. They should be against the law.

Forum List

Back