Here is how to shut down legal pot growers

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
i was watching cnn debut the profits of pot growers in Nevada (funny they never show the profits of gun sellers). It's hard to shut them down without cooperation between local and federal authorities which just shows how weak the federal government really is but that is another issue all together. I thought with all of this ,obey that they have to pay taxes on it. The dreaded income tax. We all got to pay it. They either file and hope the irs doesn't send their info to the fbi or they don't file. I suspect they don't file and if they don't then they can be busted for tax evasion. In the case that they do then it is direct evidence that they are in violation of federal law. They put it down on their form. Damn if they do and damn if they don't.

Should the legalize pot movement support a fair tax in order to protect their harvest?

i was watching cnn debut the profits of pot growers in Nevada (funny they never show the profits of gun sellers). It's hard to shut them down without cooperation between local and federal authorities which just shows how weak the federal government really is but that is another issue all together. I thought with all of this ,obey that they have to pay taxes on it. The dreaded income tax. We all got to pay it. They either file and hope the irs doesn't send their info to the fbi or they don't file. I suspect they don't file and if they don't then they can be busted for tax evasion. In the case that they do then it is direct evidence that they are in violation of federal law. They put it down on their form. Damn if they do and damn if they don't.

Should the legalize pot movement support a fair tax in order to protect their harvest?
In the first place, there's absolutely no reason to shut them down, none. Secondly, tax it the same way everything else is taxed. It's really very simple.

If the Feds made it legal to grow medical marijuana this wouldn't be an issue.

• Banned

In the first place, there's absolutely no reason to shut them down, none. Secondly, tax it the same way everything else is taxed. It's really very simple.

It is still a violation of FEDERAL LAW and there is no reason why the irs can't hand over tax info to federal agents who can then sweep in and arrest them. That is what we do with Obamacare....

• Banned

The income tax endangers legal pot growers for this reason. THey are able to grow it because the state and local governments do not assist in enforcing federal restrictions on pot. It allows them to do that. When they file income tax they have to devulge a lot of information about their business to the government (IRS filing). NOw the federal government has a dossier file about your illegal activities and if you were completely honest on the irs filing you have just confessed to a federal crime. This could be the only way to crack down on legal pot dealers.

Please do a little research. They file the income as miscellaneous which is where you put all illegal income or income of complicated legality. The IRS is not allowed under most circumstances to give those tax returns to other agencies, so they pay the taxes and that's the end of it.

dewd, that's how half the pot growers currently in the Federal Pen got there.

If Republicans want to win in 2016, we need to stay away from wedge issues like this one.

I am 67 years old, served two tours in Viet Nam in an Airborne Unit as an Infantryman and one of THE most conservative persons on this Board.....

And I see nothing wrong with firing up a doob every now and then.

I also think we should give free abortions to ANY dimocrap that wants one. And $5 from the Keep America Beautiful fund.

We also need to understand that the ACA is here to stay.

Those are wedge issues we just need to steer clear of.

It's like a giant swamp. You can't defeat it, you can't swim across it, you can't drain it, you can't drive across it so..........

You avoid it.

If you've got any sense

Please do a little research. They file the income as miscellaneous which is where you put all illegal income or income of complicated legality. The IRS is not allowed under most circumstances to give those tax returns to other agencies, so they pay the taxes and that's the end of it.
First and foremost, I'm not in favor of shutting down any LEGAL activity.
The OP makes no sense.

But your assertion that the IRS can't hand over information to another government agency is false.
Re: ACA/HHS

First and foremost, I'm not in favor of shutting down any LEGAL activity.
The OP makes no sense.

But your assertion that the IRS can't hand over information to another government agency is false.
Re: ACA/HHS

Um, that's why I said "under most circumstances"- the set of circumstances where they can send out tax returns copies to. See here and note that it lists specific other government agencies they can send them to and under what circumstances.

I like how you started off as an obvious joke account, gave up b/c it wasn't funny, and have gone full blown conservative on us now. But why in the world would you keep that screenname? :rofl:

Forum List

Back