Here Come the Mormons (bbc)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The BBC was granted access to the cult and followed several of its missionaries around for a while.

We learned a lot. They cant drink tea being the big shocker for me. WTF ?? I think its easy to laugh about them but I tend to agree with the review. The kids came across as polite and well brought up if a little wierd.

The doc avoided hard questions but did spend time with some folk who had left the church. One left because he felt guilty having a wank.

Their marketing techniques are quite cynical and seem to revolve around swamping social media. They have to make 50 posts a day. The being stopped in the street looks like it is on the way out.

Highlight for me is that they came to my home town, Wrexham , looking for sinners. They gave it up a week later having failed to find any. Thats because we are all good Christians here.

I couldnt square the kids I saw and their good behaviour with that of other mormons. The kids talked about love but that is not much in evidence amongst other practitioners. Maybe they picked the nicest ones ?

Our Mormon friends have some offbeat ideas for sure, but I don't see those ideas like no-drinking to really be "cultic" at all.

You should get a load of the Radical Episcopalianists, those cats are really far out. Between the waving of the Homosexual Flags and promoting crazy ideas like Gay Marriage, they are the very personification of "Cult".

Our Mormon friends have some offbeat ideas for sure, but I don't see those ideas like no-drinking to really be "cultic" at all.

You should get a load of the Radical Episcopalianists, those cats are really far out. Between the waving of the Homosexual Flags and promoting crazy ideas like Gay Marriage, they are the very personification of "Cult".
Or the lunatic cultists infesting this joint, like the OP, for whom The State is their god.

I dont know. What did Jesus say about having a cup of rea ? How does it bring you closer to God ?

182220616_2201727763295258_4550316180128491020_n.jpg

Forum List

Back