Here are President Theodore Roosevelt's comment on Immigration. Wake up Americans.

Beachboy

Irritated Indy Voter
Apr 8, 2013
Pacific Palisades, CA & Albuquerque, NM

Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

President Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

President Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Last edited:
Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

President Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

Too bad Teddy wasn't around to give that speech to AIPAC.

like-a-boss-e1350189178780_6.jpg

Perhaps a copy to La Raza and a full page ad in the Dearborn Michigan Free Press

Ah 1907. When race riots and lynchings were everyday affairs (and then documented as postcards) -- when the European colonizers of America had subdued and virtually exterminated the last holdouts of its indigenous population and turned its wrath on newer European arrivals like Italians. Gosh Jeepers, those were the daze.

What a great ideal to emulate. What could possibly go wrong doing that-- I can't think of a thing, can you?

Ah 1907. When race riots and lynchings were everyday affairs (and then documented as postcards) -- when the European colonizers of America had subdued and virtually exterminated the last holdouts of its indigenous population and turned its wrath on newer European arrivals like Italians. Gosh Jeepers, those were the daze.

What a great ideal to emulate. What could possibly go wrong doing that-- I can't think of a thing, can you?

Translation: I am one of those progressive pieces of trash, and I am all for giving our country away to the lowest bidder. So I will just attack the post, because how dare you racists try and keep those brown people out.

Who's emulating them? Those people are all dead now and we aren't them nor are they us. Who's exterminating anyone in this country today?

Who's emulating them? Those people are all dead now and we aren't them nor are they us. Who's exterminating anyone in this country today?

What do you think the purpose of this thread is? When Bitchboy sez "wake up Americans" you think he's exhorting us to learn our own history? Because if you do I have this beautiful oceanfront property for sale in Wyoming.

Translation: I am one of those progressive pieces of trash, and I am all for giving our country away to the lowest bidder. So I will just attack the post, because how dare you racists try and keep those brown people out.

I gave the quote the context it was missing.
You have a problem with context, do ya?

bienvenuewelcome-canadian-ted.jpg

I don't see where anyone but you is bringing up less savory aspects of those times . There is no reason we cannot recognize those aspects that were right and good for us as a nation while eschewing those that were best left to history. The quote regarding immigration in the OP and attributed to Roosevelt is absolutely correct.

Nice photo shop.

bienvenuewelcome-canadian-ted.jpg

muslimsmexicans.jpg

My god am going to compliment you, I can't think of a thing either.

Being familiar with your posting, you have again missed my point as OP, and that of President Theodore Roosevelt.

"...Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...."

President Theodore Roosevelt was one of the most popular Presidents and beloved by both political parties in 1907 and today. Roosevelt is an extremely powerful source to quote, which is why you have no real comeback Pogo. You have not figured out that illegal Mexicans and Muslims have been labeled as evil enemies of the American way of life.

Let Obama have his little love-fest with Mexicans and Muslims because he is gone in two years. I made a mistake voting for Obama twice. The reality of the situation is that Congress and EVERY candidate for President is anti-Mexican and anti-Muslim. Read what Hillary Clinton had to say about illegal Mexicans in the 1990s. Deportation, pathway to citizenship, and the current immigration system are all roadblocks to Mexicans and Muslims. It will never change, and the American people have had it with freeloaders and terrorists. Time to get down to the actual killing, because that is the intention of both groups toward real Americans.

culturally+enriched.jpg

Last edited:

Well, I certainly have no idea.

rejectterror1.jpg

clark4-800x555.jpg

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” --- Isaac Asimov... 35 years ago

Isaac-Asimov-Quotes3.jpg

Hysterical, you provide a quotation from a biochemist turned science fiction writer who does not have the credibility to polish Teddy Roosevelt's shoes? Where did you get your education? The Stalin School in Russia?

Stalin_Quote.JPG

Last edited:

Hispanic immigrants assimilate at about the same rate as most immigrants. Data shows that pretty much all 2nd generation immigrants speak english just fine and by the 3rd generation they identify far more with America's culture than with their family's culture. Just like every immigrant that's ever come into this country.

What do you think the purpose of this thread is? When Bitchboy sez "wake up Americans" you think he's exhorting us to learn our own history? Because if you do I have this beautiful oceanfront property for sale in Wyoming.

Keep your day job. Don't count on your creativity to get a career position. "Bitchboy." Really?

You are just angry because a powerful quote from the popular President Teddy Roosevelt knocks out all your misinterpretation of facts Sorry, Pogo you are just another noise machine from guys like Joe Stalin.

Yes, some people might have missed the Roosevelt quote, and should wake-up to the facts about the foundation the United States is built upon the attitudes of our greatest presidents. There is only one flag in this country, love it or leave it.

giphy.gif

By the way, my oceanfront property is in Pacific Palisades, California.

I gave the quote the context it was missing.
You have a problem with context, do ya?

tumblr_m2et7fDM971rrohr1o2_400.gif

There is no need for context from you, me, or TR for that matter. Like all solid thought it speaks for itself. You are sounding pretty desperate, Pogo. You lost this debate many posts ago.

theodore-roosevelt-o.gif

Forum List

Back