Her only regret? That she wasn't carrying her gun...so she could have shot him....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
this uber driver was ambushed by a man she tried to help..and she barely survived the attack...and she stated that her only regret was that uber doesn't allow their drivers to carry a gun for self defense....

Victim fought off attacker on I-80, suspect still at large

Salt Lake City — (KUTV) Reah Vance says she was viciously attacked as she tried to help a man who appeared to be a stranded motorist on Interstate 80 East in Parley's Canyon Wednesday night.

----------------

She pulled over as he motioned toward the passenger side of his truck. As she approached, she said he put a chord around her neck.

"I couldn't breathe," she said.

She pushed herself off the truck and both fell. The man punched her on the face twice. He missed on the third punch and hit the gravel instead.

He yelled in pain. He then grabbed her ponytail and slammed her face against the gravel.

Vance said she kicked and struck the man in the genitals. She ran to her car.

"All I could think of were my kids," she said.

Vance is a single mom of two young children. She said she fought to get back home to them.

Vance said the experience won't discourage her from helping others in the future, but she will be more cautious.

She said someone helped her while on the side of the road once while she was injured and in distress — and she's never forgotten that.

Her only regret: Not carrying a gun. She has a conceal carry permit but Uber and Lyft don't allow drivers to carry weapons.

She plans to call the companies to ask them to reconsider even though she was not on shift as a driver and the suspect was not a customer.

this uber driver was ambushed by a man she tried to help..and she barely survived the attack...and she stated that her only regret was that uber doesn't allow their drivers to carry a gun for self defense....

Salt Lake City — (KUTV) Reah Vance says she was viciously attacked as she tried to help a man who appeared to be a stranded motorist on Interstate 80 East in Parley's Canyon Wednesday night.

----------------

She pulled over as he motioned toward the passenger side of his truck. As she approached, she said he put a chord around her neck.

She pushed herself off the truck and both fell. The man punched her on the face twice. He missed on the third punch and hit the gravel instead.

He yelled in pain. He then grabbed her ponytail and slammed her face against the gravel.

Vance is a single mom of two young children. She said she fought to get back home to them.

Vance said the experience won't discourage her from helping others in the future, but she will be more cautious.

She said someone helped her while on the side of the road once while she was injured and in distress — and she's never forgotten that.

Her only regret: Not carrying a gun. She has a conceal carry permit but Uber and Lyft don't allow drivers to carry weapons.

She plans to call the companies to ask them to reconsider even though she was not on shift as a driver and the suspect was not a customer.

"Her only regret: Not carrying a gun. She has a conceal carry permit but Uber and Lyft don't allow drivers to carry weapons."

1. Better to lose a job than a life.

2. Concealed means concealed.

----------------

"Her only regret: Not carrying a gun. She has a conceal carry permit but Uber and Lyft don't allow drivers to carry weapons."

1. Better to lose a job than a life.

2. Concealed means concealed.
3. better to be judged by 12 than carried by six

Forum List

Back