Helping the homeless at Christmas

Oh? I had ASSumed you would give equal quantity of both types. My Bad.
You're implying.....More ounces of cheap for the same dollar amount. Agreed they would want the more.
I think they get the cheap stuff all year long. Christmas is different. It's gotta be good. Or put a twenty in a card and let 'em make their own choice.

They would prolly rather have 6 bottles of the cheap stuff, but I agree with being generous with them around the holidays. There's a an old guy with Parkinsons I've been seeing lately in the same spot, I've been giving him a few bucks here and there.
I'm sure Jesus smiles from Heaven on this

God bless. So many tend to think the homeless are sub-human... or so it seems to yours truly

I wish I could want to help homeless people but I can't actually help them in a real way. Just handing them a few bucks or something to eat doesn't help them at all. Even if I bought them a steak dinner and gave them 200 bucks they would still be homeless,.

The only way to truly help the homeless is by having a better society that fosters everyone to be strong, smart, ambitious, decent, and responsible and discourages crime and drugs and laziness. If we had that kind of society there would be very few homeless which would make helping them get on their feet much easier.

All these professional beggers have ruined any desire I have to help anyone asking for money. In today's age I honestly don't trust or believe anyone anymore.
I can relate and have felt thesame

But I have talked to homeless people (they all have had traumatic events in their lives)

and.. like u say, even giving them $200 or whatever is still not really helping them to get out of homelessness. It is very discouraging. I give small amounts because at least it shows them that everyone is not against them.

Forum List

Back